Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Doesn't sound much like doubting.
    I'm not arguing that Shadow Priests don't have faith in anything, or that it isn't strong, but I think their faith is of a somewhat different nature. Shadow Priests certainly don't trust the Void. Even Natalie Seline, who was said to be obsessed with its study, believes everyone should be worried by the whispers of the Void.

So, if Shadow Priests recognize the Void as a danger and threat, with plenty of warnings against being too trusting of it or Void entities, what exactly do they put their faith in?

In the RPG, the faith of a Shadow Priest was in the strength of their own will and ability to wield the power they possessed with proper care.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-05-01 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    I'm not arguing that Shadow Priests don't have faith in anything, or that it isn't strong, but I think their faith is of a somewhat different nature. Shadow Priests certainly don't trust the Void. Even Natalie Seline, who was said to be obsessed with its study, believes everyone should be worried by the whispers of the Void.

So, if Shadow Priests recognize the Void as a danger and threat, with plenty of warnings against being too trusting of it or Void entities, what exactly do they put their faith in?

In the RPG, the faith of a Shadow Priest was in the strength of their own will and ability to wield the power they possessed with proper care.
    You think that. Blizzard says a Shadow Priest is just as faithful as a holy Priest and that the understanding of the Void is all about Madness.

And the RPG isn't Canon anymore, which is a shame because they had at least some teachings of the Light and the Void that were really deep and could provide a basis for Priest and Paladin RPG with some theological aspects.

You think that. Blizzard says a Shadow Priest is just as faithful as a holy Priest and that the understanding of the Void is all about Madness.

And the RPG isn't Canon anymore, which is a shame because they had at least some teachings of the Light and the Void that were really deep and could provide a basis for Priest and Paladin RPG with some theological aspects.
    A lot of the RPG stuff on the Light is actually referenced ingame.

Also, I wasn't doubting that a Shadow Priest is just a faithful in their own way, but the nature of their faith is clearly different. The allied Shadow Priests don't have the same attitude towards the Void as Holy Priest have to the Light. Shadow Priests don't act like they trust the Void. At the very least they make occasional reference to its dangers. Xal'atath comes with a warning label attached.

Shadow Priests have faith, but what kind of faith?

On another topic, I just found something appropriate to this thread. They changed the Secrets of the Void description.
    http://legion.wowhead.com/item=13395...ts-of-the-void
    "The moment I touched the blade, a name was spoken in my mind: Xal'atath. I knew then that I could not destroy the dagger. Not yet. How can one defeat a power she does not understand?"
    Seeking understanding from dangerous sources is almost certainly one of the main appeals to being a Shadow Priest, because I'm pretty damned sure our offhand is Warcraft's Necronomicon. Curiosity seems to be one of our driving forces.

Also: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=14011...byss&bonus=610

Has nothing to do with anything, but "the Abyss" seems to be a name for the Void.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-05-01 at 03:58 AM.

Deleted
    I think there may be a Reason why this teachings are forbidden.

And the whole Cult of the forgotten Shadow was far more believable when it was Canon that the Forsaken can't use the Light anymore.

I think there may be a Reason why this teachings are forbidden.

And the whole Cult of the forgotten Shadow was far more believable when it was Canon that the Forsaken can't use the Light anymore.
    Anyhow, we can just ask the Cult of Forgotten Shadow what they put their faith in, since this wasn't posted in this thread yet.

Balance seems to be the thing, even if they also believe in the necessity of Void wielders and have no problem being those Void wielders.

Anyhow, the reason you're trusting them is that Velen had a vision that everyone would be screwed if the Cult of Forgotten Shadows wasn't recruited as well. Starting text for "Forgotten Shadows" is here: http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=43390/forgotten-shadows
    The Light walks among us, as does one of our enemies. You have done well to bring the prophecy to life, but it is not yet complete. The shadows must rise, and to do so, the Cult of Forgotten Shadows must be restored. You will find the few remaining followers at the cemetery in Duskwood. They linger there near the grave of their fallen leader.

Edit: Shadow Priests are recruited because whether or not Velen sees them as old enemies, he's got to recruit them or else he's screwed.

This wasn't posted either.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-05-01 at 04:33 AM.

Yes, but they mention that their power comes from darkness and shadow, and that their path lies in darkness. Also, this is what the replacement quest says.

A Forsaken priest is a curious beast, <his/her> path an unusual course.

<His/Her> shadowy rites cannot come from the Light, so <he/she> seeks a more sinister source.

Not only has the world forsaken us, <name> it seems the Light has left us as well. As the poem hints, however... we are not without power. Go, get more experience, grow your power. Return to me, and demonstrate what you have learned.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Of_Light_and_Shadows

The whole idea that you must understand the Light as well is classic Cult of Forgotten Shadow beliefs about balance.

EDIT: Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure this is the other aspect of CoFS belief.
    There is only one thing you must know: we have survived through will alone. It is faith in ourselves that separates us from others, and with our powers, we will cause great change in all of Azeroth. The weak will come to lean on you. The lepers will call you Lord. And the ignorant will look to you for guidance. It is my duty to make sure you have the necessary tools so when the time comes, you are prepared. As you grow in experience, seek me out. I will teach you greater powers if you are ready.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest:Hallowed_Scroll

However, it's pretty clear that this faith in oneself has no real attachment to morality or righteousness and merely concerns power and will.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-05-01 at 02:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Also: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=14011...byss&bonus=610

Has nothing to do with anything, but "the Abyss" seems to be a name for the Void.
    Basically confirms Anzu was in communication with Old Gods on Draenor. Since he would converse with the "Gods of the abyss".

Anzu would be a valuable ally in the future.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Night Wind View Post
    Basically confirms Anzu was in communication with Old Gods on Draenor. Since he would converse with the "Gods of the abyss".

Anzu would be a valuable ally in the future.
    Yes, I'm aware of that reference. That probably helps explains why their beliefs and practices are almost identical to the Cult of Forgotten Shadow.

If there's one thing in WoD I really want to come back, it's Anzu and his Arakkoa Talonpriests.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2016-05-02 at 09:33 PM.