Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Family of rapper to sue police for killing her.

Syracuse police said Ridgeway brandished a sawed-off shotgun when an officer shot and killed her. Family members and Lichtmacher have said they have not reviewed an autopsy, but Ridgeway's mother said she saw her daughter's body and that she was shot four times.

"A Syracuse Police Department Officer ... shot her multiple times, without any legal reason to use any force, much less the excessive and deadly force they employed," the notice states. "After the shooting, as (Ridgeway) lay bleeding and screaming in pain and fear, the officers dragged her, face down in the snow to an ambulance."

Source: http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.s...art_river_home
    Now the draggin part comes off as a bit odd. I'd need to see proof of this claim, but the red bolded part makes me go O_o

Now the fact she had an illegal short barrel shotgun is just another pile of derp. Merely owning something of that nature without proper paperwork is a minimum 10 year federal charge by itself. (for those unaware, if a shotgun has less than an 18" barrel it has to be approved by the ATF - you can't just go "buy it at a gun store over the counter")
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-05-02 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Now the draggin part comes off as a bit odd. I'd need to see proof of this claim, but the red bolded part makes me go O_o

Now the fact she had an illegal short barrel shotgun is just another pile of derp. Merely owning something of that nature without proper paperwork is a minimum 10 year federal charge by itself. (for those unaware, if a shotgun has less than an 18" barrel it has to be approved by the ATF - you can't just go "buy it at a gun store over the counter")
    This is a weird mix of pro and anti gun.....WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand what being mentally ill has to do with it. If she pulled a shotgun on the cop then he had the right to defend himself.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    I don't understand what being mentally ill has to do with it. If she pulled a shotgun on the cop then he had the right to defend himself.
    You know I need to edit the title I think. It was a copy and paste job, I assumed it was a claim of the family.

You know I need to edit the title I think. It was a copy and paste job, I assumed it was a claim of the family.
    Oh I get that it is. I'm just sick of mental illness being brought into this shit by the news and by the families. If you pull a gun on the cops then they are likely to shoot back. Doesn't matter if you're mentally ill or not. Also the obsession that people have with how many shots the cop fires needs to go away. They're trained to shoot until they're certain the criminal isn't a threat anymore. It's simple as that.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    You missed the 'of', now it looks like a family rapper came back from the dead to sue the police.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    This is a weird mix of pro and anti gun.....WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE REAL TITAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    it could just be pro right ...anti wrong , Mentally ill subject had access to a weapon(wrong), that weapon is also illegal(obviously wrong) (unless it was stamped and approved) and that subject waved it around at the police.(wrong) And NOW the family is complaining?(wrong way after the fact)

4 shots?
    Ehh...kind of within the realm of "normal" with an armed subject with most of the training I have had and seen.
    Non standard, but within the realm.
    I am kind of surprised it was not a "failure to stop" shooting pattern , 2 to the body one to the head,however not being there...I am making a guess.
    I would be curious to see the rest of the story though, there had to be a reason to drag the subject to the medical people rather than let the medics go to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    You missed the 'of', now it looks like a family rapper came back from the dead to sue the police.
    ????

"Family of rapper to sue police for killing her."

Not sure I follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    ????

"Family of rapper to sue police for killing her."

Not sure I follow.
    Nvm, you fixed it. Just keep pretending like it never happened.

Nvm, you fixed it. Just keep pretending like it never happened.
    I've only editted the title one single time. Not sure what to tell you.

I mean, if you wave an illegal shotgun at anyone else who has a gun, especially a cop, you'll probably get shot.

I don't really see where they were in the wrong. If she was actually waving a shotgun at them then it's her own damn fault. That's legit self defence on their part.

Deleted
    She dindu nuffin. She was a good boy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only editted the title one single time. Not sure what to tell you.
    Then maybe a mod fixed it. Or magics. Whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so confused. Where is the real Titan!

Then maybe a mod fixed it. Or magics. Whatever.
    maybe you injected too many marijuanas.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    maybe you injected too many marijuanas.
    lol spit out my milk

well TECHNICALLY you could just go to the gun store and buy the shotgun over the counter, then go to the hardware store and buy the hacksaw....but yea, still a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    it could just be pro right ...anti wrong , Mentally ill subject had access to a weapon(wrong), that weapon is also illegal(obviously wrong) (unless it was stamped and approved) and that subject waved it around at the police.(wrong) And NOW the family is complaining?(wrong way after the fact)

4 shots?
    Ehh...kind of within the realm of "normal" with an armed subject with most of the training I have had and seen.
    Non standard, but within the realm.
    I am kind of surprised it was not a "failure to stop" shooting pattern , 2 to the body one to the head,however not being there...I am making a guess.
    I would be curious to see the rest of the story though, there had to be a reason to drag the subject to the medical people rather than let the medics go to her.
    Obviously I wasnt there, but from what I've seen, the only reason to take the person to the medics as opposed to them coming to her would be if the scene wasnt safe or stabilized (ie. an unruly crowd) and the medics didn't want to come in for that reason. Seeing how this shooting happened last month and police reports for incidents like take a while to complete, if I was wagering man I would wager the whole dragged to the car thing was basically made up to make the cop's behavior seem egregious. I clicked the link and the comments about the hospital were quite funny. Apparently the hospital she was transported to is like 2 1/2 miles away and a trauma unit unlike the one a mile away. Not sure how the extra mile and a half takes 10-15 minutes unless the medics ran to the hospital instead of driving her.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    well TECHNICALLY you could just go to the gun store and buy the shotgun over the counter, then go to the hardware store and buy the hacksaw....but yea, still a felony.
    Well yes, technically you are right. LOL

I can also technically make a suppressor out of some piping, threaded end caps, some freezer plugs, and a simple drill press. =P

yea but its so much nicer when you have access to a lathe...approved form 1 permitting of course.