Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Of course it's not *pats your head* you are totally right. People who advocate for Legacy Servers are literally ISIS.
    Nowhere in my statement did I say the word literally. I said they were like ISIS. A fanatical cult that takes extreme measures to get what they want. And they are definitely like that.

*pats your head* Sit down, son. You need to take a step back from your addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilananazz View Post
    your "point" is as one-sided and opinion based as donald trumps presidential campaign. That's a perfect description, mate.
    Hint: everything in this thread is an opinion cept the fact that 1, a private server got shut down and 2, blizzard is unwilling to go against their design philosophy and open a nostalgia realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I play new games and old games.
    But WoW isn't an old game. It's a game that has been changing for 12 years. If I want to play an old game, I play an old game. WoW is still live and changing. Don't like the current WoW? Cool. Don't play it.
    But crying about something that has changed isn't a good look, for anyone.
    This is so contradictory that it's almost funny.

Hint: everything in this thread is an opinion cept the fact that 1, a private server got shut down and 2, blizzard is unwilling to go against their design philosophy and open a nostalgia realm.
    so because of that your "point" (opinion) is valid?
    Last edited by mmoc95b0357cfe; 2016-04-29 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Nowhere in my statement did I say the word literally. I said they were like ISIS. A fanatical cult that takes extreme measures to get what they want. And they are definitely like that.

*pats your head* Sit down, son. You need to take a step back from your addiction.
    It's okay, they are even worse than Hitler too. I know.

I play new games and old games.
    But WoW isn't an old game. It's a game that has been changing for 12 years. If I want to play an old game, I play an old game. WoW is still live and changing. Don't like the current WoW? Cool. Don't play it.
    But crying about something that has changed isn't a good look, for anyone.
    Just because it has the same name doesn't mean it's the same game.

Blink 182 just came out with a single without the main guitarist/singer, which sounds exactly like the bassists spinoff band. Just because they're using the name Blink 182 doesn't mean it is Blink 182.

Just because The Force Awakens has Star Wars in front of it and Star Wars skins doesn't mean it's Star Wars.

Real WoW died with the Lich King.

People who say they play vanilla servers because they enjoy the challenge are just plain liars. Vanilla was a lot less challenging than WoD is. The raiding, which is the be all and end all of WoW (stop lying to yourself. It is), is exactly 17.3 times harder on normal in WoD than it is in Vanilla. We all know this is true. The raiding in Vanilla is probably on the same level of LFR in WoD when it comes to mechanics. The rest of Vanilla is just a bunch of grinding. Grind that trade chat to get a group. Grind those mobs to be able to ride your mount at the correct speed. Going to raid and you are in a shit guild which 99.4% of people were? Grind those mats for 15 hours a week. GRINDING SHIT IS NOT COMPELLING GAMEPLAY AND IT ISN'T A CHALLENGE. It is just grinding.

The two reasons people play vanilla servers are:
    1. The game just got too hard for them. Raids with 40 people were very easy to hide the bads. Vanilla had the easiest raids with the best way to hide the shitload of bads who did the raids. When they moved to 25 man in BC there was a massive outcry because "25 people is just not epic enough". In reality it was just because the bads were too scared that they were going to be exposed in the smaller raids. As the expansions rolled out, the raids got more complicated and the bads just got fed up with being called out as shit and left the game.

2. People are thieving bastards and they do not want to pay for a WoW account. We all know this is true because the biggest thieving server got shut down because the majority of its 1-2 million players (as quoted by an internet star in a video, hahahahaha. The server's own figures stated 80K.) were too cheap to donate to the server to keep it running. Some people say it was Blizzard who shut them down yet thousands of players said that Blizzard had no right. If Blizzard had no right as a lot of you thieves have claimed then why did this server shut down? It is because, even though most of you claimed you would pay for a vanilla server, no one paid for a vanilla server and the people running the server took what was left and ran.

TL;DR
    People who "like" vanilla are
    Thieves
    Liars
    Shit at the game
    Do not know what "good" or compelling means
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Just because it has the same name doesn't mean it's the same game.

Blink 182 just came out with a single without the main guitarist/singer, which sounds exactly like the bassists spinoff band. Just because they're using the name Blink 182 doesn't mean it is Blink 182.
    But it's the same game, made and maintained by the same company, featuring the same characters.
    Just because you don't like it doesn't change that it's the same game.

It's not a ridiculous comparison.

Demanding a company spend years re-developing an ever-evolving game into a previous de-evolutionary, dilapidated state is ridiculous. And it's common knowledge how bad the legacy server/Classic/TBC community is. It's spread all over the internet.
    Your opinion. You're also insane.
    We don't want to destroy modern WoW we want to play that too.

They are not mutually exclusive games.

Are the Nost boys fanatical? Perhaps a lil, that's because once you try out vanilla, you don't want to go back lol. Hard to find an accurate description but it's like watching the original Matrix movie or watching the crappy Matrix Revolutions movie instead. Despite being a few years older, it's still light years better.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Your opinion. You're also insane.
    We don't want to destroy modern WoW we want to play that too.

They are not mutually exclusive games.
    I mean, they are literally the same game and blizzard wants to tell their story, so yea they are kinda exclusive to the people who matter.

its a legal nightmare from what i read XD

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Vanilla was a lot less challenging than WoD is.
    HAHAHAHHAA im dying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Psychology explain a lot on dynamics on the internet. Which is subsequently why I wish mods would give us a controlled thread to give feedback. I understand the forum is an open place, but here it's not opinions, it's pure negativity. We haven't advanced, we haven't iterated on Pristine at all, because we're still stuck with a group of people who don't care at all and make sure you know it.
    yeh the more "arguments" I see, the more i believe that article. Basically a lot of people that are omniscient about how vanilla players are and think. They know it all, don't they.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Are the Nost boys fanatical? Perhaps a lil, that's because once you try out vanilla, you don't want to go back lol. Hard to find an accurate description but it's like watching the original Matrix movie or watching the crappy Matrix Revolutions movie instead. Despite being a few years older, it's still light years better.
    opinion.

WoW has gotten better from a gameplay perspective every expansion (opinion)
    Every class/spec is now raid viable (fact)
    Encounters are better designed and tuned (fact)

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You do realize you sound utterly insane and hysterical right?
    They never do.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    People who "like" vanilla are
    Thieves
    Liars
    Shit at the game
    Do not know what "good" or compelling means
    So your opinion is fact but when they state their opinion, they are liars because you said so? especially since you are stating so many great facts in your post, like that the offical numbers were 80k or why they shut down, both without any proof.

Yeah no. Dial down the hype. That is a poor comparison. Try a little harder.

Played Classic 10 years ago, played Classic less than a week ago. Community was still as bad as I remember.

Prefer the game Wrath-MoP (Wod was disappointing) to now.

The most accurate description I could give would be that the Classic Wow fan boys are like the Amish. Refuse to join the rest of the civilized world and remain in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    HAHAHAHHAA im dying
    It was, though.

What was challenging in vanilla? What was the most challenging thing you've done in vanilla? Level? Oh, get 39 people together to do molten snore. That was probably it.

I mean, they are literally the same game and blizzard wants to tell their story, so yea they are kinda exclusive to the people who matter.
    This doesn't even make any sense. They are literally the same game in that one is patch 1.12.1 and once is patch 6.2 but they are not mutually exclusive because the difference in the game between the 2 is monumental.

It's really only the story that ties them together.

"kinda exclusive to the people who matter"
    What were you trying to say here because this doesnt make sense. Something is mutually exclusive or it is not.