Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it was necessary for him to make a video if he can really communicate with Blizzard directly. They probably don't appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    What? So battle.net is your argument to why D2 works on modern day computers (they are even hiring someone for their other classic games now) yet they can't do that with WoW? Great straw grasping.
    I'm so confused, what does D2 that was released with battle.net support have to do with WoW Vanilla that was never released with battle.net support? I'm not straw grasping, they LITERALLY said they wouldd have difficulty in integrating old servers into the current game. I'm just going to stop since waving my point infront of your face repeatedly doesn't seem to register with you or you simply just don't want to accept it for whatever reason. So I'll just leave this here, and have a good day;

We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.

Honestly? Fuck Mark Kern.

He's only using this to attempt to stay relevant after the disaster that was Firefall. WoW succeeded in spite of him leaving Blizzard before the PvP patch in Vanilla. WoW's best times were ahead of the time Mark Kern was at Blizzard. Mark Kern has no idea what's been going through with WoW in the past 7-8 years, and it sounds desperate and bad for the Legacy Support Movement as a whole that you'd want a guy as thoughtless and inept, business wise, as your spokesperson.

I'm in favor of Legacy realms but not with this clown speaking for us.

Quote Originally Posted by cholobanger View Post
    I'm so confused, what does D2 that was released with battle.net support have to do with WoW Vanilla that was never released with battle.net support? I'm not straw grasping, they LITERALLY said they wouldd have difficulty in integrating old servers into the current game. I'm just going to stop since waving my point infront of your face repeatedly doesn't seem to register with you or you simply just don't want to accept it for whatever reason. So I'll just leave this here, and have a good day;

We explored options for developing classic servers and none could be executed without great difficulty. If we could push a button and all of this would be created, we would. However, there are tremendous operational challenges to integrating classic servers, not to mention the ongoing support of multiple live versions for every aspect of WoW.
    That doesn't mean they won't do it. Nice try.

Good to see a couple weeks later you still don't provide anything.
    I will provide more stuff when I see you provide anything at all other than you stating opinions and unsubstantiated assumptions and speculation as fact.

Isn't it about time you run home crying that the big boys keep making sense and you don't know how to respond anymore?
    Oh, look! Ad hominem attacks. Smooth. Keep at it, champ. Makes the pro-legacy crowd look so much more 'educated' with you there...

With all that said, I'll think about addressing you when you decide to act like an adult and actually provide evidence and sources to back up your claims. Until then, I'm done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I will provide more stuff when I see you provide anything at all other than you stating opinions and unsubstantiated assumptions and speculation as fact.

Oh, look! Ad hominem attacks. Smooth. Keep at it, champ. Makes the pro-legacy crowd look so much more 'educated' with you there...

With all that said, I'll think about addressing you when you decide to act like an adult and actually provide evidence and sources to back up your claims. Until then, I'm done with you.
    Lmao all you did was edit a quote then try to turn it around on me again to be the problem. GG keep up the good fight. You have had plenty of sources. Choosing to ignore them is your own fault. You went through thousands of pages already ignoring everyone. Giving you the exact same arguments now is obviously futile. Go back and read. Hope it isn't too hard.

Need to learn what an ad hominem is by the way. More so considering you implied exactly what I said. Can't attack someone by mentioning what you said. More so you didn't give point to refute to begin with other than "stop responding to this guy he proved me wrong and I couldn't say anything back so either can you".

It's also called being a hypocrite when you do exactly what you are ridiculing someone for doing. In the same post none-the-less.
    Last edited by Eliseus; 2016-04-28 at 04:54 PM.

Lmao all you did was edit a quote then try to turn it around on me again to be the problem. GG keep up the good fight. You have had plenty of sources. Choosing to ignore them is your own fault. You went through thousands of pages already ignoring everyone. Giving you the exact same arguments now is obviously futile. Go back and read. Hope it isn't too hard.

Need to learn what an ad hominem is by the way. More so considering you implied exactly what I said. Can't attack someone by mentioning what you said. More so you didn't give point to refute to begin with other than "stop responding to this guy he proved me wrong and I couldn't say anything back so either can you".

It's also called being a hypocrite when you do exactly what you are ridiculing someone for doing. In the same post none-the-less.
    Just going to add: stating opinions as fact and posting that there have been sources for your point that are nothing more than the same opinion based statements are not in fact sources that support your arguement. They are just like-minded people that say the same things as you. Please, when you have credible sources and data then post those, but don't get upset when you have an idea shot down by a factual statement. This applies to both sides. If you want to chime in and add an opinion, that's fine, but don't get upset because an opinion you have is shot down because someone actually disproves or shows how it won't work or doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just going to add: stating opinions as fact and posting that there have been sources for your point that are nothing more than the same opinion based statements are not in fact sources that support your arguement. They are just like-minded people that say the same things as you. Please, when you have credible sources and data then post those, but don't get upset when you have an idea shot down by a factual statement. This applies to both sides. If you want to chime in and add an opinion, that's fine, but don't get upset because an opinion you have is shot down because someone actually disproves or shows how it won't work or doesn't add up.
    I thought you were done responding to me several times now?

Too bad MMO champ are too big of pansies to post anything to do with legacy servers on the front page.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumar View Post
    Too bad MMO champ are too big of pansies to post anything to do with legacy servers on the front page.
    like what... they posted about the closing of nost and the response from blizz.. the petiton is all over the forum.... what do you want, soda poppin vid and mark kern vid witch are both full of crap on the front page, no thank you, we dont need bias crap on front page.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Company can sell A 5 million times and makes 20x on each sale

Company can sell B 200 thousand times and makes 5x on each sale.

And you're saying they won't try to sell B because (1 million x) isn't as much as (100 million x). I don't know that is a reason to not sell B. Especially if the number of A you can sell is dropping each month. But fair enough, its a reason to put more resources into selling more A (although wouldn't that mean you aren't making 20x on each sell anymore).

At some point it will be finiancially viable to sell B. In the mean time theres a plethory of pirate servers happy to GIVE you B.
    Exactly. B is a risk-ridden business venture. Who wants to invest resources into restoring a product with no long-term financial gain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Exactly. B is a risk-ridden business venture. Who wants to invest resources into restoring a product with no long-term financial gain?
    Well quite. See the last line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

That doesn't mean they won't do it. Nice try.
    Actually, yes it does. It means exactly that, which is why their alternative is pristine realms.

It's one thing to be ignorant, but you're just being aggressively and intentionally obtuse here, because of your ego and your inability to admit you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Actually, yes it does. It means exactly that, which is why their alternative is pristine realms.

It's one thing to be ignorant, but you're just being aggressively and intentionally obtuse here, because of your ego and your inability to admit you're wrong.
    Yeah, twisting words to fit your agenda is my problem. Let's all just put all the words we want into Blizzards mouth. I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    For those who don't know, here's the Wikipedia link to Mark Kern - a lot of good things before leaving Blizzard.
    And a lot of bad things at Red5

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    And a lot of bad things at Red5
    From my understanding he was taking too many risks - something a lot of enterprises are guilty of not doing (Just think about any serie of game that have been stagnant... a few pop to mind). This made the board of directors uneasy and they decided to kick him out. Ironically, Firefall population was healthy until they kicked him, at which point it dropped considerably until it died its inglorious death.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Yeah, twisting words to fit your agenda is my problem. Let's all just put all the words we want into Blizzards mouth. I agree.
    Is semantical games all you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Is semantical games all you have?
    Isn't that why you are here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    From my understanding he was taking too many risks - something a lot of enterprises are guilty of not doing (Just think about any serie of game that have been stagnant... a few pop to mind). This made the board of directors uneasy and they decided to kick him out. Ironically, Firefall population was healthy until they kicked him, at which point it dropped considerably until it died its inglorious death.
    By all accounts inside the company, he ran it into the ground.

Good post from an ex- Red5 employee. I have come across a few others on various gaming forums, they have all said the same thing about him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...s_ceo_by_red_5

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    That was awesome. Thank you, Mark Kern for helping to create Vanilla WoW.

Hope Blizzard listens.
    Mark Kern, who got fired from red5 for being incompetent.

I would imagine blizzard replying to him:

Blizzard: "Mark, you think you do, but you don't"

Why should listen to a man who has bad reputation? Blizzard doesnt really have to listen to him.

But granted, Mark has valid points, but he still did many bad things.