Poll: German-American Heritage Month

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    They weren't actively being discriminated against... you do realize that these are issues that take generations to solve, then again people love to foolishly believe that their history doesn't matter.
    again, utter crap
    blacks have had 40 years of preferential treatment, multiple generations with more than a leg up

everything you just said is anti-white horseshit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yes, of course. There were tons of them just after the unification. That generation is dying out now, of course. But I'm sure if you look hard enough, you can still find them.
    2016 - 1914 = 102 minimum yeah... no you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    2016 - 1914 = 102 minimum yeah... no you can't.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ercentenarians

Ok. Guess you're right. You know everything.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    For real though, I would love more German stuff.

This great German bar near where I live closed and I am in search of a new 1.
    It is just a plane ticket away ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is just a plane ticket away ;P
    lol truuuuu

7+ Year Old Account
    I really don't see the point, I also don't see the point of having black history month or Asian history month or French history or Irish history.... just teach it all, all of the time.

If anything we should have an Orc History Month, showing the pain and turmoil the Orcs have gone through.

We only need an African American, Native American and Muslim history month.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    again, utter crap
    blacks have had 40 years of preferential treatment, multiple generations with more than a leg up

everything you just said is anti-white horseshit
    Oh yes the white man is the victim in all of this.. preferential treatment? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    I really don't see the point, I also don't see the point of having black history month or Asian history month or French history or Irish history.... just teach it all, all of the time.

If anything we should have an Orc History Month, showing the pain and turmoil the Orcs have gone through.
    But aside from maybe Elementary level, History Months are rarely ever taught in schools because they aren't a part of the curriculum.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you're gonna dedicate a month to every migrant nation that helped form the US then you're going to need a bigger year.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    But aside from maybe Elementary level, History Months are rarely ever taught in schools because they aren't a part of the curriculum.
    In my school district growing up, every February was dedicated to teaching black history regardless of the level of education, all the way from kindergarten to senior year, nothing changed until college. There was never any other dedicated month, just black history month, which I feel should be gone and the history should be implemented throughout the year just like every other part of history.

Yes and it should be February.

If we can retire a President from the face of currency because it's "time for a change" then we can give another group of people their "fair share" of spotlighting.

Besides the amount of stretched facts, bent truths, and outright lies that kids are currently being told during ...February ...needs to be addressed and a new expansion pack always livens things up.
    Last edited by TrumpIsPresident; 2016-04-28 at 04:20 PM.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

Oh yes the white man is the victim in all of this.. preferential treatment? Are you serious?
    yep, its called affirmative action and racial preference...both of which actually DO discriminate against whites
    the left doesnt want equality, that would require competition. special treatment is more their speed

yep, its called affirmative action and racial preference...both of which actually DO discriminate against whites
    the left doesnt want equality, that would require competition. special treatment is more their speed
    Affirmative action was implemented because of discrimination in workplace hirings. It might have outlived its need, but it was needed when it was implemented. It wouldn't have been needed if the right wanted competition.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2016-04-29 at 01:12 AM.

Considering another qualified person who is something other than white and male (who are grossly over-represented) is discrimination against whites?

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    In my school district growing up, every February was dedicated to teaching black history regardless of the level of education, all the way from kindergarten to senior year, nothing changed until college. There was never any other dedicated month, just black history month, which I feel should be gone and the history should be implemented throughout the year just like every other part of history.
    Oh, in Prince Georges County, Maryland, we hardly ever learn a thinf about any heritage month. From elementary to high school.

Considering another qualified person who is something other than white and male (who are grossly over-represented) is discrimination against whites?
    hiring someone (less qualified or not) specifically because they arent white is pretty much the definition of discrimination, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If you're gonna dedicate a month to every migrant nation that helped form the US then you're going to need a bigger year.
    Well, it is the US... if there's one country that can supersize just about anything, it's them.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

hiring someone (less qualified or not) specifically because they arent white is pretty much the definition of discrimination, yes.
    Why are they less qualified? Because they're not white and male? Why is that your assumption why do word it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    No and we should cancel every other history month as well and actually teach AMERICAN history all year round which would include all of the above and more.
    What an insane concept.

I hate using identity as an argument, but as an actual German American (at least partially) I couldn't give less of a shit about specifically German American History. Wanting to teach your own people's history specifically because you think that its under represented is admitting that your history is too boring or unimportant for anyone else to give a shit about.