Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    thats EXACTLY the point im making. Because content was not so dumbed down so everybody could qqueue for it and faceroll it isnt remmembered that way because for the majority of people this was the case.

Meanwhile we have things like mop and wod where even people who play 3 hours a week through the whole expansion says it has no content

good times
    Oh please, the difficulty in Vanilla, most of TBC and most of WotLK was purely numerical. The mechanics were utterly lacking on even the hardest fights, blizzard changed this model to compete with games that were offering more content and less grind. If they didn't change their model they'd be dead in the water to games like Rift, Star wars, final fantasy and Guild wars.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nost's "special gift" from the devs was a replay system. I feel terrible for all the Nost fans who thought the "special gift" was near uncertain confirmation that Legacy realms were happening.

Out of curiosity, I scoped out the thread where the announcement was posted and most of the people there are angry pro-Legacy players who are now even more upset that Nost isn't releasing their source code and are saying they'll simply play on the WoW private realms which have popped up in Nost's wake. (Most notably ------- which is pay-to-win in some regards.) I find that extremely ironic since one of the sticking points from people in favor of this movement is that they'd be willing to pay a subscription fee to play Blizzard sanctioned Legacy realms yet when they're told they won't be getting exactly what they want, they simply say they'll continue to play on freeloading private realms. (Speaking in broad terms, I realize not everybody feels this way but it's still pretty funny how hypocritical it is.)

Do not mention other private other servers by name {MoanaLisa}
    How many complaining were actual Nost players and how many are other private server operators? Who gains the most by a hasty, knee jerk release of the source code?

You have an odd idea about hypocrisy. It would be hypocritical to play on private servers if Blizzard offered the same product, it is not if Blizzard continues to offer the watered down, current version of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    There's always a drought between expansions. Difference being that most people didn't see end bosses of the expansion till cata. As much as there was a drought in WoTLK, people didn't see it because they didn't get that far (lolbad)
    The droughts been a bit much the last two expacs. Lich king was killable Feb, Cata released October, so about 7 months (10 months if you count it from the Patch). SoO and HFC all lasting about 14 months. So about twice as long. That's the main thing I'm nostalgic about WoW, having a good patch release cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    The law is still different in different countries.

You sure care a lot about something you said you don't care about yesterday.
    I said i don't care about copyright yesterday?

Can you ever response without lying in some form?

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    You have an odd idea about hypocrisy. It would be hypocritical to play on private servers if Blizzard offered the same product, it is not if Blizzard continues to offer the watered down, current version of WoW.
    And that's why they're changing how the entire game functions in Legion...
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

learn to read i wworte majority of the people, you even proving my point lol thx because you doing this anyway as a hardcore player regards of which xpac
    Your point is that casuals/bads should experience less content because they are casual/bad?
    Sure.
    But if that were the case and casuals/bads were still stuck on blackhand in foundry, you'd be here whining "omg i will never see hfc thats unfair nerf pls"

Blizz cant pander to everyone, now can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    Oh please, the difficulty in Vanilla, most of TBC and most of WotLK was purely numerical. The mechanics were utterly lacking on even the hardest fights, blizzard changed this model to compete with games that were offering more content and less grind. If they didn't change their model they'd be dead in the water to games like Rift, Star wars, final fantasy and Guild wars.
    Fights in WotLK started to become more mechanically complex, with the end wing bosses in ICC being comparable in terms of complexity to some of WoD's Mythic encounters. Vanillla/TBC decided less so, though some of the encounters were fairly challenging. (4H in Naxx and Vashj/Kael in TBC come to mind.) However one of the things that I see brandished around by a lot of the pro-Legacy crowd is that raid gating is somehow a good thing for the game while ignoring the fact that WotLK -- WoW's most successful expansion -- came on the heels of removing it. That's not to say that I think WoD's current 4-difficulty tier of the same content is any more healthy, but it's a progression of a mindset that clearly worked and I doubt suddenly going against it would have anything but a negative impact on players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    The droughts been a bit much the last two expacs. Lich king was killable Feb, Cata released October, so about 7 months (10 months if you count it from the Patch). SoO and HFC all lasting about 14 months. So about twice as long. That's the main thing I'm nostalgic about WoW, having a good patch release cycle.
    We were in ICC for 11/12 months, the staggered release drew things out a bit. So you're looking at 2 months longer, at best.
    But I understand what you're saying. Content drought doesn't bother me too much since it gives me the chance to get my mount
    To each his own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    And that's why they're changing how the entire game functions in Legion...
    We'll see. Still looks super easy, super linear to me. The art is still top notch though.

dude pls dont get salty because you can not read haha you should contuine to mention in the same thread for the 50th time how you carried others maybe thats gonna resolve your problems

i actually counted, it was 10 times *rofl*
    I can tell that english isn't your mother tongue. Wtf are you even harping about? wut?

And? Where do you read i argue against that? are you want a match to put this strawman on fire? lol

The fact is the result of it that was i wrote and not the shit that we have now

Lol of course, wanna throw elder scrolls online and half life 3 aswell for making less sense? All this games flopped and not because wow changeed its formula to catering for people that dont want invest time
    "Because content was not so dumbed down so everybody could qqueue for it and faceroll it isnt remmembered that way because for the majority of people this was the case."

So are you just smashing the keys without thinking, or do you just assume i won't point it out?

Also all those games flopped because WoW was better than them, FF14 is the only game to ever be competitive with WoW and it's speculated to be sitting around 2-3 million active subs, which means WoW still blows it out of the water.

We'll see. Still looks super easy, super linear to me. The art is still top notch though.
    Well, from what I've played of the alpha so far, it's linear in that each zone has a story, and you have a line of quests that you do in order to tell you that story, but you can do the zones in any order you like.
    Keep moving forward. - Walt Disney

Legion will fail because they still havnt figured out how to pace content. When there's nothing new to see a month or so after hitting max level there's no motivation for most to stick around.

As opposed to Vanilla where you could literally afk during bosses? Or TBC where some of the top DPS specs literally pressed two buttons (cough warlock and warrior)

How many complaining were actual Nost players and how many are other private server operators? Who gains the most by a hasty, knee jerk release of the source code?

How is it anything other than hypocritical to say that you'd be willing to PAY for a Legacy realm if Blizzard offered it then when the developers who are so eagerly championing your movement tell you that you won't be getting exactly what you ask for, you simply say, "Well fuck you then, I'm just gonna play on another free private server!"

Fights in WotLK started to become more mechanically complex, with the end wing bosses in ICC being comparable in terms of complexity to some of WoD's Mythic encounters. Vanillla/TBC decided less so, though some of the encounters were fairly challenging. (4H in Naxx and Vashj/Kael in TBC come to mind.) However one of the things that I see brandished around by a lot of the pro-Legacy crowd is that raid gating is somehow a good thing for the game while ignoring the fact that WotLK -- WoW's most successful expansion -- came on the heels of removing it. That's not to say that I think WoD's current 4-difficulty tier of the same content is any more healthy, but it's a progression of a mindset that clearly worked and I doubt suddenly going against it would have anything but a negative impact on players.
    WotLK wasn't the most succesful expansion.

You should measure expansion value by subs gained/subs lost, not by total sub number that was the work of previous expansions.

Regarding raiding WotLK was horrible:

1) Overly easy first tier, with all bosses dying to top guilds on first days of expansion. Questionable decision of introducing 10 and 25 man tiers, with different items on them.

2) Ulduar, the bright point of expansion, and basically the game saver.

3) Cause now we get ToC, the joke of raid instance.

4) And ICC, while ok, was the first much-too-long tier.

How is it anything other than hypocritical to say that you'd be willing to PAY for a Legacy realm if Blizzard offered it then when the developers who are so eagerly championing your movement tell you that you won't be getting exactly what you ask for, you simply say, "Well fuck you then, I'm just gonna play on another free private server!"
    Idk what you're missing. People are asking for Vanilla, Vanilla is not being offered, therefore they go where it is offered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope their servers stay dead just to pee off the whiny little leeches that can't move on

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Well, from what I've played of the alpha so far, it's linear in that each zone has a story, and you have a line of quests that you do in order to tell you that story, but you can do the zones in any order you like.
    Aren't you the same damn person who earlier told me that they didn't log onto wow to be challenged, but to have easy fun? Make up yo mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    WotLK wasn't the most succesful expansion.

You should measure expansion value by subs gained/subs lost, not by total sub number that was the work of previous expansions.

Regarding raiding WotLK was horrible:

1) Overly easy first tier, with all bosses dying to top guilds on first days of expansion. Questionable decision of introducing 10 and 25 man tiers, with different items on them.

2) Ulduar, the bright point of expansion, and basically the game saver.

3) Cause now we get ToC, the joke of raid instance.

4) And ICC, while ok, was the first much-too-long tier.
    ...how else do you measure an expansion's success if not by the number players it retained? Your opinions of the expansion do nothing to contradict the very real fact that WotLK is the last expansion where WoW's playerbase was not only consistent, but growing. That is something that WoW has not experienced since and will likely never experience again.