It'll be interesting to see if Sansa and Jon succumb to the desire for revenge. It's a running theme in the show/books for the nicer characters to become that which they seek to fight against.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Thormund doesn't say Jon is dead. He says "I thought he would be the one to lead us against the long night. I guess I was wrong.". He very well could be talking about Mance. Or if he was saying it about Jon, he didn't see Jon rise. So maybe Jon lays low for a minute.

We're talking about the show. And he was what, 5 last time we saw him? Everyone was whiney at 5. But usually when people say people are whining about things they're actually just saying them.
    Rickon is a prisoner with the Umbers who side with the Boltons, so I don't see the Umbers schooling Rickon in anything, sword or books, he is probably in some cell..he'll be like Theon somewhat, shadow of his potential...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It'll be interesting to see if Sansa and Jon succumb to the desire for revenge. It's a running theme in the show/books for the nicer characters to become that which they seek to fight against.
    Killing Ramsay wouldn't be soley revenge imo. Ramsay is a psychopath who needs to be destroyed. The dude skins people alive, lets dogs eat babies, and cuts off dongs. And not to mention the Boltons fucked the Starks.

As for Jon, it's what they do in the knights watch. If they would have made an attempt on their lord commander and failed, they would have been executed. Each and every mutineer. Just like when Jon killed Janos for disobeying an order. So if Jon kills the mutineers it would be because they committed treason and/or they can not be trusted to be left alive.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

just woke up...

did the internet explode when they showed john wake up?

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    I don't really get why Roose would keep Ramsay around. He was just a sadistic bastard with no redeeming quality. No fighting skills, no education. Why risk it?
    He had no heir until tonight. Once he had a true born heir, Ramsay's position was compromised.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    Fuck all the other houses, I'm back. That's all that matters.

you lied to me.. you said you were dead

The WunWun wall smash was the best thing in that episode.

I saw that arrow hit him and just thought:

Last edited by Hexian; 2016-05-02 at 04:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    The WunWun wall smash was the best thing in that episode.

I saw that arrow hit him and just thought:

I thought you meant the other wall smash at first, they were both entertaining.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why do I have to keep hearing shaggydog? Is this the new cuck? Or mary sue? Or other random internetz trend. He isn't pointless. He was young, had little lines and screentime, but he's a big part of the story.
    Shaggydog is the name of Rickon's dire wolf, he has such a childish name because Rickon was barely out of nappies when the Starks got their wolves. Ironically, the wolf with the silliest name is probably the most feral and wild and crazy of all the wolves the Starks had. I wonder if he's going to show up or not.

How likely is it that Shireen's sacrifice payed for Jon's resurrection? Only death can pay for life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    How likely is it that Shireen's sacrifice payed for Jon's resurrection? Only death can pay for life.
    I think thats the way it'll go in the books. Remember though, Thoros has been bringing Beric back to life time and time again without paying anything, except for Berics sense of self, but that could be explained by the constantly dying.

Yeah, I think (though not sure) the life sacrifice thing was kind of made up for the show. As far as I recall, in the books, people were burned only for their sins/crimes, not in hopes of getting something from the Red God. Though it's been awhile since I read about any of the burnings.

Meanwhile in the Iron Isles, we've finally gotten to A Feast For Crows!

Ultimately actors will say what they're paid to say.

Personally I wish that Jon would have stayed dead. I generally dislike characters coming back from the dead because it screws over people who liked other characters who won't come back.

...but I realised long ago that I generally loathe the characters the majority likes and root for those that are largely despised, like Cersei. I find antagonists more intriguing though.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Yeah, I think (though not sure) the life sacrifice thing was kind of made up for the show. As far as I recall, in the books, people were burned only for their sins/crimes, not in hopes of getting something from the Red God. Though it's been awhile since I read about any of the burnings.
    Melisandre burned some Florents if I recall to get good winds on their way to the Wall.

But "only death can pay for life" is a big part of magic in the books. Presumably, Khal Drogo's, Viserys's and Mirri Maz Duur's life payed for the three dragons. There are many other example where this might be the case.

Melisandre burned some Florents if I recall to get good winds on their way to the Wall.

But "only death can pay for life" is a big part of magic in the books. Presumably, Khal Drogo's, Viserys's and Mirri Maz Duur's life payed for the three dragons. There are many other example where this might be the case.
    Catelyn was brought back at the cost of Thoros' life too, if I recall correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    In the trailer Thormund says Jon Snow is dead, which he hasn't said yet in the first 2 episodes, hopefully he sticks around long enough to say it n see he was wrong...but the old jon snow is gone...I wonder if we'll see a bit of Lady Stoneheart in Jon Snow, or maybe in Sansa when she reaches the wall..Ned Stark's litter will be hungry for revenge against anyone...

I wonder who is the voice that says to Tyrion "Do you like games, little man?" Leader of the harpies, will be played by whom?

- - - Updated - - -

That was all Rickon contributed to the show/books, whining about his damn wolf in every sentence...he was utterly useless...

Victarion?
    Monumental spoilers for the rest of the season IF YOU CLICK TO REVEAL. (yes I know it's a spoiler discussion, relax.)

It's believed that's actually Ramsay doing the voice, and that showing Tyrion in the trailer is just to throw us. An extra who takes part in the episode 9 battle reveals that.

Seriously, last chance to turn back..

The battle is between Jon and Ramsay, and that just before an all out battle begins, Ramsay has rickon by his side and says the line "Do you like games little man? Well, you have a choice. Stay. Or run to your bastard brother".

Rickon runs. And the trailer shot where the Bolton army loads and fires there arrows is Ramsay giving them the order to bring Rickon down as he runs to Jon. Jon see's what Ramsay has done as Rickon sprints for his life towards Jon. He charges on his horse, however Rickon gets hit. It's unconfirmed if he lives or dies.

As for the outcome of the battle, I'll spill the details on request.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-05-02 at 06:31 AM.
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

It's part of the shadowbinders magic, sure. The sorcerers of Asshai, like the House of the Undying sorcerers in Qarth, are a much darker magic. What's interesting is that Melisandre is part of both worlds - she is from Asshai, and studied there, but she's also a priestess of R'hllor, a god from Volantis. And in her representation in both mediums, television and show, we're led to believe all her power is coming from R'hllor, which, coincidentally, I think she believes as well.

Of course, that doesn't explain why Thoros can rezz Beric, but Thoros is also a pretty damn lousy priest by his own admission, and not likely channeling R'hllor.

So glad Euron isn't an old man and threw that piece of shit Balon into the sea lol. Euron is a badass wait and see.

Holy fuck.

That was more like it.