Yeah, sorry about that, I haven't played since November so I forgot the details.

Edit: now I know why I thoguht the glyph made it instant, I was thinking of of lockpicking glyph.
    Last edited by Skayaq; 2016-04-22 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorentz View Post
    They think spec is fine != They ignore feedback
    If they think the spec is fine, they will ignore the feedback advocating for a change. Guess what, most of the feedback in Assassination thread are suggesting changes and nothing is happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    If they think the spec is fine, they will ignore the feedback advocating for a change. Guess what, most of the feedback in Assassination thread are suggesting changes and nothing is happening.
    Why do you assume that feedback has to automatically convert into changes? And again if they disagree doesn't mean they ignore. How your even could come up with such nonsense is beyond me.

Why do you assume that feedback has to automatically convert into changes? And again if they disagree doesn't mean they ignore. How your even could come up with such nonsense is beyond me.
    It is indeed beyond your capabilities to understand what is being said here. I am not gonna bother explaining again, just move along. And mate, you may need some lectures on logical connectives and sequent calculi in general.

im reminded of a post from a number of years ago in response to an issue i have with Assassination spec.

"And if you where to have 2 daggers on your back i'm pretty sure you'd look rather retarded"

hrm, now why is that suddenly relevant.
    makes me wonder how something that was one of the first things applied to the weapons ever got out of testing, daggers are not back-sheathe weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Phazeblade View Post
    im reminded of a post from a number of years ago in response to an issue i have with Assassination spec.

"And if you where to have 2 daggers on your back i'm pretty sure you'd look rather retarded"

hrm, now why is that suddenly relevant.
    makes me wonder how something that was one of the first things applied to the weapons ever got out of testing, daggers are not back-sheathe weapons.
    Personally i hate it... there seems to be some who like it... the question is why this is not something optional for all 1-hand weapons.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Personally i hate it... there seems to be some who like it... the question is why this is not something optional for all 1-hand weapons.
    I personally adore it but I feel you as well. Wish there was an option to seat it back or sides.

I personally adore it but I feel you as well. Wish there was an option to seat it back or sides.
    while i agree that it would be nice to have an option for weapon sheathing, i still question whoever thought it was a good idea for anguish/sorrow to be stored on the back, having looked at all the races on wowhead, im pretty sure when they were testing the weapons, it was with a human model, no way they wouldve let undead male get thru with hovering weapons...

Is it intended that Agonizing Poison doesn't interact with Deadly Brew, Mind Numbing or System Shock at all [PvP Talents]?

Agonizing Poison should work with Deadly Brew, Mind-numbing Poison, and System Shock. If it doesn't now, that's a bug we'll fix.
    answer from celeshiton

10+ Year Old Account
    prob a bad place to ask but i didnt want to make a seperate thread, but does anyone have videos or vods of a rogue PoV of the raid testing yesterday?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Look, i'm not happy with how they are treating rogues or the overall direction the class has taken, but just because they are silent (and that is a bad thing Blizzard!) doesn't mean that they ignore feedback.

I'm sure this is not like they had a meeting last week about what they should change and a guy just said: hey, let's revert the poison cast time!. It's more likely to be just a consequence of something else while they are still working on other stuff.

I guess i'm feeling optimistic today, maybe tomorrow i'm all about making voodoo to Celestalon.
    the problem is this is always a problem in every single expansion for rogues. blizzard makes changes, ignores rogues completely and ignores the feedback rogues provide, and the class goes live in a bad state. this has happened every expansion since the end of bc/start of wrath. i'm tired of that trend.

- - - Updated - - -

They think spec is fine != They ignore feedback
    if the past is any indication, that is exactly what it means. feedback was ignored in every beta since the end of bc and rogues were busted every single time in one shape or form.

- - - Updated - - -

it is hilarious watching all these people say that blizzard ignoring (apparent or otherwise) feedback doesn't mean that blizzard thinks everything is fine and is okay with rogues right now. are they all new to the game? did they ignore whats happened in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    it is hilarious watching all these people say that blizzard ignoring (apparent or otherwise) feedback doesn't mean that blizzard thinks everything is fine and is okay with rogues right now. are they all new to the game? did they ignore whats happened in the past?
    I think people are simply not able to comprehend the situation here.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think people are simply not able to comprehend the situation here.
    well i think its simple. in the past when they have ignored rogues, that meant they were done making changes. that meant rogues went live as is. that meant rogues wen't live broken.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofHarts View Post
    well i think its simple. in the past when they have ignored rogues, that meant they were done making changes. that meant rogues went live as is. that meant rogues wen't live broken.
    3 builds, same feedback, no change so far. I mean, they either think feedback being given, concerns being risen are not valid OR the spec is fine and complete, which kinda implies first part. Feedback being given for a complete and fine spec can not be valid. This is simple logic and deduction. I personally think they are done with Assassination. Let's hope they at least give us gauge and blind back...
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-04-26 at 10:23 PM.

Spec is actually decent to play would be nice if they removed the GCD from vendetta and or kingsbane would be a nice QOL change

Deleted
    okay, for me it is now official, they think rogue is fine, 4th Build and only thing they did was remove symbol from gcd and 2 artifact changes.

I just don't get what they are doing:

"Oh look there is a ton of feedback for rogues to change things, they even give good examples ... nah the one rogue guy said it was fun, so lets just keep it as it is, rather go make new Paladin Talents."

Same shit, new expect

Don't have the alpha myself, but just wondering, what are the actual issues with Assassination at the moment?

Does Agonizing Poison work with Master Poisoner - specifically the part about "non-damaging effects increase of 20%"? If not, it ought to for the whole, ya know, poison build thing. Obviously in addition to Kingsbane needing to work with Agonizing Poison as well.....
    Last edited by Jaronicity; 2016-04-28 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retheran View Post
    Don't have the alpha myself, but just wondering, what are the actual issues with Assassination at the moment?
    Assassination is more QoL and bug-fix type stuff, the basic rotation is mostly OK imo.

Issues off the top of my head (tl:dr version):

- Vendetta - still on GCD, shitty interaction with our Dots and how we do damage (needs to be redesigned)
    - Good news: best talent tree and artifact of all 3 rogue specs. Bad news: it's still fucking SHIT (this issue is worse for Subtlety and Outlaw but it's still an issue)
    - Death from Above is still making us lose control of character (needs to be changed so we remain in control)
    - Stealth talent row is garbage when stealth doesn't even play any role in the spec anymore (needs to be redesigned)
    - Agonizing Poison is obviously broken - doesn't work with half of our poison-related mechanics (needs to be redesigned / finished)
    - Assassination is the "Master of Poisons" archetype, yet our Poisons feel very weak and we have almost no ways to improve them or utilize them besides clicking a button once every hour (archetype / class fantasy fails to deliver because of poor implementation)
    - Bleed-effects are actually more prominent than Poisons now, again taking away from the "Master of Poisons" feel (can be fixed with tuning)

Ok, I may have lied about the tl:dr part but these are my main issues with the spec from a PvE standpoint.