Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    That is as boring, worse even. Why do they even exist if they were in dungeons
    Because the bosses sit in dungeons. You know, not just that soldier we kill over and over in a grind quest, but the High Lord of the candle emporium himself.. which yields a large step towards exalted with the kobold clan..

Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Assuming you're sarcastic, if you can't be fucked doing some pretty simple requirements for flying; then don't do it?

Fortunately, this game hasn't yet gone 100% casual mode. But fuck me is it getting close - especially if people are sooking about this kind of stuff.
    Yea bc and wrath were full casual mode you know where you only had to hit max lvl and spend gold. But overall it's not even about the requirements it's about the arbitrarily holding off flying even after you do them just because.

After 8 years of flying at max lvl for gold and they magically decide to make it where you can only fly in the last patch of exp's after you've burned out on all content making it near pointless and they're doing because they wanted to delete flying all together. What a shit show.
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-04-29 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornerybear View Post
    it really doesn't look that bad...rep grind will be the only thing and we dont know how bad those will be.
    We know they are quest based, not grinding mobs, and the quests are out in zones, not dailies (or at least not ONLY dailies). They don't look bad at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    Remember it's just first step. With first content patch you will get second step. Then third... Just like legendary chain now. You will get flying just 2-3 months prior to preexpansion patch. Mark my words.
    He said that this first step will "[...] represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight ". So expect the second step to be more light. I don't believe there will be a third step. What kind of relevant reward could they give at the end of second step considering they will give faster ground speed at the end of the first?

Quote Originally Posted by Baine View Post
    He said that this first step will "[...] represent a significant majority of the total effort required to ultimately unlock flight ". So expect the second step to be more light. I don't believe there will be a third step. What kind of relevant reward could they give at the end of second step considering they will give faster ground speed at the end of the first?
    1st 55%
    2nd 30%
    3rd 10%
    4th 5%

First one is still the majority with it going all the way out to the last patch. People didn't see them saying "no flying ever again" or flying taking until the last patch you can see a clear pattern so just because you can't see a second "reward" doesn't mean they won't make something up to drag it out.

By doing it this way they are "giving in to flying" but not really. By delaying it to the last patch and putting it behind content they've forced you to stay subbed and do their content and you get flying with nothing left to do. With them wanting to delete flying from the game and how wod went that's the most likely strat.

And with how they worded their response it gives them the opening to do "maybe this patch maybe that patch" when all along the plan is the last patch.

Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Just another way to gate their content so it lasts longer simply through the attrition of taking time to travel. I will still plvl to 110, I wont bother exploring crap and i will just use a guide to get the flying achi when it comes out. The exact same as draenor flying.

Not flying doesnt foster world pvp. The only world pvp is ganking someone at 10% hp and then running away when its actually a fair fight
    Well if they didn't pace out flying everyone would just fly to the world quests, do them, and fly back, then complain that the world is too small and has nothing to do.

also that sounds like the very definition of world pvp to me.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    Well if they didn't pace out flying everyone would just fly to the world quests, do them, and fly back, then complain that the world is too small and has nothing to do.
    Given the best way people on beta are doing them is go to one hearth to dal fp to the next. All this is a slower version of of flying with more afking makes the game so much better....
    Last edited by Wow; 2016-04-29 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    doesn't equipping stronger items help you consume content faster? isn't it a reward the same as flight is?
    Definitely not the same...
    Without strong gear you are literally incapable of clearing most of raid content - regardless of your skill level.

Flying is just convenience, especially since blizzard no longer makes "flying only" quests.
    People want flying mostly because they are too lazy to walk and hassle with ground terrain and mobs (aka the WORLD of warcraft).

You can't compare a core mechanic such as gear looting/equipping with some convenience fluff such as flying.

What does it matter how steep any of it looks when you aren't going to be able to fly anytime soon anyway? Just play the game and by the time you get anywhere near the last steps to flying you will have most of it done already. I don't get why this is a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Definitely not the same...
    Without strong gear you are literally incapable of clearing most of raid content - regardless of your skill level.

Flying is just convenience, especially since blizzard no longer makes "flying only" quests.
    People want flying mostly because they are too lazy to walk and hassle with ground terrain and mobs (aka the WORLD of warcraft).

You can't compare a core mechanic such as gear looting/equipping with some convenience fluff such as flying.
    slow travel is just a gate. when you develop less content you need to find ways to slow consumption.

wod had no flight and it was the emptiest version of the game to date.

Flying is skipping content, regardless of amount.

When you fly you literally skip all ground content.

Deleted
    Which just would not happen if the ground content was worth to be played.

Why should people fly, when there is nothing in the air, but great content waiting on the ground?

It's surely different, if dull content waits on the ground. Why should i kill a gazillion of mobs, if it would not be rewarding, or if no story was told?

At the end, removing flying allows blizzard to add bad content to the world. And everytime they promote removing flying means they want to be lazy.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-29 at 08:26 PM.

Then blizzard should start making worthwhile content on the ground.

Flying over the entire WORLD of warcraft is just unacceptable...

Blizzard should make the WORLD good, not let us all just ignore everything and play instances 24/7.

Then blizzard should start making worthwhile content on the ground.

Flying over the entire WORLD of warcraft is just unacceptable...

Blizzard should make the WORLD good, not let us all just ignore everything and play instances 24/7.
    That takes effort and wod shows us how they feel about putting effort into warcraft.

Deleted
    Right, and not remove flying.

This is a false assumption.....or rather, it implies something which is not true: That a player who has a flying mount WILL skip ALL the content.

It's actually far more likely that a person on a flying mount would just bounce from objective to objective when flying is enabled(which it often isn't, such as when you're inside a cave or building). The only parts being skipped are the inconsequential aspects of travel, and the rare case where a specific encounter is meant to be approached in a very specific way(guards before boss example).

While I don't mind people making a case for more engaging ground content, I'm getting pretty fed up with the implication that flying ruins everything. The only thing it has the POTENTIAL to ruin is Blizzard's very narrow interpretation of how the content should be played, even if some players that have no interest in it that view.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-04-29 at 11:16 PM.

Indeed. And while they are wasting time on attempting to fix something that was never a problem to begin with they are ignoring that we still can't fly in Silvermoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    You are proberly gonna get most of the achievement points by just lvling up your main character So it seems like a decent size pathfinder gate, which might even get people to do some daily quests with
    If the reps (per the tweets I've seen from Blizzard) can be had just by doing the leveling quests (give or take), why not simply put in "Loremaster of Legion"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    If the reps (per the tweets I've seen from Blizzard) can be had just by doing the leveling quests (give or take), why not simply put in "Loremaster of Legion"?
    Because they proberly want you to seek out and do some of the new dailies. You are proberly gonna need to do a weeks worth of dailies to hit the revered, but it is not a hard task to complete If they had just put it into the Loremaster of Legion, then people would maybe have missed the daily areas.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account

Fun fact! I do that on the ground as well!