Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by p291u View Post
    This is a guy who regularly says things that would sink anyone else's campaigns, endures 24/7 negative ad cycles, he brands his opponents with hilarious monikers and character assassinations, and he does it all while rising in the polls and mowing down the competition. Yes, he is a gladiator. And he is exactly what the GOP needed this year, even if he's too left leaning for some of them to like.
    No, that's not called being a gladiator, that's called having a big mouth and catering to the very lowest denominator.

A trump Vs, Hillary ticket?

I'm going to have to buy some Ammo.

If trump becomes president every Mexican in the country is going to Riot (I live in AZ this is significant) and if Hillary wins, she will make every effort to make buying ammunition expensive, if not impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There have been very limited impeachments over the years. The impeachment of Andrew Johnson was the only one that had any real chance of success, and it was basically for incompetence.
    Bill Clinton did get impeached... I guess that depends on your definition of what "is" is...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    A trump Vs, Hillary ticket?

I'm going to have to buy some Ammo.

If trump becomes president every Mexican in the country is going to Riot (I live in AZ this is significant) and if Hillary wins, she will make every effort to make buying ammunition expensive, if not impossible.
    Can't you just make bullets pretty easily? Every meth built rocket ship around these parts has a space man making his own bullets. Can't be that difficult...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Here's another question: if Trump does manage to win will his supporters give him a pass when he fails to deliver on a single one of his promises? IN particular, in four years when there is no Wall, will it matter? Americans have short memories, particularly the under 110 group that are the principal Trump supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, that's not called being a gladiator, that's called having a big mouth and catering to the very lowest denominator.
    Salty. Say whatever you want, bottom line is that Trump is a master brander and master media manipulator. It works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Here's another question: if Trump does manage to win will his supporters give him a pass when he fails to deliver on a single one of his promises? IN particular, in four years when there is no Wall, will it matter? Americans have short memories, particularly the under 110 group that are the principal Trump supporters.
    No, democrats are to blame for their procedural filibuster of everything. This isn't unique... Happens every 8 years or so... Ask unequivocal Obama supporters why Cuba now has more access to U.S., than Gitmo has to lawyers. Same answer will happen for Trump...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bill Clinton did get impeached... I guess that depends on your definition of what "is" is...
    Yeah but that wasn't for incompetence, and had a zero percent chance of success. Johnson was damn near saved by a miracle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salty. Say whatever you want, bottom line is that Trump is a master brander and master media manipulator. It works.
    Don't forget baiter... He can catch a lot of salty fish... A true master...

Deleted
    Just checked something - every POTUS has either held an elected public office or was a military leader prior to being elected as President. Should Trump win he will be the first POTUS that has neither of those titles on his resume. Interesting.

Here is my prediction for the general election - Hillary is going to get beaten up so badly by Trump (if he actually does secure the nomination) during the months of June and July that come August (especially after the FBI finally finishes interviewing her and is in the middle of preparing charges) that the DNC will realize that HRC has NO chance of winning the election. At that time, Hillary will make a statement saying that she has some mysterious illness (linked to her incessant coughing) and that her doctors have advised her to drop out of the race. The DNC will then replace her with Biden who WILL give Trump a serious run for his money but will ultimately still lose the general election.

Even if this does not happen, and HRC by some miracle makes it to the general election, Trump will win in a landslide.

Remember, this was supposed to be just a lark. Trump wasn't serious. This was supposed to be over by August 2015. There was NO WAY (according to all of the "experts", as well as many folks on this board) that he would ever win a primary let alone become the Republican nominee. All Trump has done since he entered the race is prove time and again that all of the naysayers don't have a fucking clue.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again! America First!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Here's another question: if Trump does manage to win will his supporters give him a pass when he fails to deliver on a single one of his promises?
    The President has very limited ability to put things into motion, including the things Trump has proposed. The House and Senate can, and will, shut him down as much as they did Obama. His supporters should only blame him if Trump fails to even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the GOP is gone. What can they do now?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Don't forget baiter... He can catch a lot of salty fish... A true master...
    Well he did bait the zodiac killer into ranting and raving like a madman on national tv today and all he had to do was spend 2 minutes questioning a national enquirer conspiracy.

The President has very limited ability to put things into motion, including the things Trump has proposed. The House and Senate can, and will, shut him down as much as they did Obama. His supporters should only blame him if Trump fails to even try.
    The scary thing is though, the Tea Party types are great at coming out for midterms. Then again if Trump is President (knock on wood) that could galvanize the Dem base to turn up for midterms.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So the GOP is gone. What can they do now?
    Merge with the Dems and become the Neoliberal party.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Just checked something - every POTUS has either held an elected public office or was a military leader prior to being elected as President. Should Trump win he will be the first POTUS that has neither of those titles on his resume. Interesting.

Here is my prediction for the general election - Hillary is going to get beaten up so badly by Trump (if he actually does secure the nomination) during the months of June and July that come August (especially after the FBI finally finishes interviewing her and is in the middle of preparing charges) that the DNC will realize that HRC has NO chance of winning the election. At that time, Hillary will make a statement saying that she has some mysterious illness (linked to her incessant coughing) and that her doctors have advised her to drop out of the race. The DNC will then replace her with Biden who WILL give Trump a serious run for his money but will ultimately still lose the general election.

Even if this does not happen, and HRC by some miracle makes it to the general election, Trump will win in a landslide.

Remember, this was supposed to be just a lark. Trump wasn't serious. This was supposed to be over by August 2015. There was NO WAY (according to all of the "experts", as well as many folks on this board) that he would ever win a primary let alone become the Republican nominee. All Trump has done since he entered the race is prove time and again that all of the naysayers don't have a fucking clue.

Trump 2016! Making America Great Again! America First!
    You might notice that your whole scenario is based on ''arresting Hillary''. I hate to tell you that, but even a chipmunk would win against someone in jail The fact that Trumpists base their scenario of having no opponent showcase confidence.

What the ''experts'' tell you is that Trump is strikingly unpopular in any single group except ''angry white males''. What the experts told since day one is that they did not thought that the party was so out there that they would elect Trump.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2016-05-04 at 03:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but that wasn't for incompetence, and had a zero percent chance of success. Johnson was damn near saved by a miracle.
    From what I recall, it was basically Johnson telling the radical repubs to screw off, congress passed a law restricting his ability to keep or fire his cabnet, he fired Stanton anyways, Congress brought impeachment charges on that, then one senator said "This isnt a good idea' and voted to reject.

Which is something I'd sympathize with Johnson for, as he was trying to stay true to Lincoln but didnt have his amicability as well as defy an unconstitutional law. SO it wasnt really incompetence as it was flat out defying COngress's wishes.

The pathetic desire to look tough and virile in an completely inadequate setting. If we were in the Middle Ages, being able to swing a sword (AKA, being a gladiator when not trying to be manly for the sake of it-gladiators were not known for their intellectual prowess, not to mention presumably rigged matches) might have been a desirable trait. in 2016, it's an irrelevant trait.

Deleted
    You might notice that your whole scenario is based on ''arresting Hillary''. I hate to tell you that, but even a chipmunk would win against someone in jail The fact that Trumpists base their scenario of having no opponent showcase confidence.
    ??

Hmm, pretty sure I said FIRST that Trump would beat her up badly (by that, I mean her character) during the months of June and July - which he will. When he gets done with the lying, conniving, traitorous bitch she won't be able to show her face in public.

The pathetic desire to look tough and virile in an completely inadequate setting. If we were in the Middle Ages, being able to swing a sword (AKA, being a gladiator when not trying to be manly for the sake of it-gladiators were not known for their intellectual prowess, not to mention presumably rigged matches) might have been a desirable trait. in 2016, it's an irrelevant trait.
    Someone doesn't understand what a metaphor is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    The scary thing is though, the Tea Party types are great at coming out for midterms.
    Actually, I never thought about this before. Does the Tea Party like Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oftenwrongsoong View Post
    Good.

Ted Cruz is the anti-Christ. Thankfully after all of the bridges he burned to get to where he is, he's done in Washington.
    I totally want to flame you for such hateful rhetoric! Unfortunately, I agree with you 100%. I am just glad I don't have to hear Ted's whiny voice or see his stupid, weasely face anymore. Hallelujah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Yes, she would destroy me and my raging boner.
    In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem.