Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I just did a scientific study and discovered that apparently Leftists are the bane of Western Civilization
    They're bane of the every Civilization.

Deleted
    I just did a scientific study and discovered that apparently Leftists are the bane of Western Civilization
    can you post a link to it being published in a peer reviewed journal, I'd love to read it

So did this person leave a brown paper bag outside the house of whoever did peer review of this or not?

Seems like a hatchet job to make it sound like non-Trump supporters are supposely smarter on a small sample size and an online poll (which can be manipulated).
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They're bane of the every Civilization.
    nice play off the set up. We should form a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    can you post a link to it being published in a peer reviewed journal, I'd love to read it
    Right, what you presented was "peer reviewed".

Holy fuck you are dense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PLOS

The publications are primarily funded by payments from the authors.

HAHAHAHHAHA!

A for profit publications website where the authors have to pay the website to host their "research".

"peer reviewed" yeah right.

HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!

Keep the comedy coming with this shit. This is awesome. What a great time to be alive.

Without "leftists" conservatives would be broke. The "leftist" states are the ones that are propping your state up probably. Without "leftists", we would still be under the rule of England, would still have slavery, women wouldn't have their rights, minorities wouldn't have their civil rights, and gays wouldn't have a right to marry. I am sure you would love for all of that to disappear, but it isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihuitl View Post
    One day you will hopefully realize that people who do these 'studies' in regards to politics usually have an outcome before they begin and then set out to reach that outcome one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's not rocket science to understand this.

Republic party supporters usually are caught saying stuff like: "Everything would be better if government has less power", "everything would be better if the market was less regulated"

It's empty phrases without any precise solution or being able to explain what the consequences of such leaps of faith would be. They just like to leave their mind hanging in the unknown and then feel profound and wise. It's like giving yourself a lobotomy and feeling smarter because of it.
    As empty as "We should help the people in need and everything would be better".

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Think of how stupid the average person is. Then realize, that 50% of people are even dumber than that. Truly intelligent people are in the minority.
    That's not actually how averages work though.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Without "leftists" conservatives would be broke. The "leftist" states are the ones that are propping your state up probably. Without "leftists", we would still be under the rule of England, would still have slavery, women wouldn't have their rights, minorities wouldn't have their civil rights, and gays wouldn't have a right to marry. I am sure you would love for all of that to disappear, but it isn't happening.
    Civilization is cyclical.

The most liberal societies eventually crumble due to their lack of order, and through blood, the cycle begins anew.

All so-called conservatives want is to slow down the "progress", because we know very well what is the end of it.

Ruin.
    Last edited by bewbew; 2016-05-05 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1237796.html
    http://www.livescience.com/18132-int...sm-racism.html

We actually talked about a couple of the studies referenced in one of my graduate courses, I'd have to do some digging to find the actual studies again though.

Could be. By all accounts, Black people are generally those with being the most aggressive racists.

nice play off the set up. We should form a team.
    Well, I was just saying truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TrigglyPuff View Post
    -snip-
    What did you expect from Trump-haters? They usually provide no useful arguments, saying something like "omg, now black lives no matter >:- ((( Trump is idiot!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, it's all because of the lefties!
    lol'd
    One day you will hopefully realize that people who do these 'studies' in regards to politics usually have an outcome before they begin and then set out to reach that outcome one way or another.
    Once Coca-Cola sponsored one of these "studies" and they scientificaly proved that Coca-cola Zero is better than... water.

- - - Updated - - -

Could be. By all accounts, Black people are generally those with being the most aggressive racists.
    Scientificaly proved that blacks are 25 times more likely to commit violence against whites than vice versa:

http://www.davidduke.com/new-doj-rep...an-vice-versa/

I'm going to be marked as racist now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post

I'm going to be marked as racist now?
    You should be, if you think that the race has anything to do with it.

I was expecting Plos-ONE. Was not disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Crv View Post
    You should be, if you think that the race has anything to do with it.
    Behavior patterns can't be associate along racial lines?

Deleted
    Behavior patterns can't be associate along racial lines?
    They can't because you'll encounter huge problems once you are asked to define race.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I was expecting Plos-ONE. Was not disappointed.
    Your destination of for profit self publications! Peer *cough reviewed!

The political right are generally speaking more anti-intellectual, so it's no surprise to find that discrepancy. However I'd like to point out that generalizations are bad, and there are plenty of scientifically literate right-wingers.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's not rocket science to understand this.

Republic party supporters usually are caught saying stuff like: "Everything would be better if government has less power", "everything would be better if the market was less regulated"

It's empty phrases without any precise solution or being able to explain what the consequences of such leaps of faith would be. They just like to leave their mind hanging in the unknown and then feel profound and wise. It's like giving yourself a lobotomy and feeling smarter because of it.
    "Everything would be better if government had more power, controlled more things", is pretty much standard tripe spewed by the left.

Not sure you can pin stupidity on any set of political beliefs.