Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Wow, claimed you got 2k in a month and posts 5 broken links to troll us you must be so good.

And yes, analysing a good player on his stream of videos is good, but definately very overwhelming to start with.
    Well at least you recognize my greatness.

Thanks!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by ineedinfo View Post
    I just can't understand why I loose most of the games...
    Skill is pretty much irrelevant in WoW PvP so there's really no way you can "suck" at it.

A WoW PvP victory is 48% gear, 48% spec, 1% lag/luck/crit rng, and 1% "skill".

Don't let anybody tell you otherwise.

If you lost its because you were out-geared or because your spec was just beat by design.

K?

Seriously, add anybody who tells you otherwise to the ignore list.

WoW PvP is about gear and spec, period.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Skill matters, then how would you explain 4 things: 1) same players over and over again get R1, Glad, 2.4+ each season, while people who never got above 2k, usually remain below 2k, even though you can find Turob at 2.8k cr for example and same comp at 1.8k cr
    2) Early or mid season you can find alts of R1 players in blues above 2.5k cr while people in better gear, running same comps stuck below 2.2k
    3) when facing a mirror comp, the comp with higher skill will out cc, out dps, and out heal other mirror comp if the losing is 1.8k xp players and the 2nd team is multi r1, the dmg difference will be almost 50% greater if not more, if skill only plaid 1% then the dmg difference should have been roughly 1%.
    4) same 2 specs doing RBGs or regular BG, same gear, a more skilled player can pull much greater dps and die less than another player playing exactly same spec with exactly same gear

Quote Originally Posted by ineedinfo View Post
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/Makronix/simple

I just can't understand why I loose most of the games..
    Perhaps maybe because I am new un-experienced noob that don't know best macro set up or whatever

I played 2v2 non-rated, and I perhaps won 3 games out of 20+ games. I got keybinds on my mouse (14 buttons) and orb-weaver gaming pad, so I am not a clicker. People refer me to their wow armouries and I got the right set up, but mostly need more gear.

Whats the problem? is it the gear? or I don't understand tactics ? - I just want 2000 Rating, but eh, I can only dream.
    You are playing 2s as a warrior.
    Been a log time since I play arenas, but unless not much has changed, it is going to be mostly frustrating unless your partner is a healer.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    Skill is pretty much irrelevant in WoW PvP so there's really no way you can "suck" at it.

If you lost its because you were out-geared or because your spec was just beat by design.

K?

I'll 100 boost a mage tomorrow, gear it in 2 days and get R1 as RMD by the end of next week. Thanks for the info, I thought I needed to learn how to play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post

K?

Indeed, utilizing all your spells to the fullest, knowing most if not all the spells of your enemy, anticipation, awareness, positioning, communication with teammates and timing all amount to 1% of the succes.

/sarcasm

Whoa whoa whoa, you guys are way over complicating things here. I thought warriors just put their face on the keyboard?! For reals though, imho knowing as much about other classes as possible is paramount. Knowing how they'll react to your actions and being able to react to that etc. For example with my DK holding out on death grip until I can force a blink, disengage, displacer beast etc can be the single deciding factor between winning and losing. And practice practice practice, all the pvp you can all the time. Personally I think it's all useful learning experience but arena is a little different and if that's where you want to play the most than that's where you should spend the most time. Small numbers combat really exposes people's flaws and short comings way more than 10 man combat which can gloss a lot of things over.

Deleted
    The reason PvP takes a while is because of all the knowledge you need to have, in PvE if you know your own class's strengths, weaknesses, the rotations and the boss mechanics then you are pretty much set.

In PvP you need to know all that, minus the boss mechanics of course and also that of another 10 classes and their specializations.
    Then you also need to use a lot of macro's to cc targets without the need of changing your target.

Because of this you need more buttons and most likely a button mouse. Also check out some keybinding guides, for instance you can move using 3 keys, strafe left/right and forward. You can use sdf I think to have the most buttons around that point.

When I started I had all these button icons on my screen bottom-center of my screen. I like to be able to see cd's buffs and debuffs in an instant without having too look too much so I placed all the spells with with no real cd on the sides of my screen. Get debuffs and buffs in the center with a dr tracker( for any form of pvp outside of arena.)

Once I had all that I started to get somewhere, finally pushing beyond 2k and all you need from there is experience. Some say PvP is 90% keybinds/focusmacros and 10% skill, it might be a little exaggerated but keybinds really play a huge role in PvP.

I think as a warr in 2's you should be playing with a resto druid ( not entirely sure as I haven't played 2's for quite some time.) Being able to use your cd's and pull of a cyclone/stun/fear combo while doing heavy damage with HotW ( wrath crits for 50k and I think FB does even more.) and your own cd's should push your rating quite a bit.
    Make sure that your druid gets some combo points beforehand and let him fb with hotw, then he should just cc and cast some wraths. If you spec fury then you can do feral/warr as well, fish for a trinket, pop cd's and gg. This is a lot more unforgiving and is a bit harder to start with for a beginner I think.