View Poll Results: Prepatch after the Movie?

Voters
120. This poll is closed
  • Yes

79 65.83%
  • No

41 34.17%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Demon hunter early start is 1 week. Pre-patch is usually 4 weeks. Not a problem.

Demon hunters start at level 100, so after doing the intro experience (which takes like an hour) you can immediately do the legion pre-patch stuff anyway.
    Demon hunter start is a minimum of 1 week, they've already said at various places that they will go live with the pre patch.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    As the title posits. Do you think the prepatch will land either next to or after the movie?
    At this point, it'll be after the release of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Demon hunter start is a minimum of 1 week, they've already said at various places that they will go live with the pre patch.
    Source, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    Worked on since MoP, announced at Gamescon August 2015, still not released in May 2016 while Live is uber stale.
    Yup, stop being impatient @ all of you.

I care cause I got an eye on maining DH, the sooner we can test the lvling zone for them during the pre patch the sooner people can actually find out if they will stick to them or look at another class.
    Yeah because you testing the DH is going to matter.... people play a character for all different reasons not just "if they are good". Kindly remove that head from ya bum, cheers ^_^

Any source for the DH HFC gear? Haven't seen anything and I'm like 30 or more times a day on mmo-c Frontpage.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Source, please.
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=demon+hunter+early+access

Hilarious, but no.

To clarify, I was not referring to the minimum 1 week bit, that is certainly confirmed. I was referring to the "will go live with the pre-patch" bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im still waiting for faster late july/ early august release

Deleted
    It will not be May, that's for sure, as I expect them to announce the patch at least four weeks prior to when it goes live. I guess July/ August, though I would probably prefer the former.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I don't know when the movie is going to release (yes, really, because I don't care about it one bit), but the prepatch is likely going to be in the first week of August.
    It might be earlier because demon hunter.

It makes all the sense in the world:

1. Success or failure, the film reminds or informs millions that the franchise exists
    2. Thousands of curious players will revisit, at least for a short time
    3. Completely altering how the game works will turn new/returning players away cold

Blizzard hasn't been following normal launch protocol for Legion, so I'd say it's possible. June 7 would be perfect, but June 14 works as well, and offers one more week of QA.

Pre event patch is normally 2 weeks before the new patch(7.0) hits then around 1 month later the new expansion comes out. Always been like this, but seeing as Blizzard has done things a bit different this time who the hell knows. One would assume that early July is when the pre event comes out, then late July for 7.0 to be released.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shéllshock View Post
    It will not be May, that's for sure, as I expect them to announce the patch at least four weeks prior to when it goes live. I guess July/ August, though I would probably prefer the former.
    100% no, will know more sooner than that and i expect to hear more information in the next 4weeks about it. Pre Legion patch will hit late July, it's always been like this around 4weeks prior to a new expansion.

The Legion Beta/Alpha is all most complete, just the last few touch ups now with polish and finding / fixing bugs. All zones, raids, dungeons, classes, professions are now in. Blizzard are even testing the 7.0 content and pre 7.0 content on Alpha/ Beta which I've never seen them do, i don't expect to see a PTR this time around since it would of been up by now.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-04-30 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    It needs to happen right after the movie or before it, otherwise Blizzard is just shooting themselves in the foot, there is no point having new/old players coming back to the old classes/system, just to have it all changed a few weeks later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    It needs to happen right after the movie or before it, otherwise Blizzard is just shooting themselves in the foot,
    No they are not!
    Legends makes the movie NOT Blizzard.