Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    As the proud owner of CM Gold in Mists, I'm totally fine with this.
    Same. Got mine legit (not bought) and don't care. Frankly, I think it's cool that I'll be able to get something similar to those sets for the classes I didn't have back then (though it's a shame the shaman one probably won't have the awesome shoulders).

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    well, wasnt these items in last nights patching?
    Currently looking on alpha (1 hour ago ish)

Hm odd, well then they haven't been properly implemented yet, which makes sense I suppose, since they aren't all done yet.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    How about... casuals? How about pulling your head out of your ass and stop trying to act like you're hot shit because you play a video game a lot?

While you're at it, you can stop flailing your fists and screaming "MY TOYS! MINE! NO ONE ELSE GETS TO PLAY WITH THEM, THEY'RE MINE!"
    Wow you're mad, need to calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Wow you're mad, need to calm down.
    Pot meet kettle....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuda View Post
    They look like really cheap knock-offs of the actual CM sets TBH, they don't have any of the particles, and the shoulders are massively dulled down. As someone who earned my gold CMs in MoP, I'm personally A-OK with them. It's also good for people like me that didn't get them for every class, since they still provide the same "feel", without the actual flash. A solid compromise imo.
    They are a very welcome addition to the xmog parts collection

Quote Originally Posted by Derpling View Post
    The DH set, at least, is already obtainable. You buy them with order hall resources, and each piece (except the helmet available from the start) requires you to do something to unlock it. Finish Suramar quests, collect 50,000 artifact power, finish parts of the order hall campaign, reach Honored with 3 factions, and kill the final boss of every dungeon on any difficulty. The resources are trivial to get, you can farm up a few thousand a day just doing world quests, and the armor pieces cost a thousand each.
    Thank you for posting this. Really awesome it requires a lot of varied content to unlock.

I have two cm sets unlocked (monk and lock) and I'm just fine with the recolors being available to everyone. Hell I dont think they even need to be toned down just one of the recolors they already made.

Deleted
    I got them back in very early mop and im not bothered,

just because people who wear exclusive stuff dont even use them anymore because its so common. CM gear is for alts who i haven't bothered farming transmog for lmao

The new shoulders change the look of the set completely.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    These new sets are to CM sets what Tier 7 is to Tier 3; a slightly-altered recolor that will never have the "prestige" that the original has...if that matters to you that much, and apparently it does to some people here.

Like others have pointed out, tons of people bought CM runs in MoP anyway so there goes the idea of you having the gear somehow making you better than others.

Loving the new paladin set. Didn't care for the CM set's blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    These new sets are to CM sets what Tier 7 is to Tier 3; a slightly-altered recolor that will never have the "prestige" that the original has...if that matters to you that much, and apparently it does to some people here.

Like others have pointed out, tons of people bought CM runs in MoP anyway so there goes the idea of you having the gear somehow making you look better than others.

Like has been stated only 10% got the sets and that's WITH gold carries. And gold carries don't help your point. Gold carries just mean casuals couldn't run the content themselves, they are like mythic carries now it mean absolutely nothing about difficulty. MoP cms were much more difficult at the start when there was not 20 gem sockets as well so it doesn't represent the people who did them early in the expansion with blue gear.

On the RP-side of it, these toned-down recolours are also handy because, if, for instance, you have an RP guild, the leader can wear the original CM set while the elite-ish underlings wear these versions. That's kinda cool.

Like has been stated only 10% got the sets and that's WITH gold carries.
    Are you just pulling numbers out of ur ass or do you got proof to back this up?

You really should stop giving a dam about what others have. You will enjoy the game more as soon as you do.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I did it on 6 toons in MoP and i have no problem with this, hell i made warrior in wod and it really bugged me that i couldnt get that set on it. They are different enough for people that care to notice difference.

Let me tell you guys the story behind this thread. Op spent a lot of gold getting his cm sets. Now that others can get it just as easily. For free. He is mad as march hare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like has been stated only 10% got the sets and that's WITH gold carries. And gold carries don't help your point. Gold carries just mean casuals couldn't run the content themselves, they are like mythic carries now it mean absolutely nothing about difficulty.
    Okay, and...?

These new sets still aren't the CM sets. Not only are they colored differently, they have been toned down. Compare the CM sets with these side by side and it's pretty obvious. If you have a CM set and you're proud of it then this should not affect you in any way, people looking at these new sets will know that they're not as rare or prestigious as the old ones. If only 10% have the old ones and tons of people have these new ones (which will happen, since they are going to be current content and reasonably accessible) then your old CM set will still be as "special" as it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Are you just pulling numbers out of ur ass or do you got proof to back this up?

You really should stop giving a dam about what others have. You will enjoy the game more as soon as you do.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Month-DLC-469

google is hard.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    From Blizzard's mouth:

"The reward items will still be available for purchase by those who qualified prior to the end of the season, but it will not be possible for new players to earn those rewards going forward."

Just saying

Like I said I want my gladiator titles since its okay now to have free shit for no work. and fuck exclusivity in an mmo we want every LFR nub to be walking around in recolored mythic gear because everyone has to be special with a ribbon around their neck.
    The items from the original CMs are still exclusive. The Models are different and the colours are different. You are still a special-ish snowflake. Why are you complaining still.

Ok and.....

This set of armor isn't that armor. Like I said unsub and show blizzard how mad you are.

Deleted
    I think after 10 more pages Synadrasa will realize these new sets are not the CM sets.