Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's actually one of the few things Diablo 3 is known for getting right: Leveling is incredibly fun.
    Haha, what? Have you played 1-60?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's actually one of the few things Diablo 3 is known for getting right: Leveling is incredibly fun.
    >Level 1-70 in D3 in a few hours with friends
    >Then the next 3 months gaining an infinite amount of Paragon Levels by doing Greater Rifts over and over and over and over and over until the season ends

That isn't fun bro..... WoW, if you do it right, you don't HAVE to use dungeon finder, and can still quest 1-100 (I do it 1-80, skip Cata quests, 85-90 MoP quests) then WoD is just a mix of dungeons/questing for me, and I have fun... I've leveled about 5 alts so far that way and it doesn't get boring.

If anything your precious build will be next week, not this week. Overwatch is this week. Overwatch is also May 24th. Two weeks you can almost guarantee will have nothing in them because Blizzard doesn't like taking publicity from there own games.

the moment you ding 100 on live you go ashran or pvp get honor, and then buy 700 items. GG (RIP TANAAN (unless of course you want the extra gold because of the revered thing that goes fast.

Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    the moment you ding 100 on live you go ashran or pvp get honor, and then buy 700 items. GG (RIP TANAAN (unless of course you want the extra gold because of the revered thing that goes fast.
    Those 700 items are so shit for PvE you would be better off doing Mythic Dungeons in your Questing Blues or SoO Mythic Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Those 700 items are so shit for PvE you would be better off doing Mythic Dungeons in your Questing Blues or SoO Mythic Gear.
    Lol fuck that, 700 pvp gear is fine for killing shit in legion, as well as doing DPS in elsewhere. The Ilvl and weapon stuff is about all you need.

Lol fuck that, 700 pvp gear is fine for killing shit in legion, as well as doing DPS in elsewhere. The Ilvl and weapon stuff is about all you need.
    I see more people in the epic PVP-Arena items getting into HFC nowadays than people with actual PvE set bonuses and items, it's kind of fucking sad....

And that is fine.
    Yeah.... cheese your ilvl.... thats fine....

Quote Originally Posted by Knathein View Post
    I see more people in the epic PVP-Arena items getting into HFC nowadays than people with actual PvE set bonuses and items, it's kind of fucking sad....
    Well yeah, when they made pvp gear equivalent to PVE gear and then made honor extremely easy to get followed by conquest gear being thrown at you for roughing through Ashran all day, they basically made BGs and Ashran the equivalent of 5.4's LFR: you enter that to get the ilvl to get into raiding.
    Not cheesing. The ilvl is what it says on the tin. Hell, a lot of conquest gear can be bought to specifically have your preferred secondary stats and would put you at an advantage over someone who simply raided and took what they could get. It's as close to reforging as this expansion allows.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Eh? PvP gear hasn't been bad in pve for a long time since the stat budget isn't wasted on pvp power since MoP. Other than pvp trinkets being bad the rest of the gear is pretty good to do normal HFC and even some of heroic HFC with.

I mean granted some players with pvp gear suck but that's because of the players themselves who don't know their rotation or how to play in general. Not due to the gear itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Blizzard is holding off beta just to piss on everyone who whined about it being called alpha.

They're personally trolling Paula Deen specifically. lol.

They're trolling half of mmo's forums, if not more. I like it, I hope it goes beta like July.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I think Blizzard is holding off beta just to piss on everyone who whined about it being called alpha.

They're personally trolling Paula Deen specifically. lol.

They're trolling half of mmo's forums, if not more. I like it, I hope it goes beta like July.
    yes that's exactly the reason blizzard obviously cares that some people on the internet whine about it being called alpha and thats why they've delayed the beta launch.

Sigh

It's really weird the first chunk of the demon hunter starting area isn't in yet. I assume the absence of it is due to it being story/cinematic-heavy, but it could just still be a work in progress in general.

Just an observation here but...

Been roaming around the new zones - a lot. Looking for new hunter pet takes to be exact, and I will tell you what. There are a large amount of areas / nooks and crannies that are not finished yet. Also you can include some of the water areas too probably. Some of the underwater parts are not totally completed and are immense! There is easily enough area to equal what we saw in Cata. I shit you not.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more quest areas/chains. And that is just populating and touching up some zonage.
    There are pretty much all the reps that need to be completed as far as bases, vendors etc. Like others have said - other stuff like horde opening and polishing artifact stuff. Then class stuff that isn't final tuning - last of the big changes revisions is what I mean. Somewhat expecting a beast master revision - stuff like that. Bugs of course but why even mention. They could easily spend one month just squishing bugs. We all know how long expansions usually get patched after release - WOD was patched so much it was kinda funny.
    That's what I think. I just noticed people freaking out about how long testing will still be - and thought hey - here's my 2cents.

Ps. Looooong ass time lurker - thanks for the years of scoffs and laughs.
    And wtf is a quick reply - this is just a general comment :l
    Psps - be nice I'm fragile and I emotional.

Fuck it - I probably won't post ever again until another 8 years or so - so have at it O.- I just wanted to see my text on mooch amp for once tsk tsk

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    It's really weird the first chunk of the demon hunter starting area isn't in yet. I assume the absence of it is due to it being story/cinematic-heavy, but it could just still be a work in progress in general.
    Black temple?

I doubt that was ever planned to be anything except part of the intro cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    yes that's exactly the reason blizzard obviously cares that some people on the internet whine about it being called alpha and thats why they've delayed the beta launch.

Sigh
    It really doesn't matter when beta launches now though, it'll be the shortest beta? So they're clearly doing whatever the fuck they want to. It's not just alpha because it isn't in a beta state, anyone with a brain can see it's past the point any of their previous xpacs entered beta. They're literally doing whatever the hell they want to do, and probably not really caring it's still in "alpha".

It's going to release august 30th whether beta comes out tomorrow or July 15th...

- - - Updated - - -

Black temple?

I doubt that was ever planned to be anything except part of the intro cinematic.
    Wait the DH starting area is fully implemented isn't it? The black temple cinematic is missing, however, right?

If you read the Illidan book you'd know there's... not much playable stuff to do in the Black Temple. Black Temple is under siege, but the Demon Hunters aren't taking part in its defence. Illidan rushes the army through his gate and then closes the door behind them.
    The intro sequence pretty much starts exactly where the book leaves off.

I guess they could have had a "training sequence" and then a timeskip, but it doesn't really seem necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    It really doesn't matter when beta launches now though, it'll be the shortest beta? So they're clearly doing whatever the fuck they want to. It's not just alpha because it isn't in a beta state, anyone with a brain can see it's past the point any of their previous xpacs entered beta. They're literally doing whatever the hell they want to do, and probably not really caring it's still in "alpha".

It's going to release august 30th whether beta comes out tomorrow or July 15th...

- - - Updated - - -

Wait the DH starting area is fully implemented isn't it? The black temple cinematic is missing, however, right?
    it will be the shortest alpha, but saying they're delaying beta because of people whining online is beyond idiotic

Quote Originally Posted by TS26 View Post
    it will be the shortest alpha, but saying they're delaying beta because of people whining online is beyond idiotic
    It was probably a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been "cheesing" their ilvl/gear with PvP gear since vanilla