Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    *puts tiny bear traps on the keys*
    Just trying to get your post count up at this point I see. Please provide something credible to support yourself. I'll still be here.

He's going full crazy about being black listed from the internet and shit.

Maybe cus Mike hasn't called back?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    1) Nost has no idea what Blizzard works with.
    2) I doubt that home brewed code would satisfy Blizzards rather high standards.
    3) Users are a lot less forgiving when it comes to bugs/stability when they pay a monthly fee.

No matter how you slice it, setting up a legacy server would be a lot of work. Esp if you want to integrate it into the current battle.net infrastructure.
    Could you imagine the outcry if the servers actually crashed as much as they did in Vanilla? How they had to literally refund us multiple months of fees because of the instability? Or not stopping the hackers/botters, or anything else they currently expect from modern day wow..

*puts tiny bear traps on the keys*
    I play Dark Souls so I can get pass those lol
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Oh man, I love this. Hopefully this will be a wake up call for Blizzard, eventhough it will take years (knowing them) to notice any possible change they set in motion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    This belong to the frontpage.
    It really doesn't.

This guy was around to help create the first iteration of WoW, yet since he left Blizzard his reputation is in the shithouse, he even got fired from the very company he founded. This is just a sad attempt at maybe getting back at blizzard for some personal unfinished business or trying to become relevant again.

Plus if you notice, there's paper there that wasn't even printed or written on. He's a moron and this video is just a "look at me, I matter" video.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I play Dark Souls so I can get pass those lol
    Curses! Hehe. Is it 3 by chance? Haven't tried that one yet, any good if so?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    It really doesn't.

This guy was around to help create the first iteration of WoW, yet since he left Blizzard his reputation is in the shithouse, he even got fired from the very company he founded. This is just a sad attempt at maybe getting back at blizzard for some personal unfinished business or trying to become relevant again.

Plus if you notice, there's paper there that wasn't even printed or written on. He's a moron and this video is just a "look at me, I matter" video.
    It does, and it is.

And proof for the petition: https://youtu.be/mFAadmkAd7g

You people need to stop making false claim and get proud that you found a false proof.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Also, do you think you are the only one with common sense. You feel when hundreds of thousands of people want Blizzard to create these servers they never processed the idea that they would have to pay? I forgot, the petition clearly said give us everything for free.
    For HOW LONG?
    That is the question you have to ask.

Sure many people want it now and I am certain such a server would see a rather insane spike of activity at the start.
    But how would it look one... or two years down the road? When the reality of "no new content EVER" really sets in and content has been played to exhaustion?

Blizzard thinks long term. Immediate interest is not the issue. SUSTAINED interest is.

I mean for f*** sake, people whine, unsub and QQ because the last expansion raid lasts 10+ months.

Yea, pretty much my stance on it. Had he pushed the message forward and helped it out, I'd actually see him in a decent light. Not a cause I agree with, but more power to you to go for it. To then go 'They're not giving me credit for it' is in poor taste though. At least IMHO.
    It's a very obvious reference to Gamergate. If you can't spot that I don't know what rock you've been living under. He's not asking for credit, he's suggesting it reinforces his belief that they have blacklists on certain people they will refuse to mention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you imagine the outcry if the servers actually crashed as much as they did in Vanilla? How they had to literally refund us multiple months of fees because of the instability? Or not stopping the hackers/botters, or anything else they currently expect from modern day wow..
    Yes, it would be a fiasco and lots of horrible PR for Blizzard.

Curses! Hehe. Is it 3 by chance? Haven't tried that one yet, any good if so?
    DSIII is my fav out of all the souls games and my 2nd fav Form Software game (Behind Bloodborne).

I say if you liked the others you will like this one.

Without spoiling anything all ill say is DSIII is there love child of all there games of the souls/born series.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

1) Nost has no idea what Blizzard works with.
    2) I doubt that home brewed code would satisfy Blizzards rather high standards.
    3) Users are a lot less forgiving when it comes to bugs/stability when they pay a monthly fee.

No matter how you slice it, setting up a legacy server would be a lot of work. Esp if you want to integrate it into the current battle.net infrastructure.
    1. Well, there's an easy way to solve that problem.... they can work with blizzard.
    2. The Nost code was fine. It worked and the most interesting part about it was that the team was working for free. I can't imagine getting the rest of the code would cost an arm and a leg. In fact I suspect it wouldn't cost them anything.
    3. Between dealing with Nost's vanilla code, or playing Legion, I think we've seen by this thread and the other one that has almost a million views, many players would find the legacy server to be much better.

Oh, yeah it would be hilarious... And sad as well of course.

For HOW LONG?

Sure many people want it now and I am certain such a server would see a rather insane spike of activity at the start.
    But how would it look one... or two years down the road? When the reality of "no new content EVER" really sets in and content has been played to exhaustion?

Blizzard thinks long term. Immediate interest is not the issue. SUSTAINED interest is.

I mean for f*** sake, people whine, unsub and QQ because the last expansion raid lasts 10+ months.
    I really need to save a word document for this. The circle gets old.

Nos proved that there was only a growing increase in pop since it's release. Considering most of them probably signed the petition, it's safe to assume they know what they were getting themselves into. Or are you saying this 30 something year old etc that played on a server for a game more than 10 years old can't afford $15 a month? Or are you stating they were all children who can't convince their parents to pay?

Totalbiscuit made a comment today on his podcast that I think is quite true.

Before blizzard had the server shutdown a small few gave a fuck. Now it seems like a massive amount but I bet thats dude to people hoping on the bandwagon.

I would love to know how many active accounts nostalrius had before the annoucement if it getting shutdown. I bet that annoucement alone spiked people to make a account and check it out before it was gone.

For HOW LONG?

The problem that retail faces with lack of content is not the same one that legacy servers possess. Vanilla due to the gating and grind involved, along with BC, (not going to lump in wotlk) takes much longer to gear up and experience content. Can players run out of stuff to do eventually? Sure, but it's going to take much much longer than retail.

And if you want to look at it from that perspective, you can even argue that legacy servers would probably help blizzard retain players. One of the most common problems nowdays is that players hit max level, try LFR, "beat the game" and then unsub shortly after. We saw Wow's subs split in half before they stopped posting those sub numbers. The fact that Vanilla and BC are much more difficult to beat only suggests that it would help blizzard retain players.

DSIII is my fav out of all the souls games and my 2nd fav Form Software game (Behind Bloodborne).

I say if you liked the others you will like this one.

Without spoiling anything all ill say is DSIII is there love child of all there games of the souls/born series.
    Hmmmmmm... Maybe after raid tonight I'll think about picking it up. As the discussion about the actual video/situation here seems to be dying off and just people slinging slander at eachother, that'l be a nice bit of fun for the night. Thanks.

Totalbiscuit made a comment today on his podcast that I think is quite true.

Before blizzard had the server shutdown a small few gave a fuck. Now it seems like a massive amount but I bet thats dude to people hoping on the bandwagon.

I would love to know how many active accounts nostalrius had before the annoucement if it getting shutdown. I bet that annoucement alone spiked people to make a account and check it out before it was gone.
    If I recall it was like 150k-300k accounts, but there was no way to determine how many of those were mutliboxers or anything like that.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-04-26 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    many players would find the legacy server to be much better.
    For a couple months at best for the majority.

It would take no time for the content to be cleared then people would be bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmmmmmm... Maybe after raid tonight I'll think about picking it up. As the discussion about the actual video/situation here seems to be dying off and just people slinging slander at eachother, that'l be a nice bit of fun for the night. Thanks.
    NP at all check out the Dark Souls III megathread if u need info. Its still active as hell.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-3?p=40023559

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Nos proved that there was only a growing increase in pop since it's release. Considering most of them probably signed the petition, it's safe to assume they know what they were getting themselves into.
    Nost proved nothing.
    Signing a petition proves nothing.
    The only thing that would prove anything is if Blizzard created a legacy server and people actually paid the sub fee.

Everything else is extrapolation, hearsay salted with a large portion of wishful thinking.