Page 54 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    The video really matters little in the end scheme of things...

Blizzard has once again said: "We've looked at it, and it is too time consuming, and too expensive to do." So, the answer is still no, and the legacy server community is once again frothing at the mouth because of what they offered as a compromise. It's over, you lost (at least for 3-5 more years until WoW is done.) Get over it and move on.

We won. Sanity has once again prevailed over nostalgia.
    Nothing was really "won" - it's not a battle, at least on the other side from the illegal server kids. The reality is - nothing has changed. They're still illegal, Blizzard will continue to shut them down, they have no plans on doing it themselves, and the best they can offer is "pristine" realms.

There's no "win", when nothing was accomplished.

The only reason I'm commenting is you just created another anthill that will generate a couple more threads of crying and sniveling over your choice of words. If that was your intent - it worked. If not...don't feed the trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Five years. When WoW is no longer in active development. Then there will be legacy servers.

So... They have all the old hardware (that the old code needs to run on) to make a server for EVERY expansion(Classic, TBC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, & WoD) and every realm type(Normal, PvP, RP, & RPPvP) and every region(NA, EU, CN, OC, KA, etc.) that will also integrate with current battle.net login servers and security (When the Nost team took YEARS to build it, and they had to use a core that had already been out for YEARS and develop that.)

Then they also have extra developers & support personnel to maintain that many active versions of the same game without negatively impacting the most important current version of the game...

Yup... Totally easy to do... /s off
    Wow will be in development for another 10 years. Maybe even 20. Even if only 1 million subs pay for wow it's worth them to develop new content. I'm saying legacy servers will be within the year. We'll see.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    They said before that "you think you do, but you don't." and they don't want to "move backward." they're about moving forward. But this was all before this shitstorm happened. And they've taken notice. So we'll see what happens. Like I told the other dude. We'll revisit this in a year. I know that's tough. But subdue all of your control freak impulses for a while. We'll see what they end up doing. Because right now, nobody is right. They'll do what they'll do. I think they'll announce it within the year. Others don't think they will. We'll see.
    I think I'll win the lottery tomorrow. I have no basis for this other than a hunch. But I really think I will. I guess we'll have to revisit this on Friday to see whether I do or not. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post

Are you saying they can do this for D2, surely a game that would sit in the same argument as D3 vs D2, but they can't do this with WoW? Are their staff so incompetent that they have selective skills for only certain products?
    People love to use Diablo but the game is completely different and has no sub cost to maintain it. And besides can players on Diablo 2 communicate with people on the BNet client? Because I'm sure this is one of their challenges that they want to push through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Nothing was really "won" - it's not a battle, at least on the other side from the illegal server kids. The reality is - nothing has changed. They're still illegal, Blizzard will continue to shut them down, they have no plans on doing it themselves, and the best they can offer is "pristine" realms.

There's no "win", when nothing was accomplished.

The only reason I'm commenting is you just created another anthill that will generate a couple more threads of crying and sniveling over your choice of words. If that was your intent - it worked. If not...don't feed the trolls.
    No, they didn't say "We won't do legacy servers.". They wouldn't be needing to talk to the nost guys in the upcoming weeks to do pristine servers.

"One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    I think I'll win the lottery tomorrow. I have no basis for this other than a hunch. But I really think I will. I guess we'll have to revisit this on Friday to see whether I do or not. We'll see.
    Or the fact Blizzard said themselves said they are talking to the Nost team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    And what does that mean? It can mean anything from just giving them jobs at Blizzard HQ on other projects to allowing the team to develop its own IP separate of WoW to avoid the obvious legal conflicts brought about by Nost. Your presumption of what that means is just as tangible as my hunch that I might win the fucking lottery.

10+ Year Old Account
    people don't want to have to wait a year. They want to be right now. And they want people who are opposed to them to know that they're right.

And you could use the same argument for the anti legacy people. They have a hunch that there won't be legacy servers. Blizzard did not say "We will not have legacy servers". So we'll see if you win the lottery on friday. It has zero impact on what is going on here. This is 50/50. If you had a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery, you would definitely have a hunch that you'd win.

- - - Updated - - -

And what does that mean? It can mean anything from just giving them jobs at Blizzard HQ on other projects to allowing the team to develop its own IP separate of WoW to avoid the obvious legal conflicts brought about by Nost. Your presumption of what that means is just as tangible as my hunch that I might win the fucking lottery.
    Your chances of winning the lottery are like 1 in a billion. Trying to use that as an argument is grasping at straws. Because you're taking it personal.

Blizz could be hiring them for something else. But they could also be using them for legacy servers. The chances are much, much higher of that than your lottery strawgrasp. But like I said, we'll see in one year.

Quote Originally Posted by Feyinh View Post
    As I've said on Reddit: This is absolutely stupid. No one should give a shit about Mark Kern.

A massive waste of paper, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokenuf View Post
    This is the guy who got kicked out from the very own company he started ? I'm totally going to take him srsly...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    and here is a post about why he got fired from red5 for being a big egoistic thoughtless and rather brutal.
    Fired.
    Mmm, all these Ad Hominem attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    Are you saying you don't trust Blizzard? Why do you even trying to argue?
    He was talking about how expensive it would be. I asked him how much it is to run a server monthly. What part were you unclear of?

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    people don't want to have to wait a year. They want to be right now. And they want people who are opposed to them to know that they're right.

And you could use the same argument for the anti legacy people. They have a hunch that there won't be legacy servers. Blizzard did not say "We will not have legacy servers". So we'll see if you win the lottery on friday. It has zero impact on what is going on here. This is 50/50. If you had a 50/50 chance of winning the lottery, you would definitely have a hunch that you'd win.

- - - Updated - - -

Your chances of winning the lottery are like 1 in a billion. Trying to use that as an argument is grasping at straws. Because you're taking it personal.

Blizz could be hiring them for something else. But they could also be using them for legacy servers. The chances are much, much higher of that than your lottery strawgrasp.
    I don't see how 1 in a billion is any different than 50/50 when you're talking about something which hasn't happened yet. Tomorrow we could get hit by an asteroid the size of Kentucky and go into a nuclear fallout. The chances are upwards of one in a quintilion, but it could still happen. And you know what, I'm a betting man so I'm going to go ahead and take that chance.

You heard it here first folks, the world is ending tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post

He didn't say no anywhere.
    It's so hard to reason with you if you don't want to accept what is infront of your eyes. Besides he also offers pristine servers as an alternative and you still can't let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how 1 in a billion is any different than 50/50 when you're talking about something which hasn't happened yet. Tomorrow we could get hit by an asteroid the size of Kentucky and go into a nuclear fallout. The chances are upwards of one in a quintilion, but it could still happen. And you know what, I'm a betting man so I'm going to go ahead and take that chance.

You heard it here first folks, the world is ending tomorrow.
    SO you're saying there is no difference between a 50/50 chance, and a 1 in a billion chance? YOu know that chances are always for something that hasn't happened or isn't known yet right? That's what makes it a chance. Keep graspin a straws dude.

Chance-a possibility of something happening.

Not saying it means, they want to use them to create legacy servers. But them talking to Blizzard isn't for nothing.
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Tons of fake paper stacks and another lone voice complaining about a Legacy server .. it got shut down, it's not a loss to anyone. It's sad seeing someone like this, humiliate himself this way. But his choice, I guess, right?

People talk but in the end, they all leave. I've had a dozen or so people "I went to that Legacy server, it's great!!" A week later, "It's boring, I quit. There's nothing to do."

Welcome to the reality of Vanilla WoW.

The game was god awful back then, the only purpose this server would do for you, is to remind you of that fact.

70% of class specs totally non-viable.
    Horrid raid mechanics.
    Barely any abilities.
    Rotations consisting of 2 buttons.

I played back then. I don't miss it ONE TINY BIT. And neither would you, once you tried it again. Just thank BLIZ for saving you from wasting your time on it. There'd be an open letter worth reading.

You know you want to play that ... right, no one does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    It's so hard to reason with you if you don't want to accept what is infront of your eyes. Besides he also offers pristine servers as an alternative and you still can't let it go.
    He didn't say that there would be pristine servers. Or that there will not be legacy servers. Quote where he said "There will be no legacy servers". Because if not, you're just making a presumption

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    Tons of fake paper stacks and another lone voice complaining about a Legacy server .. it got shut down, it's not a loss to anyone. It's sad seeing someone like this, humiliate himself this way. But his choice, I guess, right?

People talk but in the end, they all leave. I've had a dozen or so people "I went to that Legacy server, it's great!!" A week later, "It's boring, I quit. There's nothing to do."

Welcome to the reality of Vanilla WoW.

The game was god awful back then, the only purpose this server would do for you, is to remind you of that fact.

70% of class specs totally non-viable.
    Horrid raid mechanics.
    Barely any abilities.
    Rotations consisting of 2 buttons.

I played back then. I don't miss it ONE TINY BIT. And neither would you, once you tried it again. Just thank BLIZ for saving you from wasting your time on it. There'd be an open letter worth reading.

You know you want to play that ... right, no one does.
    Does it upset you that people want them? You just can't stand it? Everything you said is based on opinion. What server did you play on back then? Don't take too long.

I'm trying to illustrate to you how utterly preposterous and stupid it is to say that it's 50/50 when in reality there is no fucking tangible figure to predict what may or may not happen. This isn't about statistics, it's about whether or not something occurs. And what I'm saying is that me winning the lottery, as infinitesimally tiny a probability that may be, is just as likely to happen as Earth being struck by a fucking asteroid or whatever it is you're trying to predict might happen. Blizzard is the only entity who can say reasonably one way or another whether this will occur and it's borderline insanity that the pro-Legacy group has somehow interpreted a post which very clearly stated the reasons Legacy servers wouldn't happen are now clinging dear life onto the single open-ended sentence as proof that they're in the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Of course they are in talks with them. They are going thru legal issues. Did people forget that and just now believing that Nost team is going to be given a job? I mean, yeah, it could happen, but considering it's just as likely to go as "Why are you ripping us off?"
    "We really like Vanilla, we miss it, it was amazing!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Of course they are in talks with them. They are going thru legal issues. Did people forget that and just now believing that Nost team is going to be given a job? I mean, yeah, it could happen, but considering it's just as likely to go as "Why are you ripping us off?"
    Read my other post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to illustrate to you how utterly preposterous and stupid it is to say that it's 50/50 when in reality there is no fucking tangible figure to predict what may or may not happen. This isn't about statistics, it's about whether or not something occurs. And what I'm saying is that me winning the lottery, as infinitesimally tiny a probability that may be, is just as likely to happen as Earth being struck by a fucking asteroid or whatever it is you're trying to predict might happen. Blizzard is the only entity who can say reasonably one way or another whether this will occur and it's borderline insanity that the pro-Legacy group has somehow interpreted a post which very clearly stated the reasons Legacy servers wouldn't happen are now clinging dear life onto the single open-ended sentence as proof that they're in the right.
    First off, we aren't talking about things that have almost no chance of happening. Legacy servers have a very real chance of happening. You're trying to discount that by saying "U DON KNOW THAT!" and I never said that it has a 100% chance of happening. But it has a helluva lot better chance of happening than you winning the lottery. You're trying to tie 2 improbable things so you can feel like you've won. And you're grasping at straws. You NEED to feel right.

Now quote where it "clearly states" where there will be no legacy servers. And stop getting mad "Fuckin" this and "fuckin" that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Blizzard has no more legal issues with them. They told them to shut it down, they shut it down. There would be legal issues if they continued Nostalrius. But the Nost guys quickly complied. And they weren't doing it for money. We would know it if Blizzard were suing the Nost team.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2016-04-28 at 04:48 AM.