Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    well he's also locked up the white racist vote with that recent kkk endorsement.
    Yeah, because he can control who endorses him.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Trump's big thing seems to be, "The rules are fucked up, but I've played the game by the rules as they were, and I made a lot of money doing that. But the rules are fucked up, so let's change the rules."

It doesn't matter to Trump's followers that he's engaged in the behaviors he's railing against. To them, it's just proof that he knows how the rigged system works so that he can tear it down better.

To the rest of us, we look at Trump and think he's there for the benefit of Trump, either by pocketbook or by ego.

OT: "Rape" is a very strong word that shouldn't be used in this context. But China is manipulating their currency, which is sort of the equivalent of throwing up massive tariffs on everything we want to sell to them. It's strange that we work on Free Trade deals to get rid of tariffs, but when China is de facto tariffing our goods, we aren't retaliating.
    This is a very accurate description of what lots of Trump people think. They know he's taken advantage of the situations setup by these trade deals and the like and think that because he's done so he's better positioned to know both how they work and how to destroy them. I certainly can't vouch for his true willingness to do so and whatnot but there's quite a few people who freely accept that he and others they've supported have gamed the system using the very tactics they're fighting against. The criteria of judgment rests on whether or not they actively pursue their destruction once empowered politically.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    The mechanism we would have to use is the WTO.
    We should not have to bow to anyone or ask permission for anything. Thats why Trump is who we all want. He puts AMERICA first and not the UN or the WTO, or the WHO, or some other stupid international body

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Except Trump doesnt own the company that makes those ties. That company licensed the Trump name. He has no control over where they are made.

Also saying China is raping our economy is an expression that 90% of average Joes would use, thats why so many like him, he doesnt sugarcoat everything. He talks like a normal person and not a politician
    I have already tried to explain that to him but you know how that went. He is the type that believe George Forman made all those grills because his name is on them

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    I have already tried to explain that to him but you know how that went. He is the type that believe George Forman made all those grill because his name is on them
    Them goalposts are a shiftin when your can't make your argument.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I can't say anything that isn't best summed up in this image right here.

Pay more attention to what the man does than the blowhard things he blows hard.

It really reminds me of this video.

Question for all you resident forum Trump bashers
    if Trump is all about the profit greedy and all and the reason why some products with his name on it is made off shore then why would he want to change trade deals he is making so much profit off of ?

10+ Year Old Account
    if Trump is all about the profit greedy and all and the reason why some products with his name on it is made off shore then why would he want to change trade deals he is making so much profit off of ?
    What makes you think he does?
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    he knows that stuff won't get done during his presidency.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Well, I can think of a lot worse things to be raped with.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Well, I can think of a lot worse things to be raped with.
    like a cactus?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's lying through his teeth to get suckers that believe that to vote for him. If he ever got office he would conveniently forget he ever proposed such a thing. A business man like Trump lowering his profits? Hah

Trumps stance on trade isn't that much different than that of Bernie Sanders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Except Trump doesnt own the company that makes those ties. That company licensed the Trump name. He has no control over where they are made.

Also saying China is raping our economy is an expression that 90% of average Joes would use, thats why so many like him, he doesnt sugarcoat everything. He talks like a normal person and not a politician
    But he controls who uses the brand, if he truly believed what he says he would not authorize the use of his name in products made in China and instead would offer cheaper deals to companies that manufacture them in the US.

10+ Year Old Account

and the business goes under thousands of jobs lost got it
    Seams more productive to stay in the game and change the rules then get out go under and nothing changed
    Sounds like you're a bit delusional on what a drastic policy change would do to trump and other clothing companies.

Unless of course you are suggesting that Trump is poised and ready for just such a policy shift... in which case, ulterior motive realized.

7+ Year Old Account
    We should not have to bow to anyone or ask permission for anything. Thats why Trump is who we all want. He puts AMERICA first and not the UN or the WTO, or the WHO, or some other stupid international body
    If you sign an agreement you live up to the deal or pull out. The US uses the WTO as a bludgeon in many cases to get it's way on trade issues. It greatly benefits the US. This is why Trump supporters like you are laughed at when you bless us with genius remarks like this. You have no idea what you are talking about and why a situation is the way it is. Bumper sticker sloganeering make make you feel warm and fuzzy but doesn't stand up to facts and actual reality.

http://www.cato.org/publications/com...membership-wto
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is false. There are plenty of "made in America" brands.

And you're again contradicting your prior claim that Trump had nothing to do with this. And contradicting Trump's own argument, in the OP.

You're lauding Trump for winning at "the game", at the same time you're defending Trump's claim that China's "raping" the USA by "winning" that same game, while on top of that contradiction claiming that Trump somehow doesn't own the companies that he owns that are "winning" in the first place.

Fractal wrongness.

- - - Updated - - -

Outsourcing product production doesn't mean you aren't profiting from the sales, which was what you'd originally claimed; that Trump didn't own his own companies and made no profit off of them. All you're doing here is frantically shifting the goalposts to avoid admitting to that.
    IF he does own the company, Im Pretty sure it goes like this. Trump says I want to sell ties. He puts out an announcement asking for bids. Company submits bids, Trump chooses one based on profitability. He doesnt get to dictate where they will be made

7+ Year Old Account
    IF he does own the company, Im Pretty sure it goes like this. Trump says I want to sell ties. He puts out an announcement asking for bids. Company submits bids, Trump chooses one based on profitability. He doesnt get to dictate where they will be made
    Uh he issues announcement saying he doesn't want anyone who manufactures in China. Of course he can dictate where they are made. Does logic get removed from you when you decide to become a Trump supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    If you sign an agreement you live up to the deal or pull out. The US uses the WTO as a bludgeon in many cases to get it's way on trade issues. It greatly benefits the US. This is why Trump supporters like you are laughed at when you bless us with genius remarks like this. You have no idea what you are talking about and why a situation is the way it is. Bumper sticker sloganeering make make you feel warm and fuzzy but doesn't stand up to facts and actual reality.

http://www.cato.org/publications/com...membership-wto
    To argue that we couldn't see benefits under a system that is much less abusive and destructive to jobs at home is actually the issue. That we benefit from the situation as is isn't in dispute, but it isn't the one we prefer. An economy strong on localism with enough nationalism to protect the regular citizens and a reduced globalism and corporate offshoring would be just fine for everyone except those who make their gold plated bread off the system as is.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    To argue that we couldn't see benefits under a system that is much less abusive and destructive to jobs at home is actually the issue. That we benefit from the situation as is isn't in dispute, but it isn't the one we prefer. An economy strong on localism with enough nationalism to protect the regular citizens and a reduced globalism and corporate offshoring would be just fine for everyone except those who make their gold plated bread off the system as is.
    I don't have issues with looking after workers and local economies in any and all trade agreements. However as I said a bumper sticker argument that ignore the realities of our current situation are hardly a stepping stone to actually addressing issues that you or I might agree upon.