Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    This in your world equates to "He admitted making shit up"?
    What the fuck is wrong with you. Go back to school?
    I call it an admission, and you can keep pretending otherwise.

This is my final response to you as well. I'm done playing your game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    You're wrong, you're wrong and that's my last word to you on the subject.

You can continue all you want, and believe whatever you want , but I won't respond again.
    why do i feel like we're back in elementary school?
    "nanananana you wrong and a poopyhead"
    "yeah well your double wrong and a stinky uglyface"
    oh well your triple wrong and a smelly fartface"
    seriously this is the mental level of your guys arguments.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    You're wrong, you're wrong and that's my last word to you on the subject.

You can continue all you want, and believe whatever you want , but I won't respond again.
    My aren't you generous? But how will you continue to speak for everyone if you grant me this boon?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    I call it an admission, and you can keep pretending otherwise.

This is my final response to you as well. I'm done playing your game.
    An insult to common sense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup... I mean the US elections now are basically just... well... corruption.

- - - Updated - - -

People could argue that happens everywhere but... Not THIS openly

I would just say "can you guys atleast try to be subtle about it" not even brussels is this open with its lobbying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Oh, it's all right. I'm sure that we can handle this situation maturely, just like the responsible adults that we are. Isn't that right, Mr... Poopy Pants?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    Don't really like sinking to that level, but It's the only way to respond to intentional games.

Oh, and it's my last response to you on this matter as well.

Anyone else?
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-04-29 at 01:38 AM.

If the US went back to being isolationist after WWII, Europe would be in the Soviet Union and they could never leave. Maybe Britain would remain free but that's it.

All we'd have to trade with is Japan and maybe Britain.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If the US went back to being isolationist after WWII, Europe would be in the Soviet Union and they could never leave. Maybe Britain would remain free but that's it.

All we'd have to trade with is Japan and maybe Britain.
    Yes, probably, and if we had just stayed out of WWII, they'd probably all be nazis!

Deleted
    You say that as if it would be a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    There can be 100 political parties. When their elections are funded by lobbies, theres not much you can do about it.
    Without getting into the specific but private funding needs to be removed, and companies not allowed to achieve that much power and political influence.
    Free market isnt that free anymore when 5 corporations own everything. It can be done.
    But when 100 political parties serve the interests of different lobbies, due to the nature of competition, they all have to compromise and find solutions that work for everyone. At least, such blatant usurpation of power by a few large groups of people will be impossible.

But yes, I agree that removal of private funding would solve many problems. The question is how to remove it without restricting other kinds of funding that are healthy for the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    But when 100 political parties serve the interests of different lobbies, due to the nature of competition, they all have to compromise and find solutions that work for everyone. At least, such blatant usurpation of power by a few large groups of people will be impossible.

But yes, I agree that removal of private funding would solve many problems. The question is how to remove it without restricting other kinds of funding that are healthy for the economy.
    The problem is, there arent 100 lobbies
    It would be the same people all over again. 100 people doing the same thing. And the ones that arent are left out of funding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with policing the world, not for any country.
    It becomes a problem if a country stops being the police and starts being "judge, jury and executioner".

Imagine if your own police force would start apprehending citizens just to take their money.
    Or if the police suddenly decides who the criminals are and starts shooting them.
    see exhibit A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kEpZWGgJks

on topic: Drumpf is the last thing world peace and prosperity needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    The problem is the world is at this point much to interconnected for a nation as large and dynamic as the United States to try and shut down internationally. It would hurt us a lot more than it would help.
    Absolute malarky. The US does so much good around the world and never gets any credit. The US also fucks up a lot of shit by getting involved when they shouldn't. Lets pull it back, worry about ourselves alot more and make this country great. Want our help? Earn it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's a nonsense argument that ignores what words mean.

This is the most desperate attempt to convince people Trump is a good idea ever. "Hey, you agree with one thing he says. Forget about the other 800 things that make him a terrible human, you should support him!"

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    This is the most desperate attempt to convince people Trump is a good idea ever. "Hey, you agree with one thing he says. Forget about the other 800 things that make him a terrible human, you should support him!"
    Same could be said of Hillary so its a wash on likeability.
    I feel bad for all those 'protesters' at the Trump rally, it's like the real life equivalent of making a 40 man raid in WoW and not having the boss spawn, thereby denying them a chance at looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    Same could be said of Hillary so its a wash on likeability.
    Nobody is making a thread saying one thing she says and claiming the rest of the world should love her due to that one single sentence. I'm not speaking about any other candidate. I'm saying that this thread shows a desperate attempt and making people like him for a reason that makes no sense.

Absolute malarky. The US does so much good around the world and never gets any credit. The US also fucks up a lot of shit by getting involved when they shouldn't. Lets pull it back, worry about ourselves alot more and make this country great. Want our help? Earn it.
    That's nonsense. We don't need the "credit." Like what the hell is this? We need to be fetid with praise an dlove? We get the reward every single day by having acccess to almost every region in the globe and a privileged position in global governance that is actually the envy of our rivals and our friends.

The International System we live in is one the US largely built. You want to pull back? China will rewrite the rules. And they really, really want to. They want that more than anything in the world

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup because as we all know the US economy is not dependent on International trade (5 Trillion in imports and exports last year alone). And we know we can just turn that off and nothing will happen because we will make America great. By the way when did America stop being great?
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    That's nonsense. We don't need the "credit." Like what the hell is this? We need to be fetid with praise an dlove? We get the reward every single day by having acccess to almost every region in the globe and a privileged position in global governance that is actually the envy of our rivals and our friends.

The International System we live in is one the US largely built. You want to pull back? China will rewrite the rules. And they really, really want to. They want that more than anything in the world
    Granted we cant say fuck China because they hold all our debt. We need to stop alot of the humanitarian bullshit we do, especially in the gigantic hole of corruption that is Africa.. The Obama admin wants the world to like us. Too much of Obama's policy has been about appeasement and where he sees kindnesses others see and take advantage of weakness ie Iran.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yup because as we all know the US economy is not dependent on International trade (5 Trillion in imports and exports last year alone). And we know we can just turn that off and nothing will happen because we will make America great. By the way when did America stop being great?
    Since Obama painted us as a bunch of appeasement pussies on the world stage. Since he racked the middle class.