Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Naga and Vrykul/Furbolg

and no. Having Pandaren does not mean we can't have Furbolgs. they can co-exist in the same manner that Blood Elves and Night Elves do. Furbolgs are fierce, ferocious while Pandaren are graceful. imo Furbolgs are even more appealing than Pandaren because they're not as cartoonish as silly as Pandaren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    I completely disagree, I think they're the two exact opposites. Out of all the possible newly implemented races, Ogres would easily be the one to see the most play.

People doesn't want Ogres because it makes sense. They want it because they're iconic and awesome. In War2 they basically were the horde. They were the frontliners, the fighters, the most used, strongest, and most iconic unit of the Horde ever. They even casted the most iconic Horde spell of all time.

Also, taurens are cows. There's a lot of people who enjoy the big brutal theme while really hating the idea of playing a fucking bovine.
    the problem is if they add ogre to Horde
    who would be the strong stupid in Alliance "human"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post

add my voice
    give me naga
    I'm with this guy, and this might be the place of a unpopular puffin meme image, but I'd much rather have Naga over Ogres.
    'A corpse should be left alone.'

Deleted
    Sign me up for the High Elves bandwagon. They are at the moment the race I want the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Greg street wad talking from when the time he WAS employed at Blizz.
    And here's his statement coupled with the original question on Twitter:

"Q: How do you feel having Pandarian shared between both factions has worked out? Would you do the same if new races were added?"
    "A: Not a fan of it overall. We just didn't want to deny anyone Pandaren."

Furthermore, since he's no longer at the company, his opinion on the subject is moot.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god half elves

- - - Updated - - -

If you like the high elf story, then you would understand why they now are on the horde.
    Except that they're already a part of both factions

- - - Updated - - -

The majority of the elves were never hardcover alliancr, infact most of them, the overwhelming majority left when they could
    And that highlights why they should be a neutral race for the game.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Lol first of all, that's not how it works, he spoke of what blizzard thought about pandaren. It doesn't change because he left. In case you didn't notice, Jaina made the blood elves hate the alliance even more than they already did. Them being neutral makes no fucking sense, only in your odd interpretation of lore

- - - Updated - - -

And if by part of on both factions you mean 95 % of the race and 100% of the lore on the horde...
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Rather not. Monkeys and Fish people. The hozen are simply just a bit above animals and as for the jinyu, there's already a fish race that people have been wanting for more time. Naga.

Also, no offense, but you should use the Enter key once in a while. Your text is hard to read.
    Naga are all pretty much evil tho aren't they? Plus jinyu look cooler. Hozen on the other hand I dislike, would much rather have a reptile/dragon race or Saberon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    No, I disagree with the majority of the reasons as to why they remain with the Horde.
    as much as i want high elves, blood elves have every right to hate the alliance after MoP.

they have now been betrayed twice by alliance entities. lined up for execution for doing what it took to survive, and now stabbed in the back and murdered by the kirin tor.

but anyway, high elves, ogres, naga, arakkoa(the new ones, not the scrunchy things). i've had an idea that maybe illidari broken could break from the illidari after the legion, and the naga could stay illidari but go mostly horde and align with the blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Holy shit that wall of text. Sorry but if I go through it the only two things I'll have to add is a new pair of eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Also, taurens are cows.
    Now minotaurs are cows? Fair enough man.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    We'll agree to disagree.
    Lor'themar Theron yells: We are the Horde. We do NOT back down.

Friendly has a point. Right now there are more chances for Ogres to be neutral than Blood Elves. Mere game mechanics guarantees this.

Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    High Elfs - Alliance

Ogres - Horde
    Yeah, if this was WC2 and not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    What does that have to do with having a different model? its not like Humans ever had problems because of that

https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...3722334573.jpg

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mall/52273.jpg

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080718112047

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v8...ps9f4ddab5.jpg

So... that's not a reason, (am not a fan of HE as a race or subrace, but i don't think they are a bad option either)

Note: The lack of HE is a better excuse
    The problem is that there's literally no justification for High Elves to have different models. Basically such models would be crafted for the sole purpose of turning High Elves in something playable in the Alliance, selling them as "different" race when they're not, they're Blood Elves with blue eyes.

High Elves are supposed to look identical to Blood Elves in every way, that's how they have been shown so far. I mean, they both received the same model upgrade in WoD.

Why don't they fit with the rest of the Horde? cause they are not savage like the others races and they are pretty? pfftt, i think that makes them go perfectly in the horde!, that give them something unique, if they were in the alliance, they would be just "another ally race"
    Ironically, is the same reasoning used for why Tauren would fit more in the Alliance compared to the Horde, since they're the "noblest of savages".

A faction doesn't need to be mono-thematic at all costs. Otherwise Night Elves and Worgen wouldn't be Alliance either.

OT: Personally, I just want Arakkoa as playable race, either the winged or wingless version, preferably both (like one per faction). I don't give a damn about anything else in terms of new races, the currently playable ones are quite in need of development to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that there's literally no justification for High Elves to have different models. Basically such models would be crafted for the sole purpose of turning High Elves in something playable in the Alliance, selling them as "different" race when they're not, they're Blood Elves with blue eyes.

High Elves are supposed to look identical to Blood Elves in every way, that's how they have been shown so far. I mean, they both received the same model upgrade in WoD.
    Why is that a problem? i mean... why can humans be different from one another, but is impossible to have BE to be different from one another, i mean... they could be the same race and look different (Like Thrall or Garrosh, both are orcs and both have different models, but you can easily see that they are still orcs, why can't they get just new models? that doesn't mean that they will magically change race)

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Why is that a problem? i mean... why can humans be different from one another, but is impossible to have BE to be different from one another, i mean... they could be the same race and look different (Like Thrall or Garrosh, both are orcs and both have different models, but you can easily see that they are still orcs, why can't they get just new models? that doesn't mean that they will magically change race)
    The Human models are different because it doesn't make sense for laborers to look like body-builders, so they look older and fatter. Thrall and Garrosh are different because they're lore characters and most important characters get an unique model. But which is the reason for High Elves to look different? Because there's none. Literally. The recent upgrade blatantly confirmed how they're meant to look the same. That is their rigthful model. As I said, the only justification to modify their base model is to make them playable in the Alliance and that as sole justification isn't worthy, is fanservice of the worst kind.

And since there's no lore reason to make them look different, how you change them to begin with? Most of the suggestions you hear around comes from people who has no clue about lore and see differences between High Elves and Blood Elves existing in their headcanon alone.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Ironically, is the same reasoning used for why Tauren would fit more in the Alliance compared to the Horde, since they're the "noblest of savages".

A faction doesn't need to be mono-thematic at all costs. Otherwise Night Elves and Worgen wouldn't be Alliance either.

OT: Personally, I just want Arakkoa as playable race, either the winged or wingless version, preferably both (like one per faction). I don't give a damn about anything else in terms of new races, the currently playable ones are quite in need of development to begin with.
    Night Elves are highly civilized though. They are far from the horde as you can get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Night Elves are highly civilized though. They are far from the horde as you can get.
    And they're equally far from the Alliance for the whole natural/druidic aspect, which was never a thing in said faction at all. Shamanism is much closer to that, in comparison.

Thematically speaking, Night Elves didn't fit in any faction to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    They are so civilized they don't even have walls in their buildings.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    We have cow people, goat people, dog people, and panda people. Consider that people have been asking for Furbolgs for a LONG time.
    First of all, none of the races you mentioned are close to as stupid as fish people and monkey people. Taurens are huge and fits the large warrior fantasy, draeneis are blue humanoids with horns and hooves, they do not remotely resemble goats, that's just a joke people makes, worgens are wolves, not dogs, and wolves are considered extremely much cooler animals than fishes and monkeys, and pandas are iconic to warcraft since their introduction in war3.

Secondly, despite all of these examples being way better than fish people and monkey people, they're all already underrepresented in the population.

Literally nobody would play a fish person or a monkey person. And the last thing we need is to waste more resources on something nobody plays.

Deleted
    The Human models are different because it doesn't make sense for laborers to look like body-builders, so they look older and fatter. Thrall and Garrosh are different because they're lore characters and most important characters get an unique model. But which is the reason for High Elves to look different? Because there's none. Literally. The recent upgrade blatantly confirmed how they're meant to look the same. That is their rigthful model. As I said, the only justification to modify their base model is to make them playable in the Alliance and that as sole justification isn't worthy, is fanservice of the worst kind.

And since there's no lore reason to make them look different, how you change them to begin with? Most of the suggestions you hear around comes from people who has no clue about lore and see differences between High Elves and Blood Elves existing in their headcanon alone.
    So in lore Humans have only two types of bodies? Do they also have only 5 different faces and 5 different hair styles? I am sorry but your argument is absurd. Do you think in lore every single elf has exact same stature? No? Then high elves can have a different stature from the blood elves. Do you think in lore elves have only 5 or 6 different faces? No? Then high elves can have a different variation of faces from the blood elves. Do you also think that in lore every elf has exact same voice? No? Then high elves can have different voices from blood elves. If Blizzard would want to make high elves playable, then they definitely could make their models slightly different if they won't be lazy. And there is no logical reason why they couldn't.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    o? Then high elves can have a different stature from the blood elves.
    Nothing merits a different model from the blood elves.

then they definitely could make their models slightly different if they won't be lazy. And there is no logical reason why they couldn't.
    you know, aside from the fact that it would be wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Pretty high chance Blizz will add new races to play expansion after Legion. Though I would have preferred Jinyu during MOP, pretty sure i;m not the only one who hates Pandaren (Samurai version was cool, chinese monk is not)

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Nothing merits a different model from the blood elves.
    I dunno, the mana starved mutant model for high elves wouldnt be the worst thing to happen....