Page 1 of 2
LastLast

And it begins...Zika related death in North America

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so puerto rico. Not exactly the panic type thread your title inspires

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
    It's pretty rare for Zika to kill you outright as an adult. The babies born on the other than, that's cause for concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monkmastaeq View Post
    Ok so puerto rico. Not exactly the panic type thread your title inspires
    I agree...thought he meant in the US or Canada. The guy was 70...older weaker immune system couldn't have helped.

Incoming Ebola levels of scare and comedy.

Not scared of a disease that has been around for 50 years just because the media told me so

15+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, the man was 70 years old. A 70 year old can die to a flu too.

Zika is not really dangerous unless you're old or a baby, people are making too much fuss about it.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

A 70-year-old man infected with the mosquito-borne virus died in February, Puerto Rico's health secretary said.

So only one case of a death since Feb? And it is almost May now? Oh god. Better run for Vault 111!!!!!!

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/fatalities.shtml

Deleted
    Is it already time for the yearly flu scare?

Who needs ads when people find things to terrify themselves with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Incoming Ebola levels of scare and comedy.
    Pretty much. Zika is Ebola 2.0 while Ebola was Bird Flu 2.0 etc.
    I have a hard time thinking there will be any epidemic in 1st world unless world elites get really bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah it's good that Iceland has no mosquitoes, one of many luxuries we have.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

its the new thing for news to get ratings

Obviously we should all stay inside and only go outside in hazmat suits until this outbreak can be contained. Thank god for Amazon, then it's just a matter of paper, rock, scissors to see who the unlucky one will be that goes out to grab the box.

10+ Year Old Account
    I blame the anti-vaxxers.

...what do you mean, no Zika vaccine yet? MAH INDIGNASHUN

If we're making Zika related deaths in people who are vulnerable and already have health problems a priority, septic infections related to UTI's and Pneumonia in nursing homes says hi. Zika isn't even worth talking about among the people most likely to die from it, we need to be looking at ways of protecting pregnant women or women who might become pregnant, including isolation or mosquito eradication.

My wife works for the CDC and let me tell you this one you should keep an eye on. Not because it spreads via mosquito but because it spreads via Mosquitos, and dicks. That last bit is important, because someone in Brazil can bang someone and then travel back home to wifey and give her Zika (Like what happened in Texas) and then that makes 2 people who mosquitos can bite, who then carry the infected blood and spits it into the next person, and so on.

Oh, shit. SARS is in North America now? We're done for.

I remember when the ebola scare levels got so out of hand that even Fox news was all like, "Jesus people, you need to calm the fuck down":

How long before Alex Jones talks about a wide-spread government Zika conspiracy, and starts selling "Zika Spray"?

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I agree...thought he meant in the US or Canada. The guy was 70...older weaker immune system couldn't have helped.
    Puerto Rico is a part of the US. All Puerto Ricans are American citizens.