Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Do you want to fly in Legion? If so then it's not optional.
    Nope, flying lacks any real gameplay and is strictly there to cut as much actual gameplay out as possible, probably one of the big reasons players disliked cataclysm leveling so much and its not something i have missed in warlords of draenor, so im happy to skip it, i enjoy playing in the world of warcraft, not in the clouds where nothing exists and i have nothing to do other than skip content.

I'm actually not a fan of this zone at all because I feel like it takes away from character progression in the end game. When end game character progression is already poor, why do we need resources dedicated to making a zone that contributes nothing to it? How much will this zone really impact your enjoyment of this game?

I'd much rather the art resources be put into making dungeons or raids. A zone that you'll likely only play through once to get the story does not seem like a worthy piece of content at all, in my eyes.

If this zone shocks the world and ends up being a place where you have to group and communicate with other people in MMO-RPG fashion, I'll be pleasantly surprised and happy to be wrong. That's not going to happen, and it's simply going to be another piece of single player content that further pushes this once great MMO into just a regular RPG. If you want story telling, Blizzard can write a book or make a movie/short/show. The story telling is also driven through the meaningful content (meaningful in that it furthers your character progression); you don't have to play it for the reward if all you want is some story telling.

I see your point about optional content being great, but I think this zone is a waste of resources compared to what we could have. You okay with ten dungeons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    Of course I would, but that doesn't solve anything. Blizzard's time and money are limited - very large but limited nonetheless. The lore in Suramar will be that much better for all the rewards they didn't spend time and money implementing. By doing what you suggested and introducing rewards on the side, they would have to cut away from something else, which would logically be the quality of the overall Suramar experience, at least from a lore perspective.
    Wow you made it sound like Blizzard is some poor indie company who's doing their best with the pittance of money they get. If any MMO company can go all out its blizzard. They soared above and beyond their money being limited within the first month of WoWs release.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgameshh View Post
    I'm actually not a fan of this zone at all because I feel like it takes away from character progression in the end game. When end game character progression is already poor, why do we need resources dedicated to making a zone that contributes nothing to it? How much will this zone really impact your enjoyment of this game?
    I'd be more comfortable with it if there were worthwhile rewards for doing the content. I watched some of the quests on alpha and it's the same old "go kill 3 of those and click on 5 of those" quests, so it's not like it's some immersive new system of storytelling they've come up with.

I see your point about optional content being great, but I think this zone is a waste of resources compared to what we could have. You okay with ten dungeons?
    There already exist dungeons and a raid using these art assets.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually my biggest hope for Suramar City is that after the Nighthold is cleared and the next raid is coming up it can transition to our new base of operations and Dalaran can piss off.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is what World of WARCRAFT should be about, immersive and interesting Content that exists for the pleasure of doing it, not for "Rewards".

I am one of those people that do Old/Present/future Content for the Pleasure of playing my favorite game "World of Warcraft" I couldn`T care less of the Rewards...

If its ture what you are saying!!! I LOVE YOU BLIZZARD, all these years of Faith, Now we are on the right tracks!!! (happy face)

Just like OP states, it sounds awesome. But only for the first character you take through it. Doing the same 200 quests on alts actually seems pretty terrible... but since it's optional I guess no big deal. Sounds like it might end up being good, but short-lived content.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It will be. Pathfinder Part One requires Loremaster of Legion which requires Good Suramaritan which means you have to finish a bunch of quest lines in Suramar.
    Well there you go. Everybody is going to have to do it so it doesn't really matter if they like it or not, it'll still be a success

I'm not against the concept as such, but it seems like a one-time thing, i.e. because of the size of it combined with the lack of rewards it's not something you're going to want to repeat on alts.
    But isn't that a good thing? I mean at least I like it that way. I prefer to have lots of things to do for once than little things to do 17 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That is the most worthless reward I could hope for.
    You're playing the wrong type of game then.

Deleted
    I like the concept.. kinda. It's cool to see Blizzard trying this, but I can't help thinking that Suramar will fail. I don't see the "common player" doing 200+ quests just for the sake of doing quests. Most people are rushing the leveling, don't read quests, level with dungeons instead of questing even if they're not leveling an alt as fast as possible.

I think A LOT of people will be disappointed and won't play it. I will, but I don't know if there's gonna be much replayability to it. I'll probably do it just once on one of my character and don't do it with the others.

EDIT : Well, I just saw that Suramar will be mandatory for flying in the Broken Isles. Guess everyone will do it once but a lot of player won't like it, and I understand why. I would have preferred that they used ressources in repeatable content, something that incites us to do it again but well..

We'll see. I don't have the access to the Alpha so can't really judge !
    Last edited by mmoc29929e9666; 2016-05-01 at 11:38 AM.

A zone that you'll likely only play through once to get the story does not seem like a worthy piece of content at all, in my eyes.
    If you listen closely you can hear 1000000 game developers cry.

Deleted
    I'm not against the concept as such, but it seems like a one-time thing, i.e. because of the size of it combined with the lack of rewards it's not something you're going to want to repeat on alts.
    Actually i see this more as one of Blizz's little feelers. A test-bed to see if levelling might be brought to a halt and have each expansion and it's new zones be about story and narrative. Using this kind of questing to unlock dungeons & raids etc.

As for alts, well there's so much to do on your main, including profession quests, that you might find alts being something that you won't turn to as often as before when you had nothing to do.
    Last edited by mmoc4ba93b9265; 2016-05-01 at 11:45 AM.

Suramar is tested by a few people, because alot of the testers are still giving feedback on their classes and trying new classes. And with it being MAX level only ands not alot of testers there will be little to discuss. I'm currently 106 for 2 zones left and then I'll be there.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Story is the least important part of games.
    For you maybe. I did Loremaster before it was even required for Flying because I wanted to just see the story regardless of rewards.

I think its the wrong way to accomplish this by separating "quest enjoyers"and "only doing stuff thats important" players like this
    Since we got timeless isle it feels now like we're getting amusement parks rather than amazing content that would involve all factors wow is about
    Doing 200+ quest requires an effort so shouldn't there be some meaningful reward for it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    For you maybe. I did Loremaster before it was even required for Flying because I wanted to just see the story regardless of rewards.
    Neat! Did you know games were founded with little to no story and the games with the best gameplay ever mave have little to no story?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're playing the wrong type of game then.
    The fuck are you talking about? Mmos have always been about advancing your characters and playing with other people and never about story. If you want to "experience "something rather than play it, go play a shitty walking simulator.

You wont have time for an alt army, I would be glad if they made it like BC where you had 1 or 2 capped toons that were the focus. The rest bank alts lol, I think making alts so easy comes with a price of making the game too fast to blow through and bypass. Make everything count, I dont care if I dont have 18 110s, much rather have 1 or 2 that are deeply involved in the progression of the expansion.

Neat! Did you know games were founded with little to no story and the games with the best gameplay ever mave have little to no story?
    And they last a few days before they're boring. Basically any adventure game has a story. Or any top rated game overall you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by Exilian View Post
    You've got more than enough alternatives to progress gear-wise in Legion. Lore and story are your rewards in Suramar, with a few cosmetics on top, and that's a better reward than anything you could hope for.
    Isnt it part of the pathfinder achievement? If yes, then it is not optional.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.