Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Yes.
    I have severe anxiety that comes and goes. The frustrating thing is that it is completely unrelated to outer stimuli and just random chemistry.

I already have one diagnose and have an ongoing investigation for a second one. Due to Internet stigma, I will refrain from disclosing which they are.
    The problems I have, however, are quite deep reaching in so far as that they have a massive effect of who I am as a person and how I feel and act toward my surroundings.
    I have periods where I appear to be a manipulative douche-bag playing my surroundings against each other and fear of allowing anyone to see the real me, resulting in alienating people I genuinely care about.
    And other times (where I am and have been for a fair few months), where I am just a complete wreck with anxiety, my abandonment issues arise, I stop functioning at all and lose the little social skills I have. The only bright side with these periods is that my creative side gets really augmented. Otherwise I just sit in a corner, rocking back and forth while being scared of everything.
    And other times again, I'm neuronorm-functional. Which makes me curious, sociable and wanting to talk with anyone under the sun and just want everyone to love one another.
    I don't have split personality disorders or similarly, I just have personality instability.
    It's really awful to be around me since I'm a total dick to people, but it's even worse to be inside it and seeing it all happen. I loathe the person that I am and can be.

And beyond that, I also have obsessive compulsive behaviours which manifests themselves in different ways.

I'm not on any kind of medication, but I wish there were some out there to just kill all emotion and make me your run-of-the-mill drone. Alas, as I am in contact with psychiatry now, I embrace whatever they will feel will be best for me (with a source critical mind of course), medical or therapeutical. I am not at the stage of treatment right now.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2016-04-15 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes.
    I have severe anxiety that comes and goes. The frustrating thing is that it is completely unrelated to outer stimuli and just random chemistry.
    /snip
    So like, you're gay. Nothing wrong with that. Walk strong.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    So like, you're gay. Nothing wrong with that. Walk strong.
    You keep away!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an issue with anxiety. It is a really awful condition. Mine is mostly mild but I imagine it must be terrible for those where it is more severe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by holyforce View Post
    GAD is a massive bitch, I take my stronger anti-anxiety meds 4 times a day and I may need a stronger one because like you said your body becomes acustome to them.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember the actress was the wife in GoodFellas.
    Doesn't it make you sleepy? The meds?

Deleted
    cymbalta was a god send for me. My anexity was related to being afraid of dying.

7+ Year Old Account
    The one medication I took for anxiety ended up being the only medication I found so far that I'm allergic to, Saphris I think it was called. However, my anxiety is actually just part of my manic phase (I have bi-polar disorder), so managing my bipolar symptoms manages the anxiety.

I've noticed that I need both medication and therapy in order to be productive, and neither one by themselves does much good. I've mainly done CBT/DBT and it works pretty well for me. Funny enough, I've found that going to bed at the same time every night, getting up in the morning at the same time, and sticking to a schedule works wonders for my mental fortitude. It's about knowing what makes you tick and supporting it.
    Mafia History

Mafia 2/2 | Town 6/9 | SK/Cult 1/2

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cannabis, along with proper exercise and diet is an outstanding anxiolytic. I think might be worth a try for some people before moving on to prescription drugs if they can see past the propaganda surrounding it. Some people can get severally addicted to anxiety meds like Xanax and SSRI's can be a complete crap shoot with severe side effects that can create more problems than it cures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    What is it with Americans and taking medication for made up shit?
    This is such an ignorant comment. Do you also believe depression and autism don't exist as well?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I have an issue with anxiety. It is a really awful condition. Mine is mostly mild but I imagine it must be terrible for those where it is more severe.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't it make you sleepy? The meds?
    For some reason I believe that you really do have anxiety issues, we can tell by your posting history..

The best translation I can give what I got is anticipation anxiety ( in dutch anticipatie angst ) fear of fear, something that is incredible hard to control and a real destructive feeling because I get it before realising it is starting. It gets especially hard when doing new things or actual things that you can get nervous about. On top of that PTSD and overly sensitive makes it hell. ( and on top of that Irritable bowl syndrome and Fibromyalgie ).

THing is I never toke anything for the fear, just my depression. I went to the shrink to learn how to deal with it, but ill never get rid of it, and meds wont help, unless I go completely dopey and I don't want that.