Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    Hey it's fun Rotationaly it won't change too much, but damage wise if you really know whats happening it feels powerful as all hell.
    It sounds like old Fury Warriors with Heroic Strike spam, which isn't a bad thing. Some people liked that.

This was posted on the official Story forums.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...71?page=10#197

Xal'atath really seems to look down on those who give into madness and corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post

Xal'atath really seems to look down on those who give into madness and corruption.
    The personality of this dagger is fascinating to me haha.

I wonder if it chooses an owner based on strength of mind and ability to control? Maybe it turns on its owner once it senses weakness and an opportunity to move to a stronger wielder? To me it sounds like it absorbs weakness and death.

He whispered me this right before the second boss in Neltharion's Lair, Ularogg Cragshaper.

So does he say anything when we use STM or die from it?

The personality of this dagger is fascinating to me haha.

I wonder if it chooses an owner based on strength of mind and ability to control? Maybe it turns on its owner once it senses weakness and an opportunity to move to a stronger wielder? To me it sounds like it absorbs weakness and death.
    Well, I think the notes in the initial artifact quest actually mention that those who succumb to the madness are unworthy to wield the blade properly. Xal'atath needs people with more resilient minds to serve as its wielder, or else it's just a knife in the hands of a gibbering idiot. I assume stronger minds tend to last longer, so Xal'atath prefers them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post

He whispered me this right before the second boss in Neltharion's Lair, Ularogg Cragshaper.
    Saying "Our" is interesting. Could mean something, could mean nothing. Makes me wonder which God he was cut from.

Well, I think the notes in the initial artifact quest actually mention that those who succumb to the madness are unworthy to wield the blade properly. Xal'atath needs people with more resilient minds to serve as its wielder, or else it's just a knife in the hands of a gibbering idiot. I assume stronger minds tend to last longer, so Xal'atath prefers them.

- - - Updated - - -

Saying "Our" is interesting. Could mean something, could mean nothing. Makes me wonder which God he was cut from.
    I think that's a good way to look at it.

And yeah I would be interested more in the story of the blade and where it came from haha.

You could look at it as it feeds off of its wielder. The stronger the wielder, then the more it can feed.

Or whuch makes a better tool: the complacent one that breaks easily, or the stronger one that you can mold?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: I wonder why wowhead didn't list the whispers as one of the artifact hidden traits, and I wonder if there is an active ability that has not been discovered.

Short overview of the shadow priest ability visual and sound effects in legion.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    You could look at it as it feeds off of its wielder. The stronger the wielder, then the more it can feed.

Or whuch makes a better tool: the complacent one that breaks easily, or the stronger one that you can mold?

- - - Updated - - -

Also: I wonder why wowhead didn't list the whispers as one of the artifact hidden traits, and I wonder if there is an active ability that has not been discovered.
    I think it would be cool if it sucked the life out of mobs you killed every once in a blue moon.

I think it would be cool if it sucked the life out of mobs you killed every once in a blue moon.
    Randomly make a target turn against his comrades like boss MC. We do not control the mob (or player), and they randomly use abilities against their allies.

Thanks for the video Theed.

By the way, do we have any news on the Priest and more specifically Shadow hidden artifact traits?

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Thanks for the video Theed.

By the way, do we have any news on the Priest and more specifically Shadow hidden artifact traits?
    Just the whispers so far. Probably not enough play testing to trigger one of the "special case" actives. If there even is one yet.

Deleted
    @Theed Thanks for the new video!

I still think that they should make Void Torrent be casted FROM the dagger, they can use the "raise your dagger to the sky" animation they use when you first pick it up (or something along those lines) because I think it make the dagger more appealing (and we would actually see it).

They messed something up with the void form tentacle this build... you only see like the 2 on the shoulders and once in the blue moon you see the tentacle on your whole body, what's up with that.

Homophobia is so gay.

Thanks for the video
    Void torrent is disappointing It must be a placeholder, those squiggly lines are really awkward in their orientation.
    Sphere of Insanity looks much better than in screenshots though.

I also kind of wish to see a cool hidden effect besides the whisper. Something cosmetic at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, speaking of cosmetics :

Would be cool to have glyphs to give some of our spells a sha touched animations. Same for a emerald nightmare animations. Both the nightmare and the sha are related to the old gods iirc so that would make sense.

Would like glyphs to transform shadowfiend and mindbender into the voidlike creatures we had early alpha.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Thanks for the video
    Void torrent is disappointing It must be a placeholder, those squiggly lines are really awkward in their orientation.
    Sphere of Insanity looks much better than in screenshots though.
    It lacks the visual punch that spell deserves. They said we would be using our artifacts to cast spells through, so why the dagger animation used when you acquire it isn't also used or the spell is beyond me. The spell doesn't feel great outside of the effect around your legs.

Would anyone be turned off by StM changing us into a faceless one (like the one used for the old pet trait but bigger) instead of looking almost identical to voidform? That spell is also lacking in the visual department.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    I also kind of wish to see a cool hidden effect besides the whisper. Something cosmetic at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, speaking of cosmetics :

Would be cool to have glyphs to give some of our spells a sha touched animations. Same for a emerald nightmare animations. Both the nightmare and the sha are related to the old gods iirc so that would make sense.

Would like glyphs to transform shadowfiend and mindbender into the voidlike creatures we had early alpha.
    Oh my god If I could have sha white/black spells I think I would die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarilex View Post
    It lacks the visual punch that spell deserves. They said we would be using our artifacts to cast spells through, so why the dagger animation used when you acquire it isn't also used or the spell is beyond me. The spell doesn't feel great outside of the effect around your legs.

Would anyone be turned off by StM changing us into a faceless one (like the one used for the old pet trait but bigger) instead of looking almost identical to voidform? That spell is also lacking in the visual department.
    I would love to turn into a Faceless One for the duration. However, there is the potential for an Old God boss, and there might be some targeting issues that people would complain about.