Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    How do we get Thrall's mace while he's still alive and part of the Horde?
    We get garona's blades, we get Alleria's bow and she was as much of an Alliance character as it can be (of course she'll probably be neutral now like most big time heroes to include the other faction on the story) we get the scythe of elune that was under alliance hands.
    The class factions are neutral, it wouldn't be strange at all to have us go to the battlefield get his sword like we do with Tyrion's. We are not acting under the Alliance or Horde banner for the most part on this expansion.

The only explanation I see as to why we don't get Varian's sword is, he'll use them later.
    The reason why we get the scythe of elune and Allerias bow, is because they are seeded as either lost or mythic weapens. Allieria is gone, so her bow is something which is neautral. Her connection to the alliance is not something which the game has showed in action. The scythe of Elune is a legendary artifact in its own right already, and it has never been used. Since it has never been used to battle the Horde or the Alliance, it is a neutral thing.

I just don't really see the blades of Varian Wrynn as something legendary or mythic. Sure, they have a unique design, but they have not shown to hide any special power or ability. They are on the same power lvl as Saurfangs cleaver. Proberly a good weapen, but not really legendary.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Half of the alliance is already furious with the horde after the broken shore, imagine how mad they'd be if horde warriors went back and stole varian's swords.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Half of the alliance is already furious with the horde after the broken shore, imagine how mad they'd be if horde warriors went back and stole varian's swords.
    Actually I'd say it's fitting. Look at it from the other way around. Alliance shamans get a Horde weapon shoved down their throat, so Horde warriors get an Alliance weapon shoved down their throat.

The answer to the thread title is simple. Because Blizzard makes the game and decides what classes get, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    The answer to the thread title is simple. Because Blizzard makes the game and decides what classes get, that's why.
    If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute why even post

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    If you have nothing worthwhile to contribute why even post
    Don't ask a question you already know the answer to

Warriors should've gotten varians swords, in my opinion.

But I also think frost DKs should've gotten ACTUAL frostmourne in all its 2h glory. They made sure to ruin that dream.

The difference between Doomhammer and Varian's sword is that Thrall gives Doomhammer to the player. A horde character taking the sword off the Alliance's beloved and recently deceased King is not really the same type of thing.

I'm not saying its a bad idea since I think the narrative would be a lot more interesting than whats there, I just dont think its comparable to Doomhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Hell if I know. Our current artefact weapons are hideous. Good thing there's a gorehowl-like axe skin for it.

I love the lore, etc., for the Warrior Class Hall and weapons (except maybe the Arms one), but the weapons I really wish Fury Warriors had gotten are Magni's. I mean, it's not like he's using them.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Not only do they look like rubbish, they're totally insignificant. Nobody knows or even cares about his swords. I've been playing this game since 2004 and I don't even know their names.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    Not only do they look like rubbish, they're totally insignificant. Nobody knows or even cares about his swords. I've been playing this game since 2004 and I don't even know their names.
    But you know Felo'melorn?

But you know Felo'melorn?
    I'm sure there's a bunch of artifacts with fancy stories but face it, Ashbringer and Doomhammer are somewhat iconic in a sense that everybody knows about them and that's why they were given to players.

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I'm sure there's a bunch of artifacts with fancy stories but face it, Ashbringer and Doomhammer are somewhat iconic in a sense that everybody knows about them and that's why they were given to players.
    Right, but your point is moot because Felo'melorn also belonged to an actual character and was given to players even though its story is not as interesting. Therefore I fail to see why we can't get Varian's swords for the same reasons.

Right, but your point is moot because Felo'melorn also belonged to an actual character and was given to players even though its story is not as interesting. Therefore I fail to see why we can't get Varian's swords for the same reasons.
    They could have but they didn't. It wouldn't even fit warriors because they're dual wielded one handed weapons. You could argue that fury could have been SMF in Legion but I'm sure a majority of us warriors prefers TG.

I mean I would have loved Gorehowl but it doesn't really suit arms and you can't simply create a second one out of thin air for fury. It works for Doomhammer because it's a magical weapon for a magical class.
    Last edited by SDMF; 2016-05-03 at 02:54 PM.

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The reason why we get the scythe of elune and Allerias bow, is because they are seeded as either lost or mythic weapens. Allieria is gone, so her bow is something which is neautral. Her connection to the alliance is not something which the game has showed in action. The scythe of Elune is a legendary artifact in its own right already, and it has never been used. Since it has never been used to battle the Horde or the Alliance, it is a neutral thing.

I just don't really see the blades of Varian Wrynn as something legendary or mythic. Sure, they have a unique design, but they have not shown to hide any special power or ability. They are on the same power lvl as Saurfangs cleaver. Proberly a good weapen, but not really legendary.
    The scythe was used in battle against the forsaken who were invaded under specific orders from the warchief of the Horde.
    Varian's blades were legendary elven blades even before he got them. He's not the one who made them unique.

And let's not forget that a human fire mage can get a blade that the Blood Elves would hate to see on alliance hands for very specific reasons. There's even a horde leader involved on the quest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    The scythe was used in battle against the forsaken who were invaded under specific orders from the warchief of the Horde.
    Varian's blades were legendary elven blades even before he got them. He's not the one who made them unique.

And let's not forget that a human fire mage can get a blade that the Blood Elves would hate to see on alliance hands for very specific reasons. There's even a horde leader involved on the quest.
    There is no depiction of the scythe being used as a weapen in the war against the horde. It might have been a part of the Worgen transformation, but not as a battle weapen.
    Nobody knows that those blades are elven. It might be said in some book, but its not every man knowledge. If its not that, then you are just gonna alienate a lot of people, if you choose to use that as justification for people to get the blades.

And some of the new artifact weapens are dumb like that. I am not very satisfied with it, but i hope they will make some trans-faction connection with the weapen, so it works for both factions. I am not saying that they could not do the same with Varians blades; Im just saying that i can't come up with a way for it to work.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    There is no depiction of the scythe being used as a weapen in the war against the horde. It might have been a part of the Worgen transformation, but not as a battle weapen.
    Nobody knows that those blades are elven. It might be said in some book, but its not every man knowledge. If its not that, then you are just gonna alienate a lot of people, if you choose to use that as justification for people to get the blades.

And some of the new artifact weapens are dumb like that. I am not very satisfied with it, but i hope they will make some trans-faction connection with the weapen, so it works for both factions. I am not saying that they could not do the same with Varians blades; Im just saying that i can't come up with a way for it to work.
    I really don't see how it's better to have artifact weapons that didn't exist before Legion rather than artifact weapons that are actually established in lore, even if not everyone knows about them.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The difference between Doomhammer and Varian's sword is that Thrall gives Doomhammer to the player. A horde character taking the sword off the Alliance's beloved and recently deceased King is not really the same type of thing.

I'm not saying its a bad idea since I think the narrative would be a lot more interesting than whats there, I just dont think its comparable to Doomhammer.
    This is the correct post.