Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Mage rainbows are cool and all but when are warriors getting a rainbow charge glyph?
    and rogue rainbowstep

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Higuchi View Post
    Mage rainbows are cool and all but when are warriors getting a rainbow charge glyph?
    It goes without saying that the glyph would also rename the ability to Rainbow Dash.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This will be a popular glyph on the realm Proudmoore.

Deleted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Yeah, giving your battle.net login to Blizzard is pretty much nonsense.
    Well I'm sorry to say but people thinking that they are giving away their login details is mostly your fault for not explaining it properly.

You should have made it very clear that people are logging in to Blizzards servers, which then hand out a token that allows curse to query the users battle tag and the chars.

The way you put it "click the button to log in" is pretty ambiguous - this could also mean giving you the login data.
    Now people who know about this stuff will assume that you're leveraging OAuth, but you can't really blame people for assuming the worst, when you're not explaining it properly.

I understand that this is a learning process for you as well, but there's no need for snide remarks - especially when those comments are (or should be) helping you in understanding how to better convey things to your users.
    Last edited by mmoc1a2258818d; 2016-05-01 at 12:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lloewe View Post
    Well I'm sorry to say but people thinking that they are giving away their login details is mostly your fault for not explaining it properly.

You should have made it very clear that people are logging in to Blizzards servers, which then hand out a token that allows curse to query the users battle tag and the chars.

The way you put it "click the button to log in" is pretty ambiguous - this could also mean giving you the login data.
    Now people who know about this stuff will assume that you're leveraging OAuth, but you can't really blame people for assuming the worst, when you're not explaining it properly.
    you sir, need to chill out for a bit.
    you sound salty.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    you sir, need to chill out for a bit.
    you sound salty.
    I'm pretty chilled and actually trying to help.

You see we have been telling people for years to not reuse their passwords and to not enter their credentials at random sites.

Now I would see responses like "I won't give away my login data" as a success in that regard. And I find it inappropriate to belittle those people now - after all they are just following the advice security people have given them over and over.

If you don't explain why it is ok to login in this case but not ok to login to their bank by following a random email link, you can't really expect them not to be upset about that request.

Being snide about it achieves only 2 things IMHO - either people learn they are the laughing stock when they are concerned about entering their credentials or they loose their trust in this site.
    So if you explain these things properly on the main page and if needed in the comments it's a win-win - otherwise everyone looses, except those fake banking sites maybe

It's the weekend, so where is the announcement from Nostalrius?

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    and rogue rainbowstep
    nah we need to vary it up. Rogue's who use shadowstep get a 10 second buff that makes their next damaging skill release a confetti explosion with a poppin SQUEEE sound around the victim.

For those who couldn't get the poll appear: Try it in Chrome, somewhy it didn't appear for me in Firefox, dunno about other browsers.

I tried voting 10 times cause b.net login wasn't sucessfull

pool not working. tried with 3 browsers - IE, Chrome, Firefox

GL

Quote Originally Posted by vasco90 View Post
    ...That's just fucking stupid, not even funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ...That's just fucking stupid, not even funny...
    It's actually hysterical. You need some sense of humor and try not to get so butt hurt.

10+ Year Old Account

My fucking sides!!!
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's hilarious XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lery View Post
    It's actually hysterical. You need some sense of humor and try not to get so butt hurt.
    I have a sense of humour, holocaust "jokes" are not part of it which I'm thankful for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I have a sense of humour, holocaust "jokes" are not part of it which I'm thankful for.
    You dont have. And WoD had no content.

Quote Originally Posted by amplitudelol View Post
    You dont have. And WoD had no content.
    As an authority on myself, I do. Again, it just doesn't include jokes about the holocaust/comparing companies to Auschwitz because they won't give a loud minority the freedom to play bootleg copies of their game.

And WoD had "no" content to people that can't/won't raid. Since I raid (and care about long-term rewards), I haven't had a problem with content in WoD.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-05-01 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    Could we have some more options for what you're excited about? I'm mostly excited about new raids, the dynamic zone scaling and world quests, and Demonology spec revamp. The current options are all just "meh" to me. Heck, UI and gameplay changes have me more giddy then the artifacts.