Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vishy View Post
    What the hell is Battleborn???? Being serious ive never heard of it lol
    It's like Overwatch, except there also mobs to PVE against. It's basically a 1st person MOBA and a cross between Smite and Overwatch.

An example of all the versatility in Battleborn:

And that's just one guy's opinion on a single character out of 25 (Soon to be 30 in a free update)!

Quote Originally Posted by LostAlgorithm View Post
    Sweet, we can sue you! Let me call my lawyer! =D

And, really, it's nearly impossible to go somewhere that -doesn't- discuss Blizzard games. I'm not even saying Overwatch is bad! I'm just saying Battleborn is better, and Blizzard knows it. =]
    This website is literally all about Blizzard games being a Blizzard fansite and all so I really doubt those other sites are going to be 70/30 talking about Blizzard games like this site.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    It's like Overwatch, except there also mobs to PVE against. It's basically a 1st person MOBA and a cross between Smite and Overwatch.
    Battleborn and Overwatch isn't really similar at all. The only things that are similar is that they are class based fps games.... That's all!

I could care less about Overwatch or Battleborn but comparing Battleborn to CoD and Overwatch is lmao worthy.

Battleborn will be a success if it sells less the half of what those games will, maybe even less then that. It's targeting a much smaller niche then the behemoth marketing muscle behind Overwatch.

Sweet, we can sue you! Let me call my lawyer! =D

And, really, it's nearly impossible to go somewhere that -doesn't- discuss Blizzard games. I'm not even saying Overwatch is bad! I'm just saying Battleborn is better, and Blizzard knows it. =]
    Battleborn bored me after one stage personally.

And content going forward needs to be bought, correct? With a few exceptions. Don't see how that's superior to everything being free going forward in Overwatch.

And if anything, Battleborn is more akin to Paladins than Overwatch, but even then they're not very close.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    And content going forward needs to be bought, correct? With a few exceptions. Don't see how that's superior to everything being free going forward in Overwatch.
    The only content you have to pay additionally for are additional solo/co-op story missions. New maps and characters will be free. I was able to get the Digital Deluxe for $56 on Greenmangaming, meaning I basically got the Season Pass for more than free since it comes with it.

The free stuff coming for Overwatch is the same kind of stuff people will get free from Battleborn. You only pay more if you're also into the story mode missions.

Having played both Overwatch and Battleborn beta, I much preferred Battleborn. I felt like there was more progression and stuff to do. I can see why some people might like Overwatch, but it just isn't what I'm after.

I enjoy the fact I can level up and get talents/mutations on Battleborn, letting me change my playstyle or role every match. The same goes for the Gear that you can also get. Having a PvE mode that helps you get more story, different ways to play, and more is also pretty damn fun. You can also "Master" characters which as you progress your mastery you unlock story/background for every character they've made.

Overwatch feels good because you can simply pick it up and play, no worries about talents/gear/etc. It's completely skill/strategy during a match. But it lacks a lot of what I'd like.

Overall though, I'd say Overwatch would "win" purely due to Blizzard's fan base. A lot of the comments in this thread point to that.

> comparing FPS to a MOBA/hybrid

I enjoy the fact I can level up and get talents/mutations on Battleborn, letting me change my playstyle or role every match. The same goes for the Gear that you can also get. Having a PvE mode that helps you get more story, different ways to play, and more is also pretty damn fun. You can also "Master" characters which as you progress your mastery you unlock story/background for every character they've made.
    something like Counter-Strike must be the worst game imaginable for you then

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    > comparing FPS to a MOBA
    Battleborn is more of a class based FPS with MOBA mechanics then an actual MOBA...

no, BB is a MOBA(-ish) with FPS elements

if you start comparing it directly to OW then go ahead and compare it also to UT or new Doom multiplayer or CoD or Halo

except thats stupid

So, Battleborn releases on the 3rd...Which Activision-Blizzard has very -conveniently- decided is approximately the same day that -both- the Overwatch Open Beta and their reveal of the new Call of Duty should be on. Considering all of the comparisons made between Overwatch and Battleborn, I find it hard to believe this is just a coincidence. This raises the question, then, of why is Blizzard so afraid of a game that isn't really even in the same genre?

Overwatch is a good game, if you want something like TF2, but made by Pixa...Er, Blizzard. Battleborn is a MOBA-lite. Both play very differently, have drastically different TTKs, etc., so why is Activision-Blizzard pulling out all their guns to try and kill Battleborn?
    They don't need to fear a competing product to want to compete against the product. It's just smart business..

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    > comparing FPS to a MOBA/hybrid

something like Counter-Strike must be the worst game imaginable for you then
    Yeah, it is a bit reaching to compare the two. As others have stated, it is probably just because of Blizzard's scheduling around Battleborn, along with them being Hero-based, that gets the two thrown together. It's hard not to. I'd sooner compare TF2 and Overwatch, but that's not much of what this thread is about.
    ---
    Just because a game lacks those elements doesn't make me immediately throw it out. I can enjoy that game with friends, but to me it is something I'd do occasionally and not constantly. Worst game material for me usually has little to do with the game, and more the fact they're REALLY bad PC ports D: Unless the game hands you goodies constantly "press w to win".

---------

An extra bit between the Overwatch and Battleborn discussion. I much prefer Battleborn's comedy/humor, as expected from Gearbox. Character commentary/behavior felt a lot more memorable too.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Overwatch wasn't much fun in beta testing, and Battleborn looks fairly similar so I'm not very interested in either.

However, this practice of conveniently scheduling release dates on competitor's release dates has been common for a long time. So "afraid" is probably a poor choice of words. Blizz has frequently done things like that in the past, like releasing a major x.1/x.2./x.3 patch for wow on another games release date like swtor or Guild Wars 2. It's a slightly jerk move, but not at all rare in the games industry.

The only content you have to pay additionally for are additional solo/co-op story missions. New maps and characters will be free. I was able to get the Digital Deluxe for $56 on Greenmangaming, meaning I basically got the Season Pass for more than free since it comes with it.

The free stuff coming for Overwatch is the same kind of stuff people will get free from Battleborn. You only pay more if you're also into the story mode missions.
    So one of the major part of the game though requires more payments. That's still not great, but meh.

We'll find out shortly enough which one is "more successful" at least, but while Blizzard does traditionally release things in competitive ways like with WoW and other MMOs, I don't think it's really applicable here. If they really wanted to "compete", why would they have the early access beta start on the release date, and not the open beta itself? Also Tuesday just happens to be the go to day for game releases, and the day Blizzard has maintenance on their servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Battleborn is more of a class based FPS with MOBA mechanics then an actual MOBA...
    Hence why I compared it to Paladins.

This thread was designed to be a game vs game thread and should be locked.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This thread was designed to be a game vs game thread and should be locked.
    It certainly wasn't intended at all to be that. If the discussion went that way it was because of the folks who replied and made it one.

Deleted
    wasnt the early access announced before the battleborn release date :S

It's a Tuesday. Lots of gaming things happen on a Tuesday.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Dark Souls 3 is better than WoW + Overwatch + Call of Duty added together.

Now that we got that out of the way if your worried about Bobby Coktick sniping your release be ready to move it up at a moments notice.
    Last edited by teddabear; 2016-05-02 at 02:02 AM.