Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    that 'we are now ambassadors' post smelled like something blizzard wrote for them, or suggested.
    I hadn't thought of that to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I hadn't thought of that to be honest.
    from a machiveillian view it would be an excellent suggestion - blizzard needs to co-opt visible figures in the 'legacy server' subversive movement, and thus might be expected to have a playbook set up on how to help these nost guys (who have been pretty quiet afaik) try to annoint themselves spokespeoples.

lets see if they start getting (favorable to blizzard) press interviews in the online-gaming press, and if any reference to them as ambassadors or spokespeoples is in there.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Sounds more like a completely unjustified new high level of arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Sounds more like a completely unjustified new high level of arrogance.
    Please prove Mark Kern will not act in perfectly good faith in this matter

is that skinner in your avatar the guy who had pigeon-guided bombs?
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    is that skinner in your avatar the guy who had pigeon-guided bombs?
    No, the guy in my signature actually was the lead endgame content designer in WoD. He was responsible for anything else than raids.

from a machiveillian view it would be an excellent suggestion - blizzard needs to co-opt visible figures in the 'legacy server' subversive movement, and thus might be expected to have a playbook set up on how to help these nost guys (who have been pretty quiet afaik) try to annoint themselves spokespeoples.

lets see if they start getting (favorable to blizzard) press interviews in the online-gaming press, and if any reference to them as ambassadors or spokespeoples is in there.
    It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks I suspect that it will be strung out until a couple of weeks before the movie is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the guy in my signature actually was the lead endgame content designer in WoD. He was responsible for anything else than raids.
    Maybe he is a descendant of the other BF Skinner. Project Pigeon is something people don't actually believe upon first hearing of it. If he is following on his grandfather's work, it would would explain why the game feels tuned for birds.

- - - Updated - - -

It will certainly be interesting to see how this plays out over the next few weeks I suspect that it will be strung out until a couple of weeks before the movie is released.
    right, i figure that movie release is the very top of the list in the executive suite. I can just imagine the email - 'do whatever it takes to shut these people up until mid-summer at least'

Deleted
    Maybe he is a descendant of the other BF Skinner. Project Pigeon is something people don't actually believe upon first hearing of it. If he is following on his grandfather's work, it would would explain why the game feels tuned for birds.
    No, the guy in my signature actually is Joe Skinner, his son. He is actively working for blizzard. But i really hope he is going to do other things in Legion.

That pigeon-thing sounds amazing. Nearly as crazy as putting pigeons into boxes to condition their volition to repeat activities just for the reward.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, the guy in my signature actually is Joe Skinner, his son. He is actively working for blizzard. But i really hope he is going to do other things in Legion.

That pigeon-thing sounds amazing. Nearly as crazy as putting pigeons into boxes to codition their volition to repeat activities just for the reward.
    technology has moved beyond on point-defense weapons but it is interesting in that traditional ecm wouldn't phase the pigeons. to defend against such bombs, one would need something quickly lethal or incapacitating (which would also be the same for humans one assumes).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    i bet you would love kern when he would write a letter to blizzard that they should let myhtic gear drop in lfr
    No, i actually already love Kerns work without doing that.

It amuses me beyond believe.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2016-05-03 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, i actually already love Kerns work without doing that.

It amuses be beyond believe.
    Anyone who doesn't love the bus is humor-impaired.

Deleted
    technology has moved beyond on point-defense weapons but it is interesting in that traditional ecm wouldn't phase the pigeons. to defend against such bombs, one would need something quickly lethal or incapacitating (which would also be the same for humans one assumes).
    I really have to learn everything about pigeon bombs. Sounds like a funny thing to do next time theres a content drought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    then it would make you cry with joy
    Even without joy.

right, i figure that movie release is the very top of the list in the executive suite. I can just imagine the email - 'do whatever it takes to shut these people up until mid-summer at least'
    Yeah, I would not be surprised if we hear nothing until after the movie hype dies down at which point they will tell us that they have had productive meetings with Kern and the Nost team but still have things they need to work out.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if we hear nothing until after the movie hype dies down at which point they will tell us that they have had productive meetings with Kern and the Nost team but still have things they need to work out.
    Is that when we start getting the I Told You So's?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Is that when we start getting the I Told You So's?
    What do you mean.... start getting the I Told You So's? They've been pre-emptively going on, from both sides of the argument, since the news broke about Nost being shut down.

On a serious note I expect Blizzard to drag it out to a point where interest fizzles away, the movie and Legion release will help divert attention, rather than getting to a point where one side can lord their triumph over the other.
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-05-03 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    By the way, Nost will NOT release their source code and database as they said in the beginning, so that also says much about them. They used an open source shit and built upon it, but now that they were busted, they don't want to share their work to others that might continue.
    Umm it says

"we will still be publicly providing everything needed in order to setup your own “Nostalrius” if you are willing to."

right on Nost's main page.

Am i missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Anyway, their egos, or "epeens" (electronic penises) aside, here are a few links that may help:

I doubt it is a case of not wanting to share the source code rather than a case of not wanting to end up in court faced with a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
    No one can PROVE who wrote the code, so... It's more like Blizzard got to them :">

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Umm it says

"we will still be publicly providing everything needed in order to setup your own “Nostalrius” if you are willing to."

right on Nost's main page.

Am i missing something?
    Yeap, you're missing "Situation update - 1st May 2016". "Nostalrius source code and database won’t be released". And some lame ass excuses, which don't even contain "Blizzard will sue us", just some bullshit about their magnificent anticheat that they "don't want to release". LOL.

Give Legacy already? Then the armchair coders will stop already.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean.... start getting the I Told You So's? They've been pre-emptively going on, from both sides of the argument, since the news broke about Nost being shut down.

On a serious note I expect Blizzard to drag it out to a point where interest fizzles away, the movie and Legion release will help divert attention, rather than getting to a point where one side can lord their triumph over the other.
    Humor me this ... if I dont give a hoot about the current expansion, and will never see the movie because I feel Blizzard deserted me, how exactly WILL this topic go away? What if I never bought the last expansion and won't buy the next?

After 12 years of WoW .. half of which are (arguably) trashy .. people will just think .. ah yeah, movie is out, time to go home... it's done, go home. Can't have Legacy, expansion / movie is out. Go home .. lol?

LOL, can you seriously consider this as an outcome?? Disaster for Blizzard, if I still have 20/30 vision at least. Let Legacy fizzle out .. surely, you jest!
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-04 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Give Legacy already? Then the armchair coders will stop already.

- - - Updated - - -

Humor me this ... if I dont give a hoot about the current expansion, and will never see the movie because I feel Blizzard deserted me, how exactly WILL this topic go away? What if I never bought the last expansion and won't buy the next?

After 12 years of WoW .. half of which are (arguably) trashy .. people will just think .. ah yeah, movie is out, time to go home... it's done, go home. Can't have Legacy, expansion / movie is out. Go home .. lol?

LOL, can you seriously consider this as an outcome?? Disaster for Blizzard, if I still have 20/30 vision at least. Let Legacy fizzle out .. surely, you jest!
    Vocal minority issues are cyclical. Given enough time, everything passes into obscurity. People still want LFR removed, want flying at the start of an expansion, want garrisons removed, want Horde to stop losing, want Alliance to stop losing, etc etc. These issues will always exist, but eventually people get tired of the same rhetoric. When was the last time microtransactions and Pandarens been brought up as complaints? Yet there was a time when you couldn't avoid either topic at the height of their discussion. The discussion simply fizzles out over time, despite what people may still feel about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.