Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you chose PvP server. It is expected so don't complain.
    If you chose a PvE server, don't flag so you don't need to complain.

pretty simple really.

10+ Year Old Account
    All for it. Don't like it? There are things called PvE servers...try one.

Deleted
    We all could guess you would do such a thing, Jaylock.

I hate it but I chose to play with friends on a PvP server so I can't really complain when I get destroyed. I like it when a pvp hero attacks me and I pop every CD and the ring to kill him, he then proceeds to track me like he wants to prove me he is better than me, he probably is, but he won't have a chance to prove it.

Open PVP is just a mirror of our societies and the world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    But isn't that the risk you take when rolling a character on a PvP server? You willingly allow yourself to be killed even from higher level players.
    Yes it is a risk.. but I don't understand why you as the high level do it.. YOU GET NO FUCKING REWARD!

I never kill a low level, unless they engage me, in which case they begged to be killed..
    But I much rather help out than I wan't to ruin someones day.. If I find a player of the opposite faction while running around in some lower level zone, I will most likly just target the mobs he is fighting and one shotting it. Then move on..

I don't get the need to be a dick all the time.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I am curious to know anybody can join in order to play. You said that no skills required. So I am interested.

While I don't see the point in actively searching out people to gank but it happens from time to time if I see a group of lows at my location in need of some moonfire. When it happens to me I shrug and move on. Really it is something I accepted on both ends I picked a PVP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    People like you are taking a game way to seriously. Killing a low level while you run past them has nothing to do with been a "coward" or "A sense of superiority". Its just... killing another player. Nothing more.
    Maybe that's the excuse you make to feel better about it.
    If gankers didn't have any psychological reward, they wouldn't do it. You don't get any rewards in the game and it's not a challenge. So you tell me how they get rewarded if it's not a sense of superiority or fun at inflicting 'pain' (or annoyance if pain is too much of a word). The human brain seeks rewards.

Even 'doing it because you can' rewards you with a sense of superiority.

Also, I didn't even say that it's a bad thing. It's just something that doesn't give me any reward.
    Last edited by Shiroh; 2016-05-04 at 10:55 AM.

The way you define ganking, I'm fine with it. Just killing a lowbie once, is part of the game. It's going to get annoying if 500 people kill the same guy once, but that'll rarely happen. Camping I find disgusting and just plain harassment.

I hate PvP btw, so I play on a normal server.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrus View Post
    Yes it is a risk.. but I don't understand why you as the high level do it.. YOU GET NO FUCKING REWARD!

I never kill a low level, unless they engage me, in which case they begged to be killed..
    But I much rather help out than I wan't to ruin someones day.. If I find a player of the opposite faction while running around in some lower level zone, I will most likly just target the mobs he is fighting and one shotting it. Then move on..

I don't get the need to be a dick all the time.
    Back in the glory days of WPvP, pre-BG's, pre-honor system, when the push from SS to TM was real, there was no reward. PvP was the sport of killing people because they were opposing faction. Terms like "Red means dead" were born out of this. PvP in and of it self is the reward. You lying dead at my feet is the reward. I don't care how or why, so long as it's your blood on my blade, that is my reward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duano View Post
    There is absolutley no skill involved to do this. You are just being an ass to players lower then you. Which makes you a gigantic ass....
    No skill required Sometimes you need things like this in games to give a dangerous atmosphere. Back in Vanilla questing through STV was always a stressful, but amazing experience. Not only would the mobs have the ability to get out of control very quickly and kill you. You always had to be looking around for other players as well, both high and low levels. Yes, I understand it's unfair, but it doesn't always have to be fair. It added another level to the game that was super enjoyable. It's not really a huge issue for me nowadays as I play on a super Horde dominated server, which tends to not have much cross-realm Alliance either!

Just for funs. We used to actually level up Horde characters on our main server in Vanilla just to PvP while leveling through certain zones, STV and Hillsbrad being the most fun ones. The realm was way more Alliance populated so leveling as Horde was INSANELY fun, literally you would spend 10 minutes questing then 2-3 hours PvPing, generally ending up with us logging off due to being camped so badly

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll just leave it here: https://youtu.be/NB9NAnBEbhs

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    No skill required Sometimes you need things like this in games to give a dangerous atmosphere. Back in Vanilla questing through STV was always a stressful, but amazing experience. Not only would the mobs have the ability to get out of control very quickly and kill you. You always had to be looking around for other players as well, both high and low levels. Yes, I understand it's unfair, but it doesn't always have to be fair. It added another level to the game that was super enjoyable. It's not really a huge issue for me nowadays as I play on a super Horde dominated server, which tends to not have much cross-realm Alliance either!

Just for funs. We used to actually level up Horde characters on our main server in Vanilla just to PvP while leveling through certain zones, STV and Hillsbrad being the most fun ones. The realm was way more Alliance populated so leveling as Horde was INSANELY fun, literally you would spend 10 minutes questing then 2-3 hours PvPing, generally ending up with us logging off due to being camped so badly
    This^^ PvP isn't fair and nor should anyone expect it to be on a PVP server. If you want "fair", if that is even possible, then do a battleground or an arena match. PvP servers give players a unique experience, and if it's not the kinda thing you like, then just play on a PVP realm.

I personally don't like it, which is why I try to avoid PVP servers, but it is a risk you take when on a PVP server!

If you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    Maybe now the main "fun" of PvP server is what you are desribing - when I started playing at the time of EU release, there were no BGs, there were no arenas, I just wanted to have an opportunity to do PvP time to time. That's why I rolled on PvP server. It makes sense to pvp other players while questing and it was fun for both sides. What happened now is disgusting and this label "you play on PvP server so that's what you should expect" is total bullshit. It just an excuse how to spoil other players gaming experiences.

Deleted
    PvE servers > PvP servers.

Counter-strike is that way --->

Rolled druid on PvP server back in vanilla, got to level 10, went to Moonglade to do druid quest, got the hell ganked out of me, rerolled on PvE server. Never looked back.

corpse camping is kind of annoying
    not saying I never did that tho

10+ Year Old Account
    Generally speaking:
    Getting to Outlands at max level and kill everything in Thrallmar or Honor Hold respectively...
    Makes you such a beast, such an epic hero.

In my opinion, if you have to resort to such activities, chances are real PVP is what you might suck at, big time.
    Else you'd find more challenge (and with that fun) in level appropriate zones.

Otherwise, a quick fly by kill is nothing anyone can really object to, on a PVP server.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Sellest View Post
    Maybe now the main "fun" of PvP server is what you are desribing - when I started playing at the time of EU release, there were no BGs, there were no arenas, I just wanted to have an opportunity to do PvP time to time. That's why I rolled on PvP server. It makes sense to pvp other players while questing and it was fun for both sides. What happened now is disgusting and this label "you play on PvP server so that's what you should expect" is total bullshit. It just an excuse how to spoil other players gaming experiences.
    How so? You had preset expectations of a PVP realm and how players should behave. That doesn't mean what happens now is "disgusting" it just sounds like you don't like being on a PVP realm...ganking and corpse camping lowbies is EXACTLY what a PVP realm allows.