Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    This is where the strawman comes in now @Freedom4u2. He didn't counter with any sources, tried to turn it around on me as the problem, and now thinks he succeeded in his argument.
    You've made no fucking argument lol.

You sit there and post a tweet or the part of the blue post and pretend that means X or Y is happening. And when people say there's nothing to back this up, you turn around and go "hurr there's no proof!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The way I see it, the WoW community was already divided and toxic. One side wants casual, and the other wants hardcore. The casuals won, and this is how we got the WoW we have today. The hardcore went elsewhere, not unofficial Vanilla servers. Since Blizzard took away their Vanilla WoW servers, they are compelled to become a vocal group.

The sooner devs realize the casual vs hardcore mentality doesn't work, the quicker they can fix the game.

I've never bought this argument because there is always something for the hardcore community to do. When that specific community goes on about "the game is casual" what they're actually saying is "Other people can do what previously only me and my very small, less-than-one-percent group could do. I'm no longer the special snowflake."

Heroic/Mythic raiding has been in the game for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    They don't care, Cant you people get this through your thick skulls?
    Mike Morhaime is literally gonna take the Petition and whipe his own ass with it.

Hell, half of that petition is just viewers from Twitch streams who wants them to shut the fuck up about it constantly and actually stream proper shit and not crying 24/7.
    Seems like you were completely wrong. You assumed that half of the petition is something silly, something you want it to be, when in truth its not. :P
    Just because you dont want to play vanilla nor old style wow doesnt mean other people dont, and wow fanbase is bigger than its subscriber count... its just that some people dont like the current wow and are thus playing on privates... then there are those people who do both, they like live but also play on privates.

The fans have spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I think the people that count understood the idea behind it. MMO-C is small. It's a beacon of information, but the amount of pages in this thread alone is proof enough of the interest. There has been huge amount of people who signed the petition. We received an incredible amount of visibility through video game medias. At this point, I think the job is done.

If we don't give fuel to the negative people and keep speaking about positive events related to our community, I guarantee you they will have the short part of the stick. Nobody want to stick with people who can just throw Ad Hominem.
    I think it's small too. They have resulted to trying to strawman that every person that plays current WoW is against the idea since all the random polls that come out never get more that say no, or they can't even receive likes when attacking people like Mark. Fact is, our "Vocal Minority" that is irrelevant is definitely larger than their actual "Vocal Minority" of the current people playing the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    I fully expect arrests to be made. There has to be penalties or everyone would steal IPs.
    Relax, Francis. No criminal acts have been committed. This is purely civil law - and if you don't know the difference, stop posting until you do know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    People don't run LFR because they enjoy it.
    Lets not turn this into a LFR discussion. There are plenty of threads for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is where the strawman comes in now @Freedom4u2. He didn't counter with any sources, tried to turn it around on me as the problem, and now thinks he succeeded in his argument.
    Agree. He's not alone here doing that, a lot of people do this (although, luckily, a minority). Gladly, I've seen some good arguments from both side. But these are a majority we're seeing right now, and I'm not going to waste energy on that.

Once again, lets not forget that we've done the hard part; get noticed, get a chance to meet and speak with Blizzard. Official forum threads have over a few thousands answers - coming from people who are still subscribed from the game to plead their request to Blizzard. It's outstanding and something that gives me hope for Legacy.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Fact is, our "Vocal Minority" that is irrelevant is definitely larger than their actual "Vocal Minority" of the current people playing the game.
    rofl.

Jesus.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is nonsense. Even if you literally take the large possible number that people are just randomly throwing out for Nostalrius participation, that is still less than half of WoW's subscription numbers, unless somehow 80% of the subs they reported before they stopped all suddenly left.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Seems like you were completely wrong. You assumed that half of the petition is something silly, something you want it to be, when in truth its not. :P
    Just because you dont want to play vanilla nor old style wow doesnt mean other people dont, and wow fanbase is bigger than its subscriber count... its just that some people dont like the current wow and are thus playing on privates... then there are those people who do both, they like live but also play on privates.

The fans have spoken.
    This isn't V for Vendetta, dummy. "The fans" still can't legally play on illegal servers, and I'd bet a year's salary that after this weekend, nothing will change in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    You've made no fucking argument lol.

You sit there and post a tweet or the part of the blue post and pretend that means X or Y is happening. And when people say there's nothing to back this up, you turn around and go "hurr there's no proof!"
    Still no sources to support your claims? You even respond that I provided you things like the blue post etc in the end of your response, then state I made no fucking argument. There's that fuck word again that only pro-legacy players only use supposedly. You can definitely tell you are angry.

- - - Updated - - -

rofl.

Jesus.

Sorry to burst your bubble but this is nonsense. Even if you literally take the large possible number that people are just randomly throwing out for Nostalrius participation, that is still less than half of WoW's subscription numbers, unless somehow 80% of the subs they reported before they stopped all suddenly left.
    No proof to the contrary?

Deleted
    I think the people that count understood the idea behind it. MMO-C is small. It's a beacon of information, but the amount of pages in this thread alone is proof enough of the interest. There has been huge amount of people who signed the petition. We received an incredible amount of visibility through video game medias. At this point, I think the job is done.
    .. to hype the forums for the nostalgic minority ?

If we don't give fuel to the negative people and keep speaking about positive events related to our community, I guarantee you they will have the short part of the stick. Nobody want to stick with people who can just throw Ad Hominem.
    "If we ignore critics, they will just explode silently.. there is no negative, there is no negative".. *closes his eyes, holding hands against his ears* .. "lalalala"...
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-30 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Repetition is not progression
    Yeah it's totally not like the fights get harder, new mechanics are introduced in the highest difficulties (and bosses in some cases), and the loot is markedly better.

Really? Here, I'll provide my proof.

I'll be waiting for your sources for this just being a PR campaign. Or your sources that Mark won't get the time of day. Or anything for that matter.
    Where's you sources that this is definitely a meeting to start Legacy servers?
    Literal interpretations of those posts:
    "We look forward to talking with people who are passionate about our game. We listen to our players."
    "We are meeting in the future."
    "We'll announce this weekend when we will meet."
    There's nothing so far to support anyone's side on the issue at this time. Pro Legacy and the others are just as in the dark as everyone else until anything is officially announced as to what has happened. So right now, everything is conjecture. People are free to guess what's going on all they want, but that doesn't mean it's true or happening the way they want.

Still no sources to support your claims? You even respond that I provided you things like the blue post etc in the end of your response, then state I made no fucking argument. There's that fuck word again that only pro-legacy players only use supposedly. You can definitely tell you are angry.
    I can't legitimately believe somebody actually thinks the way that you do. In order to salvage my opinion of human kind, I have to assume you're just being obtuse for arguments sake.

The fact that somebody could be so unaware that posting a piece of information and then pretending that's fact for their argument of what that information MUST be, is mindblowing.

Agree. He's not alone here doing that, a lot of people do this (although, luckily, a minority). Gladly, I've seen some good arguments from both side. But these are a majority we're seeing right now, and I'm not going to waste energy on that.

Once again, lets not forget that we've done the hard part; get noticed, get a chance to meet and speak with Blizzard. Official forum threads have over a few thousands answers - coming from people who are still subscribed from the game to plead their request to Blizzard. It's outstanding and something that gives me hope for Legacy.
    Yeah, it's just sickening that these same people strongly held the beliefs that Mark wouldn't even get a meeting with Blizzard. Now the personal attacks are just intensifying since they are running out of things to argue.

No proof to the contrary?
    The fuck are you talking about. Proving a negative?

How about you provide any actual proof that your small community is larger than the actual WoW subscription fanbase.

Edit: fuck it. I'm done with you. Holy fucking christ.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Where's you sources that this is definitely a meeting to start Legacy servers?
    Literal interpretations of those posts:
    "We look forward to talking with people who are passionate about our game. We listen to our players."
    "We are meeting in the future."
    "We'll announce this weekend when we will meet."
    There's nothing so far to support anyone's side on the issue at this time. Pro Legacy and the others are just as in the dark as everyone else until anything is officially announced as to what has happened. So right now, everything is conjecture. People are free to guess what's going on all they want, but that doesn't mean it's true or happening the way they want.
    So you are saying they are lying about their meeting? Okay. I guess we will see then .

- - - Updated - - -

I can't legitimately believe somebody actually thinks the way that you do. In order to salvage my opinion of human kind, I have to assume you're just being obtuse for arguments sake.

The fact that somebody could be so unaware that posting a piece of information and then pretending that's fact for their argument of what that information MUST be, is mindblowing.
    So going to provide any sources to your argument or keep attacking me?

Ah, yes, the demonization of anyone who doesn't agree with you. You illegal server kiddies have been paying attention to the global warming crowd, where that dynamic is also blatant and obvious. "You don't believe! Heretic! Therefore you hate the earth!"

I could give a rat's ass about legacy servers, I'll never play one if they ever appear, and if you want to waste time waxing nostalgic on one, go for it - but don't come crying here when it's shutdown - because I DO support the rule of law, especially copyright law, because my career as an artist and designer relies on copyright laws protecting my work. I also enjoy correcting morons here who spout off ridiculous shit to justify their actions.

But oh, yes, I hate illegal servers with a burning fury, and I am dedicating my life to keep YOU PERSONALLY from ever playing one.

LOL.

Get over yourself, dude.
    Last edited by Gadzooks; 2016-04-30 at 05:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's just sickening that these same people strongly held the beliefs that Mark wouldn't even get a meeting with Blizzard. Now the personal attacks are just intensifying since they are running out of things to argue.
    That's something we often see. While I don't support Trump, just take a look at what happened in California recently. Violence of a new level was attained, because contrarily to what these people believed, Trump is actually getting elected by the republicans.

When people run out of arguments, when things go out of the way they want it to go, they'll lose their rationality and start attacking. It's the only weapon that they have, when facts have been debunked repeatedly.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    There is only one boss that was hard mode only, this was a expansion ago and...well like i say one boss.

And im killing still archimonde at thats whats matters. There is only one time to kill archimonde for the first time, mechanics and either things have nothing to do with this.

If i would "accept" your logic then all the bosses in wow should be purple boxes with slightly differnt mechanics and more harder hitting = best content ever
    I have no idea what the last part has to do with anything.

By your own logic seeing the bosses in LFR is the same as seeing them on Mythic. Which is an absolute joke.

Doing Mar'gok on Normal vs Mythic is an entirely different monster. Even for bosses that don't introduce new mechanics, when things are harder it changes up strats in many cases.

What was the game like before this? Raids that had arbitrary resistance gear checks that made them impossible unless you spend months getting shit gear that had the right amount of Fire/Shadow/Nature resistance. Bosses that were just tuned high numerically with 2, maybe 3, mechanics.

"Strongly held beliefs" Could you once make a post where you don' completely exaggerate and blow up your perceived enemies with useless overblown rhetoric?