Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I didn't say it was - you're a special case.

But keep crying, it's refreshing. More rage! More!
    Not sure you know what rage is since it's apparent to be only coming from you, hence the constant stream of "Shut the fuck up!". You definitely compared the 2 by stating we were attacking Mona with similar thought process. Not even relevant to the discussion though and you are just trying to derail at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Well sure, I'm merely pointing out people will play here just for the sake of being the best. This isn't a new concept for any game. That's why even today you still have people competing on speed runs for SNES games.
    Well, i play SNES games and even old arcade games because i remember how fun they were. Just played some asteroids recently thanks to atari releasing a new version of it. Unfortunately, i dont own an old version of it.

And as i already said, only a few play for competition. It was the same those days already.

The one thing I remember also about classic WoW is though some things were OP, there was ALWAYS a way to negate it.
    Not really mano a mano. Only by "a lot" versus "a few".. Some classes were strong in 1vs1 (as like shadow priests) while others werent.. just remember retribution paladins of classic..

Maybe pvp will be full of only what people considered OP. Who knows. I can say with certainty though people will be there specifically for the pvp. There has been people who even commented on that specifically that they would be only.
    A pvp based on sheer time effort.. well.. i dont think i would like that again. PVP gameplay which allows you to use skill is way more intrinsically rewarding than playing it just endlessly..
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-04-30 at 07:03 PM.

So you are saying they are lying about their meeting? Okay. I guess we will see then .
    That's not at all what he meant tho. He's saying people should hold their horses. While the meetings and conversations are going to happen, the outcome is uncertain. For all we know, Nost people/Kern could be filled in with details on the subject why Blizz can't/won't run legacy servers and then asked to convey the message to their fans. Or they will have a discussion and come up with a solution that would work. The problem is, noone here can really say either way.

Your tears of rage refresh me.

And, why should I be infracted? You guys have been picking on Moana for weeks now, and haven't been infracted. Because HOW DARE she have her own opinion, right?

I just laugh at people who's only response to disagreement is censorship - while calling someone childish. Just love that hypocrisy! It's why i keep coming back here to this thread for the best free entertainment going!
    It's like this in most threads. I think the problem is that the nature of forums lends people to believe their echo chamber is the majority opinion. It might be around here -- this thread especially -- but most people don't care deeply enough about this to create forum accounts, much less even browse them. But as long as people continue to circlejerk themselves into oblivion over their perceived greatness of Vanilla WoW, they'll believe they're taking the moral high ground and all the anti-Legacy people are just mean ol jerks who refuse to adapt to the hivemind.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Just like WoD then!

/s
    Look, I don't have any plans on playing Legion - i got over that last January when i quit playing. But the best investment Blizzard can make right now for it's community is the current game. That was the question, and that's my answer. Your opinion of WOD and Legion, or mine, is irrelevant, because they do have customers who like the current project, and more of them.

Show me proof that more people will pay for a legacy server than Legion, then you might have a point. Until that time, it's in Blizzard's best self-interest to invest in their current project, not one they ended over 9 years ago.

Go ask Microsoft why they don't support their OS from 9 years ago. Same reasons - it's not worth the money, the money is better off spent on their current software - and your opinion of Windows 10 is irrelevant, because millions of people are just fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    you already prove it yesterday that you dont do normal mode which you clearly do. You make shit up as you go, like with poaching now
    I don't have a full clear on normal, and I did normal archimonde a couple times for ring upgrades. How is that "raiding hfc normal"
    Lol. Keep reaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    That's not at all what he meant tho. He's saying people should hold their horses. While the meetings and conversations are going to happen, the outcome is uncertain. For all we know, Nost people/Kern could be filled in with details on the subject why Blizz can't/won't run legacy servers and then asked to convey the message to their fans. Or they will have a discussion and come up with a solution that would work. The problem is, noone here can really say either way.
    Or face some serious fines. That's my suspicion at least. They will attempt a goodwill compromise, I've no doubt; but at the end of the day, they're probably not in a weak position to make life difficult for the Nost developers, and they could *really* use the PR from them...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Well, i play SNES games and even old arcade games because i remember how fun they were. Just played some asteroids recently thanks to atari releaseing a new version of it. Unfortunately, i dont own an old version of it.

And as i already said, only a few play for competition. It was the same those days already.

Not really mano a mano. Only by "a lot" versus "a few".. Some classes were strong in 1vs1 (as like shadow priests) while others werent.. just remember retribution paladins of classic..

A pvp based on sheer time effort.. well.. i dont think i would like that again. PVP gameplay which allows you to use skill is way more intrinsically rewarding than playing it just endlessly..
    I'm not stating it would be a lot, I'm merely pointing out how under-exaggerated the numbers are for this server. There is specific aspects of the game that people will come to play, FOR EXAMPLE, just to compete to be the top guild, people could care less about the era, or how garbage classic was to them. Some current server guilds will even require it of their members, IF they follow the same attitude as other guilds that I have had experience with.

The game wasn't balanced around 1v1. That's why 1v1 doesn't matter for anything. I would hope people aren't trying to 1v1 in classic just as I would hope they aren't using it as a credible source of argument in current WoW.

I personally would love the shear time. One of my biggest hopes is to be in hours long AVs. Which also begs another question. With the knowledge we have now, would they be that long?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    It's like this in most threads. I think the problem is that the nature of forums lends people to believe their echo chamber is the majority opinion. It might be around here -- this thread especially -- but most people don't care deeply enough about this to create forum accounts, much less even browse them. But as long as people continue to circlejerk themselves into oblivion over their perceived greatness of Vanilla WoW, they'll believe they're taking the moral high ground and all the anti-Legacy people are just mean ol jerks who refuse to adapt to the hivemind.

Oh, I totally agree. I don't take any of this seriously, I've been working on cleaning up my client files (designer/illustrator) and backing them up, and watching a movie while playing in this thread. I've never expected anything of substance to come out of these threads, it's pure entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    No, he literally asked to prove their was a meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Look, I don't have any plans on playing Legion - i got over that last January when i quit playing. But the best investment Blizzard can make right now for it's community is the current game. That was the question, and that's my answer. Your opinion of WOD and Legion, or mine, is irrelevant, because they do have customers who like the current project, and more of them.

Show me proof that more people will pay for a legacy server than Legion, then you might have a point. Until that time, it's in Blizzard's best self-interest to invest in their current project, not one they ended over 9 years ago.

Go ask Microsoft why they don't support their OS from 9 years ago. Same reasons - it's not worth the money, the money is better off spent on their current software - and your opinion of Windows 10 is irrelevant, because millions of people are just fine with it.
    Bolded part. Then he preaches it's success.

It'd be hilarious to see people clamoring for old versions of Windows as vigilantly as they do Vanilla WoW.

"Bring back Windows 98! I miss AOL Instant Messenger! I hate that my Recycling Bin is no longer a shortcut on my desktop! Where's MS-DOS???!"

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Or face some serious fines. That's my suspicion at least. They will attempt a goodwill compromise, I've no doubt; but at the end of the day, they're probably not in a weak position to make life difficult for the Nost developers, and they could *really* use the PR from them...
    I already pointed out how this would be a big mess for Blizzard. If something like this happened Nost people wouldn't be quite about it. You would have a mess everywhere. People getting involved that don't even care about WoW or Blizzard. The amount of money Blizzard will put into dealing with this mess could of probably just be spent to give the servers. Unless they would do it for pride and to keep their progressive stance. If given history though, stuff like this doesn't happen lightly, although it could and nothing happen for giving them fines.

No, he literally asked to prove their was a meeting.

- - - Updated - - -

Bolded part. Then he preaches it's success.
    Yes, adults can separate themselves from a discussion emotionally. You should try it sometime.

It'd be hilarious to see people clamoring for old versions of Windows as vigilantly as they do Vanilla WoW.

"Bring back Windows 98! I miss AOL Instant Messenger! I hate that my Recycling Bin is no longer a shortcut on my desktop! Where's MS-DOS???!"
    Things were better back then. Because I say so.

Deleted
    I am sure blizzard is going to use the nostalgrius people for their PR.

And i ask myself this question:

Are people going to try to setup pirated realms to get the attention of blizzard in the future? And isnt blizzard actively advocating people to try to get their attention by inviting the admins of the pirated classic realm to their headquarter?

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Leveling 1-60 was character progression.

As for vanilla end game, you needed to farm the correct resist gear to take on the next challenge.

Progression was:
    Get to level 60
    Farm 5-mans to get a decent blue set.
    Farm fire resist gear to into MC.
    Farm MC to get into BWL.
    Farm BWL and nature resist gear to get into AQ40.
    Farm AQ40 and front resist gear to get into Naxx40.

Outside of 40 man raids, there were 20 man raids for people that wanted to go down that path instead.

That was lot of progression.
    And no crappy instant catch-up mechanisms, like Timeless Isle or Baleful from tanaan... seriously.

I don't take any of this seriously,
    Yet asserts his opinion into everything and yells at people to shut the fuck up. Or are you stating that you are a troll and trying to bait people as much as you can?

Except people can actually use older operating systems if they want to!

*GASP*

Yes, adults can separate themselves from a discussion emotionally. You should try it sometime.
    You haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Except people can actually use older operating systems if they want to!

*GASP*
    With 0 upkeep from the company, 0 support, and 0 cost from the company.

Word of advice, just drop the convo with this guy. Look at his post history, you'll see the only thing he does is stir the pot.