Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But the company can still sell their product.
    And you can still be a Jew with that little gold star, can't you? (See the point now?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    So which am I, an authoritarian or an anarchist?

I merely want businesses and people to be free to do as they like, so long as they do not harm others. Since GMO foods have been shown to be safe, then it makes no logical sense to regulate them by forcing labeling.
    So if a company produces a chemical byproduct that goes into the local water supply or atmosphere and kills or injures people around their business.....sorry about it, don't buy from us, buy from the company whose chemical byproduct won't poison the water supply in your community next time?
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So if a company produces a chemical byproduct that goes into the local water supply or atmosphere and kills or injures people around their business.....sorry about it, don't buy from us, buy from the company whose chemical byproduct won't poison the water supply in your community next time?
    What part of "harm" do you not understand?

Now, if you are trying to hint that GMO crops are dangerous, and organic ones are safe, then you may want to go do some actual research.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    How about you answer the question?

You seem to think the idea that there will always be rich people and always poor people is somehow untrue.
    It is untrue. We have more than enough resources to put every single 'poor person' into a home and have their basic needs met in the US. The basic necessities for the world will be achieved through AI management of global resources.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an unnecessary restriction. GMO foods are safe, so requiring them to be labeled is a regulation which has no point. It is pushed by fearmongers who are pushing an anti-GMO agenda.

It's no different than forcing an adopted child to wear a name tag that says he or she is adopted. Hell, it's the same as forcing people to do it for various religions and sexual preferences.
    I just don't see it. Nutrition label and ingredients list already exist. Cigarettes have a required warning label too.

This is a historically false premise, the ROI on public infrastructure and services makes private equity returns laughable, and that's the reason, the private market doesn't have the resources nor the appetite for long-term ROI.
    you comment I replied to wasn't about infrastructure your comment was about the redistribution of wealth

"Which is another bullshit myth, because if you gave the resources to the poorest people"
    is your fucking comment I replied to

15+ Year Old Account

Now, if you are trying to hint that GMO crops are dangerous, and organic ones are safe, then you may want to go do some actual research.
    Can you name me one business that doesn't harm the environment or its employees?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    you comment I replied to wasn't about infrastructure your comment was about the redistribution of wealth

"Which is another bullshit myth, because if you gave the resources to the poorest people"
    is your fucking comment I replied to
    Redistribution of wealth is where the ROI came from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    "Deserving" and "undeserving" in this context is a fucking pisstake, I take it you find yourself "deserving" of your privilege and QoL by virtue of being born in a 1st world country, while some poor schmuck born in Pakistan who'll work his ass off for 30 bucks a month and die none the wiser is just equally "undeserving", based solely on the fact that he was randomly born in a different country.
    See this is where you go ohhh so wrong - I wasn't born privileged in a 1st world country etc, like a lot of successful people I earned what I have

Now I'm not saying we have perfect equality of opportunity, we don't yet -- and I personally had to work extra hard to overcome natural disadvantages; but I and many millions of others are proof that it can be done

If you fail to do it for whatever reason, that's fine, take your knocks and move on; but don't judge those who worked their asses off and earned their way

The world is more fair now than it has ever been in the history of human life; blaming society isn't as easy as when there were feudal lords and serfs and no social mobility

Go learn a trade, work your ass off and be successful; there are fewer obstacles to your success than ever before

You can be Bill Gates in the modern world; you don't have to be a king, you don't have to be white/male/etc, no one cares, you just have to make something great that everyone wants/needs
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-05-04 at 02:52 PM.

And whenever I ask for examples of those that abuse the system I usually get the same three examples of mom and her children...

But damn, don't point out the banking industry or corporate welfare...
    I work within an industry that allows me to see the abuse first hand almost every day.

Also, anecdotal I know, but my best friend was a staunch democrat throughout college. The guy would bleed blue if you cut him, real "big government" and "betterment of society" guy, and recited much of the same rhetoric many of you are in this thread.

Got out of college and got a job with the State of NY labor division working with people on government assistance programs to help them find jobs.

He's now a staunch Republican. He wastes most of his day "helping" people who have ZERO intention of ever having a job to "look" for job so that they can keep their assistance.

Labeling food and labeling people are two completely different things. GMO food should be labeled regardless if it's so-called safe or not.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    And you can still be a Jew with that little gold star, can't you? (See the point now?)
    Business regulation doesn't equal racism.

Thanks for trying to take a shit on the thread with your ignorant fucked up comment..

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    I just don't see it. Nutrition label and ingredients list already exist. Cigarettes have a required warning label too.
    But are GMO foods specifically dangerous? Nope.

If you are going to demand that, then why not demand that every product label every single chemical that was applied to those foods. Of course, that is the absolute last thing the organic supporters would want, because they put more chemicals on their foods than GMO products. If you are going to demand labeling, then you sure as hell better demand equality under that law.

GMO corn is just that, it's corn. Demanding that it be labeled as GMO makes no logical sense. It's an irrelevant issue, and the only reason to do it, is to push an ignorant agenda about fear of GMO foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    You have literally no idea how the economy works.
    then enlighten me
    how is taking twenty dollars from a store owner and giving it to one of his customers to spend in the store which that customer does d grows that store owners business

because that is all you are doing by taxing and redistributing that tax money to the poor

economies grow from the creation of wealth not the redistribution of it

Can you name me one business that doesn't harm the environment or its employees?

- - - Updated - - -

Redistribution of wealth is where the ROI came from.
    Focus on a specific action, because everyone causes harm to something else. FOCUS ON THE ACTION WHICH CAUSES HARM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    if people want food that is not GMO the food that is not GMO should be labeled not the food that is GMO

because 99% of food is considered GMO
    -citation required-

Actually, I should just toss whatever you say out of the window if it has no reputable source, because you and your ilk has this penchant for making ludicrous claims without supporting evidence.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

But are GMO foods specifically dangerous? Nope.
    We don't know that.

Or are you actually saying you believe the FDA?

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Labeling food and labeling people are two completely different things. GMO food should be labeled regardless if it's so-called safe or not.
    Why is it different? It's not. GMO food is safe, the science is pretty damn clear. If you don't want to eat GMO food, buy products that voluntarily say "GMO free."

If you are going to demand that food be labeled to placate ignorant people, then why not force people to be labeled to placate ignorant people?

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    then enlighten me
    Now this is rich.

Plenty of people have tried otherwise, but if you refuse to be enlightened nobody can make you.

We don't know that.

Or are you actually saying you believe the FDA?
    Do you know that it's not safe? Since you are the one demanding that it be labeled, you should have some reasons to do so.

We "don't know" if Muslims are dangerous, so we should make them all wear tags... [your logic]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    See this is where you go ohhh so wrong - I wasn't born privileged in a 1st world country etc, like a lot of successful people I earned what I have

Now I'm not saying we have perfect equality of opportunity, we don't yet -- and I personally had to work extra hard to overcome natural disadvantages; but I and many millions of others are proof that it can be done

If you fail to do it for whatever reason, that's fine, take your knocks and move on; but don't judge those who worked their asses off and earned their way

The world is more fair now than it has ever been in the history of human life; blaming society isn't as easy as when there were feudal lords and serfs and no social mobility

Go learn a trade, work your ass off and be successful; there are fewer obstacles to your success than ever before

You can be Bill Gates in the modern world; you don't have to be a king, you don't have to be white/male/etc, no one cares, you just have to make something great that everyone wants/needs
    Sounds like you are sour about having to work extra hard.
    Last edited by Clone; 2016-05-04 at 02:59 PM.