Poll: what say you

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ratchet and clank movie

Didnt know what forum to put this in since its a video game movie.

im going to go see the movie in 3d a couple hours with my two nephews

reviews have been... pretty meh about it, but most of the reviews do say fans of the series would love it so im excited to go see it.

the game is selling like crazy and doing really well but this movie got dumped right inbetween jungle book and civil war with almost no promotion to die. luckily its budget seems to be crazy small at only 20 million (and according to wikipedia they actually used assets from the game to make the movie)

im hoping with its tiny almost crazy tiny budget that it makes enough for a sequel.

came out yesterday in na, has anyone seen it yet?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    I don't like the fact that they portray Ratchet as a kid in the movie compared to the more mature and adult lombax we see in the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    I don't like the fact that they portray Ratchet as a kid in the movie compared to the more mature and adult lombax we see in the games.
    i never really thought of ratchet as an adult. hes more like a teenager.

theres some innuendo jokes in the games but ultimately by todays standards the series isnt even considered t for teen anymore since the remake collection got rerated e for everyone.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I stopped watching cartoons in my teens. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    I stopped watching cartoons in my teens. No thanks.
    yet you're on a warcraft forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    loved the games, but can't see it being a very good film unfortunately :S

just saw the movie. IT WAS AWESOME @_@

i only have 2 complaints

1. it was very clear they wrote the story as a video game first and a movie second, which meant it felt alot like it needed an extra 30m - 1h

2. ratchet and clank didnt interact nearly as much as they shouldve. in the games he on your back all the time but in this movie they spent most of their time apart so if you hadnt played the games their bond wouldnt have really felt all that real

however if you are at all a fan of the games it was amazing (and i noticed that this movie was funded by a chinese company in hong kong, which means it will end up bypassing alot of the restrictions movies have in china which given its fucking tiny budget a sequel is almost guaranteed despite lower than expected domestic results)

BEST PART IN THE WHOLE MOVIE,

clank is scanning ratchet to figure out what species he is and you see daxter, sly cooper, and i think.. some sort of playstation avatar thingy? idk but seeing daxter and sly was awesome

- - - Updated - - -

also.

qwark. qwark is so qwark in this movie its insane.

as someone whos favorite character in the games was qwark hearing all his dumb one liners come pouring out of that butt chin was hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it prints money, company doesnt care if it has bad rating.

But i would love to see as a movie:
    MDK
    Neverhood (i think movie was canceled)
    Duke nukem
    Half-Life
    Elder scrools
    Live action pokemon movie (yeh anime versions kinda suck -- but in a hands of a decent director they could make a gem-- also no Ash)
    etc..
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I really don't understand why they made a movie. The games were never popular as far as i know and there hasn't been a new one since maybe ps2.

The same goes with the Skylanders stuff. It all came from Spyro which was never popular either and he has all but disappeared from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    The games were never popular as far as i know and there hasn't been a new one since maybe ps2.
    You seriously have got to be trolling. You apparently were born under a rock or something. And besides, there were, what, 4 of them on the PS3? Five if you count the Pirate stand-alone DLC one?

I can't find anyone to go with, so I may just go alone. Movie starts in like 3 hours, unfortunately it's the 3d version. Hate wasting money on those, because my eyes get used to the effect and they just appear as 2d movies again -__-
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Not sure whether to spend money on this in theaters or not.

After hearing Angry Joes review it almost seems like you are better off just playing the game. The game and the movie follow the same story line, the games cut scenes are directly from the movie (and those that aren't are practically in the same damn CGI quality that you can hardly tell the difference) and the game explains everything better overall....
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcanyon View Post
    The games were never popular as far as i know and there hasn't been a new one since maybe ps2.
    You clearly have no idea what you're talking about so let me help you out. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratche...#Future_series

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Not sure whether to spend money on this in theaters or not.

After hearing Angry Joes review it almost seems like you are better off just playing the game. The game and the movie follow the same story line, the games cut scenes are directly from the movie (and those that aren't are practically in the same damn CGI quality that you can hardly tell the difference) and the game explains everything better overall....
    The movie did nothing for me after playing the game. All of the best scenes from the movie are in the game for the most part. Game is stellar, movie was meh at best and very rushed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    yet you're on a warcraft forum.
    The immaturity of trying to seem more mature by looking down on people for enjoying a medium is what amused me the most about them posting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I've heard if you play the game you get a superior and more complete experience, so I guess I'll do that, sadly. I was looking forward to the movie too.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I've heard if you play the game you get a superior and more complete experience, so I guess I'll do that, sadly. I was looking forward to the movie too.
    imo, its better if you watch the movie first.

the movie definitely feels like it needs the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    (and those that aren't are practically in the same damn CGI quality that you can hardly tell the difference)
    thats because they used video game assets to make the movie. tbh i bet most of that 20 million went towards voice actors

thats because they used video game assets to make the movie. tbh i bet most of that 20 million went towards voice actors
    Nah, it's actually the reverse. Re using the assets for the game allowed them to sell it at the discounted price of $39.99 as it saved a lot of money. Usually creating art assets is the majority of a game budget. That's the only way you would ever see a full AAA game launching at $40.

either way, 20 million is insanely tiny for an animated movie that looks that good.

if they can manage to keep the budget that low i dont see how we wont see a sequel since its opening in china

either way, 20 million is insanely tiny for an animated movie that looks that good.

if they can manage to keep the budget that low i dont see how we wont see a sequel since its opening in china
    None of Rainmaker's movies cost much money to make. Their animation is not at that pixar level, no where near as smooth and they usually go with cheaper lesser known actors as well. Hell up until 3 years ago they where just making straight to dvd shit.

Deleted
    Lol, the "movie" is just the in-game cut scenes put together. Seriously, I'm not joking, it's the cut scenes, there is no new content.

So to those who have seen the movie...

I know it's not a great movie, but that aside...compared to OTHER video game movies.....is it not utter garbage?

VG movies just....have a huge hole to dig themselves out of, and I was hoping this was going to be the one since the game devs had so much to do with the actual development of the movie itself.

Oh well..

Here's hoping for Warcraft to fill that spot of "Finally a VG movie that isn't utter garbage".
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.