Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blacklamb View Post
    Of course we're frightened he will win, the only thing the man is good at is lying and starting shit. In fact, I heard that being spouted by Republicans this time last year, but now that he seems like he's the only option for beating Hilary, they're willing to shut their eyes to the truth just to spite her. It's terrifying. It's like voting for a dictator because your preferred candidate didn't get the nom. America is full of idiots, it's why the rest of the civilized world laughs at us.
    I am sure the US will be fine even if they laugh at us.

And you greatly overestimate the power of a president.

Most of Trumps "crazier" ideals will be slimmed and toned down by congress, who likely isn't too big a fan of him either.

It's interesting to look at it from past projections. If the dems win the states they've won since 1992 they only need 28 electoral college votes from other states to win. For the gop it's 168.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its especially ironic since Kasich is the only one who is actually beating Clinton in head to head polls. He still loses to Sanders, and his policy ideas are all stupid, but he was literally their only choice that could actually win.
    Kasich is the one moderate out of that clown car. He's not completely anti-science, not a religious nut, and not an incompetent populist. He's the one candidate I'd consider voting for a moment in a head to head with clinton. All of the rest are far more terrible outcomes than Clinton.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Pretty sure a large number of those people will not be willing to relocate. Then what?
    We will cross that bridge when it comes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Kasich is the one moderate out of that clown car. He's not completely anti-science, not a religious nut, and not an incompetent populist. He's the one candidate I'd consider voting for a moment in a head to head with clinton. All of the rest are far more terrible outcomes than Clinton.
    That's because Kaisch is a closet liberal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    This is my exact thinking as well. Trump knows people are fed up with the career politician's bull. He's going to feed into that hatred by utterly smearing every political mistake Clinton has made from Watergate to Benghazi...
    Here's a video he can use:

What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Lol, what laws and acts is Trump breaking by wanting to build a wall? Can you kindly point me in the law that says "YOU MUST NOT BUILD A WALL ON THE US / MEXICO BORDER"
    For one thing, he'd have to enact a fuckton of eminent domain, and you can bet that there's going to be a lot of unhappy people about that. It violates multiple EPA acts, including the endangered species act to not develop on endangered wildlife habitat. It would majorly interfere with watershed acts.

I'm not really sure why you even try, considering you've never once shown yourself to be competent in knowing about laws.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

7+ Year Old Account
    For one thing, he'd have to enact a fuckton of eminent domain, and you can bet that there's going to be a lot of unhappy people about that. It violates multiple EPA acts, including the endangered species act to not develop on endangered wildlife habitat. It would majorly interfere with watershed acts.

I'm not really sure why you even try, considering you've never once shown yourself to be competent in knowing about laws.
    Feeling is mutual.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because Kaisch is a closet liberal.
    Only if you completely discard what words mean.

Kasich's pretty far-right. He may seem moderate compared to the extremists he's competing with for the nomination, but he's further right than Romney or any of the Bushes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Some people would like an election to be between two useful, constructive outlooks, rather than crazy people and literally anyone else.

And just to be clear before anyone goes ballistic, by "crazy people", I pretty much exclusively mean Cruz and Trump.
    Well, so far 10,056,690 million Americans think Trump is just fine.

But don't worry Endus, he will never win so don't you worry your pretty little head about it. Go right some other wrongs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Only if you completely discard what words mean.

Kasich's pretty far-right. He may seem moderate compared to the extremists he's competing with for the nomination, but he's further right than Romney or any of the Bushes.
    That is the funniest thing I have read all day. Thank you.

But I suppose coming from folks such as yourself, Sanders must be a far right too.

I remember that when WoD came out I tried doing that gladiator arena on my mage, and my epic strat was just to ice block while everyone else killed each other, which obviously didn't work. That's basically Kasich's campaign in a nutshell.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    I remember that when WoD came out I tried doing that gladiator arena on my mage, and my epic strat was just to ice block while everyone else killed each other, which obviously didn't work. That's basically Kasich's campaign in a nutshell.
    Kasich is much too polite. He comes off as he is smoking weed or something.

Politics is dirty. There is no escaping that reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Well, so far 10,056,690 million Americans think Trump is just fine.

But don't worry Endus, he will never win so don't you worry your pretty little head about it. Go right some other wrongs.
    And 13,988,308 Americans think he isn't. And it's not "10,056,690 million" for Trump unless you are using TrumpMath.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Deleted
    BTW - just a little food for thought...(even though neither Romney or McCain ultimately won the Presidency)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve...-record-222510

With his five blowout wins Tuesday night, Donald Trump has passed Mitt Romney’s popular vote total from four years ago and is on a trajectory that could land him more Republican votes than any presidential candidate in modern history – by a lot.

Trump surged to more than 10 million votes, according to totals that include Tuesday’s preliminary results across the Northeast. That’s already about 250,000 more than Romney earned in the entire 2012 primary season and 153,000 more than John McCain earned in 2008.

More significantly, Trump is positioned to easily pass the modern record-holder, George W. Bush, who collected 10.8 million votes in 2000.

That presents an uncomfortable reality for anti-Trump forces: they’re attempting to thwart the candidate who is likely to win more Republican primary votes than any GOP contender in at least the last 36 years, and maybe ever.

In an email to POLITICO, University of Minnesota political science professor (and Smart Politics blogger) Eric Ostermeier noted that only eight candidates have won more than 7.5 million Republican primary votes since the advent of the modern primary and caucus system. Ronald Reagan won about 7.7 million votes in 1980, the fewest other than George W. Bush’s 7.6 million in 2004, when he didn’t face a primary challenge.

George H. W. Bush clocked in at 8.2 million votes in 1988 and 9.2 million in 1992, while Bob Dole earned 8.4 million in 1996.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve...#ixzz47cUONUlr
    Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    And 13,988,308 Americans think he isn't. And it's not "10,056,690 million" for Trump unless you are using TrumpMath.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...ote_count.html
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2016-05-03 at 06:50 PM.

Polls in a nutshell

"Look, person A is going to win!"
    "Polls are not reliable"

Poll favors the Opposite person

"Look, person B is going to win!"
    "Polls are not reliable"

15+ Year Old Account
    Feeling is mutual.
    Quoting someone who doesn't know the EPA and Bureau of Land Management are things saying this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    BTW - just a little food for thought...(even though neither Romney or McCain ultimately won the Presidency)

http://www.politico.com/blogs/twelve...-record-222510
    Doesn't surprise me one bit.

It's fascinating to watch everything unfold.

I wonder how many records are being broke by all the spending on anti-Trump efforts.

But I suppose coming from folks such as yourself, Sanders must be a far right too.
    Kasich ran on the premise of "breaking the back of organized labor in schools." He has cut more than half a billion dollars in funds to public schools each year. He signed into law a provision that prevents rape crisis councilors from mentioning or referring victims of rape to abortion providers.

Anti-union, anti-education, dangerously anti-choice.... yeah that just screams "liberal."

10+ Year Old Account

http://presidential-candidates.insid...14-john-kasich
    https://www.crowdpac.com/elections/2...ntial-election
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/findth...b_7562176.html

I have no earthly idea how you can think Kasich isn't heavily right-wing. Never seen anyone else make any such claim. It's just so obviously incorrect.

Sure, Sanders is moderately left, but so what?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quoting someone who doesn't know the EPA and Bureau of Land Management are things saying this.
    Can't say either of those things I care about. I don't own land nor particularly care about endangered species / the environment, so why would I need to know those rules you listed?