Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

Some harsh words for Warcraft.
    They're some slightly aging comic-book nerds who are deeply immersed in cinema, so they won't A. Care about the source-material and B. think it has a real chance due to previous video game adaptations. A few years ago the snarky comments would have been targeting comic book movies. As our resident little orc hitler would say: Times change.

Looking at that awesome fan poster, I realized why I wasn't really as bothered with the artstyle as other people seemed to have been in the early days: The "units", if you will, feel like the RTS-s.

Ps: Blizzard, if you're reading this, a Warcraft 1 + 2 HD remake would not be a bad idea. Come on, you can do it!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    if to believe in that source from paradokz (which in fact turned out to be real deal), guldan literally made durotan physically weak till death (I'm pretty sure he used drain life analogue). so I'm pretty sure that were Durotan's legs, weak and thin.

can't imagine how painful his death will be look like on screen. mighty warrior turned into thin corpse. I'm pretty sure general audience will shit the bricks during that scene.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2016-05-05 at 06:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    if to believe in that source from paradokz (which in fact turned out to be real deal), guldan literally made durotan physically weak till death (I'm pretty sure he used drain life analogue). so I'm pretty sure that were Durotan's legs, weak and thin.

can't imagine how painful his death will be look like on screen. mighty warrior turned into thin corpse. I'm pretty sure general audience will shit the bricks during that scene.
    Damn, this will be more traumatic than Mufasa's death

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angus94 View Post
    Damn, this will be more traumatic than Mufasa's death
    If you read how the fight goes in the novelization it's actually so brutal. If they do that scene word for word in the movie I don't know how the movie has its PG-13 rating.

His arm gets broken, Durotan breaks off one of Gul'Dans backspikes and stabs him with it. Durotan's soul gets slowly sucked out, making him weaker, his spine gets shattered and finally he just slowly dies on the floor.
    Last edited by mmocfc41a0fc1c; 2016-05-05 at 06:36 PM.

Heck we even dunno if the movie will be good, Duncan himself even said that we will have to wait and see how it goes. I like how honest he is about it. But from what we've seen so far, it does look good and many of us know how the story goes, so we know it will be a decent story

And can we please keep the novelization preview in spoiler tags?

Some harsh words for Warcraft.
    They basicaly say video game movies are usually bad and WoW isn't that popular nowadays. Not really harsh words.

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    They basicaly say video game movies are usually bad and WoW isn't that popular nowadays. Not really harsh words.
    Basically they said that, literally they said "Videogame movies are the worst, no one cares about Warcraft anymore it's all about Minecraft."

Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Not making top 10 of the summer would most likely mean we wouldn't get sequels. Obviously they can be wrong, and they usually are with these top 10s, but they may be voicing the opinions of many non-fans who don't see any appeal in this movie based on the trailers.

It's a different perspective than the one we've got in this thread, where we see lots of interviews, pictures and stuff like that. The uninformed movie-goer has few reasons to go see Warcraft, and the only thing that can change that is word of mouth and critical acclaim. Hopefully the staggered release helps.

Well, hopefully the movie is good in the first place.

Deleted
    By reading this you might have an idea of the insane amount of money that Warcraft will probably do in China

http://deadline.com/2016/05/warcraft...-s-1201749605/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    If you read how the fight goes in the novelization it's actually so brutal. If they do that scene word for word in the movie I don't know how the movie has its PG-13 rating.

His arm gets broken, Durotan breaks off one of Gul'Dans backspikes and stabs him with it. Durotan's soul gets slowly sucked out, making him weaker, his spine gets shattered and finally he just slowly dies on the floor.
    I don't want to read anything about that, but I can imagine how brutal it is. A reliable guy who once said he saw the movie (or maybe it was his friend, can't remember) said also that the movie is "strong". It will be indeed

The movie is being judged for what it is and not for what is has. The movie has characters, story and it looks beautiful. Also has an amazing director on board. It is also being judged by previous work from other video game movies, which has no relation to this one...

Basically its like a defensless child that has famous and talented parents, a child who is being harrased for being different, even though it isn't a negative thing

Deleted
    Talking about Gul'dan, I jsut re-watched the portal SDCC leaked scene and damn... this scene is GREAT. It's amazing directing by Duncan Jones, it feels epic (his speech is already memorable), it feels important, it feels strong (a thousand slaves's souls sucked to create a portal), it feels dramatic (the music is top-notch).

People will be already surprised by the movie by the time this scene appears.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    The movie is being judged for what it is and not for what is has. The movie has characters, story and it looks beautiful. Also has an amazing director on board. It is also being judged by previous work from other video game movies, which has no relation to this one...

Basically its like a defensless child that has famous and talented parents, a child who is being harrased for being different, even though it isn't a negative thing
    He truly is. Judging by the leaked SDCC video it's quite impressive how many beautiful shots there are, and how actually epic-scale they look, especially with Duncan never filming a large-scale film ever before. The shots, the angles, the editing, the pacing. Everything is perfect.

The only thing I can see being a negative thing about this movie could be the phasing... that can be a problem for every movie, so there's that. Other than that I really cannot see what the faults could turn out to be... any other ideas? It would be neat to have

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    In fact the repeat the same mantra bunch of haters repeat. Not popular and video game movie. Kewl. They completely ignore the fact that even with not that good trailer movie looks far from typical video game adaptations.

Deleted
    Talking about Gul'dan, I jsut re-watched the portal SDCC leaked scene and damn... this scene is GREAT. It's amazing directing by Duncan Jones, it feels epic (his speech is already memorable), it feels important, it feels strong (a thousand slaves's souls sucked to create a portal), it feels dramatic (the music is top-notch).
    I love the way they show the Dark Portal (amazing shot from bottom to top).
    Cinematography is looking great so far, let's hope that acting/screenplay is as good and CGI is consistent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    I love the way they show the Dark Portal (amazing shot from bottom to top).
    Cinematography is looking great so far, let's hope that acting/screenplay is as good and CGI is consistent.
    Do you guys think those persisting fade-to-blacks during "Life... death...life..." speech will be also in the actual movie or only in the ComicCon footage?
    I like them a lot, they're quite unusual in movies, while it's something that were in Warcraft III cinematics ("Thrall's Vision").

- - - Updated - - -

I love how big part of Gul'dan shots are from below, like to make the audience smaller and in a weaker position compared to him.

Deleted
    Do you guys think those persisting fade-to-blacks during "Life... death...life..." speech will be also in the actual movie or only in the ComicCon footage?
    I like them a lot, they're quite unusual in movies, while it's something that were in Warcraft III cinematics ("Thrall's Vision").

- - - Updated - - -

I love how big part of Gul'dan shots are from below, like to make the audience smaller and in a weaker position comapred to him.
    I personally really liked them. They were timed really well and I'd love to see them stay!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    I personally really liked them. They were timed really well and I'd love to see them stay!
    Same here! They are so particular and cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    They simply have no reason to be excited for it beyond the CGI and the action, Universal hasn't given them any.
    Pretty much. If the movie managed into one of the guys' list is the knowledge about Duncan being a fan of the franchise and his track record as director. Even him said that word of mouth is the only thing that can truly help the movie if it turns out to be good.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tornwar View Post
    I dunno if it is him, but other people said it was, so... XD
    It's definitely him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    if to believe in that source from paradokz
    Forget about paradokz, Golden's novelization bits were more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wickys View Post
    He also loses an eye or at least sight from one, if I remember correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    He truly is. Judging by the leaked SDCC video it's quite impressive how many beautiful shots there are, and how actually epic-scale they look, especially with Duncan never filming a large-scale film ever before. The shots, the angles, the editing, the pacing. Everything is perfect.
    I just rewatched it (about the tenth time) and got chills for the first time. Interestingly, they were mostly happening during the first half of the leak and less so during Gul'Dan's speech and the opening of the Portal. I mostly got chills from how the (other) orcs were being portrayed and introduced during those first scenes.

Deleted
    Anyone can repost the link to the leaked footage? Don't wanna have to dig through the pages to find it again.