Page 11 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I think you have it exactly backwards; people are concerned predators will pose as trans in order to get access to areas they otherwise wouldn't be allowed.
    Several of us have tried to explain this to no avail. They just revert back to their original argument of calling us bigots, unintelligent, and apparently poor as well. Didn't realize the last one was a pejorative but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Predators can do that already. And they're not going to be stopped by some stupid law unless you put a genitalia checking security guard at every fucking restroom. So wtf is the point of this bill?
    They can't do it already. I believe there's a law in place somewhere that got passed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    These laws cannot get enforced. It's impossible.
    No police force in the country (neither in the states effected) has the manpower to put officers in every public restroom.
    Nor does anyone have to carry a birth certificate with them, just to take a dump.

Here's a solution.. if you're uncomfortable using such restrooms, hold it and piss at home.
    you just don't get it do you
    the problem isn't not wanting true transgenders from using the bathroom of the gender they want to be, but now a pervert can say they are transgender don't even have to dress the part don't even have to attempt to resemble the opposite sex and walk right into in broad daylight the restroom changing room public shower of the gender they biologically aren't and not a fucking thing could be done about it
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-30 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    When I have children, I'm going to take every precaution I can for them. Yeah, people creeping is an undesirable thing.

My point out of all of this? Target allowing people to use the bathroom appropriate to their gender identity isn't going to suddenly create a problem that doesn't already exist, nor is it going to exacerbate anything. The people freaking out about this are going full on irrational mode.

Those who are supposedly boycotting this probably don't even shop there anyway, given that they can only afford Wal mart.
    To be fair you can argue on the flip side, if target puts up gender restrictions on the bathrooms, it's not going to cause a problem or exacerbate anything. Worst case scenario, transgendered people will just use the bathroom when they get home. Although I will say this does seem to have a lot of people freaking out, pretty much expecting complete strangers to suddenly accept members of the opposite sex in their bathrooms, regardless of those person's beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Public bathrooms aren't monitored. The predators could just walk in the bathrooms on their own.
    Not all public roads are monitored, either, yet we still have speed limits.

It's simple; loosen the restrictions to make it easier to allow trans people to change their sex on their ID to allow them use the facilities that they feel comfortable using.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't do it already. I believe there's a law in place somewhere that got passed recently.
    Then why do we need another bill? One that unjustly harms transgendered people who just need to piss?
    Putin khuliyo

Public bathrooms aren't monitored. The predators could just walk in the bathrooms on their own.
    On that note should nobody be allowed to question me if I go into a ladies' room? I'm not a rapist, and if I was I wouldn't ask permission right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    It's a shame that there is a transgender community
    fixed that for you
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all public roads are monitored, either, yet we still have speed limits.
    And cops patrolling that occasionally catch speeders.
    Putin khuliyo

Then why do we need another bill? One that unjustly harms transgendered people who just need to piss?
    What laws are we talking about here? I thought this was about an internal policy of a particular store.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you just don't get it do you
    the problem isn't not wanting true transgenders from using the bathroom of the gender they want to be, but now a pervert can say they are transgender don't even have to dress the part don't even have to attempt to resemble the opposite sex and walk right into in broad daylight the restroom changing room public shower of the gender they biblically aren't and not a fucking thing could be done about it
    This can already happen because no public bathrooms have guards stationed at the doors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    What laws are we talking about here? I thought this was about an internal policy of a particular store.
    It's very clear that Target is doing this in response to the bill in North Carolina.
    Putin khuliyo

and before if you walk into a restroom and a person obviously of the opposite sex is in there you can do something about it now you cant and you will be labeled a bigot if you attempt to do so
    so a pervert can hang out in bathrooms changing rooms and showers of the opposite sex and not a dam thing can be done about it

It doesn't unjustly harm anyone. If your trans, then get your ID changed to reflect that. Just loosen the laws on getting your ID changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There were already laws in place against predators committing sex crimes. Now you go.

- - - Updated - - -

The one down south.
    Yeah but those don't count because they didn't hurt Trans people. Only the laws that target people I don't like are valid.

This can already happen because no public bathrooms have guards stationed at the doors.
    before they can be removed and questioned if one was caught doing so now you cant do crap
    now perverts can walk into a restroom changing room or public shower of the opposite sex in front of a cop and nothing can be done
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-30 at 02:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't unjustly harm anyone. If your trans, then get your ID changed to reflect that. Just loosen the laws on getting your ID changed.
    So . . . if I was transgendered and I wanted to piss in target, I have to first go to city hall, change my ID, and then I can piss?

Or maybe, just maybe, we can do what we've always been doing and if I'm transgender, I can go piss in whatever stall is appropriate for what tools I have?
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    There were already laws in place against predators committing sex crimes. Now you go.
    Has nothing to do with sex crimes.

So now we are IDed to use bathrooms. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and before if you walk into a restroom and a person obviously of the opposite sex is in there you can do something about it now you cant and you will be labeled a bigot if you attempt to do so
    so a pervert can hang out in bathrooms changing rooms and showers of the opposite sex and not a dam thing can be done about it
    That's what you people want. You want to force female to male transgenders into the women's bathrooms even though they look like men and if they're post-op have penises.