Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Oh, there's the requisite, "Casual Game" slam on a Blizzard title.

It's like you guys don't even try to think on your own, you just repeat what you read in other posts.
    Blaming casuals is the mating call of the rare Hardcore Wannabe Bird. It's annoying cawing is designed to draw attention to itself but the sad truth is that they spend so much time cawing and showing their plumage that they never get to mate in the wild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I do like how we have some people saying this is too "casual", and others saying there's too high a skill ceiling and it's unfair that beta players have such an advantage in having practiced beforehand.
    That or how every character seems to be OP and broken, because you know it isn't possible that someone could kill me if it wasn't because Me am Gud.

Seems that the modern day gamer can't handle a single loss or they have to invent reasons why the game was stacked against them and it is never them personally to fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverquis View Post
    The worst thing about Overwatch are the people who cares more about K/D than winning the match.
    Was playing Control map, first round - we got the objective and got it to like 70%, then 4 of my team ran towards enemy spawn, died there and we lost the round. And ended up losing the match with 2-1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you notice that some players got into the closed beta, or maybe just a natural.
    Stilll don't like the fact that every 150 hero can easily get 1shot, maybe even 200 hp heros.
    But yeah, it takes practice to learn how to play heroes.
    So far I dont like to switch heroes mid game, think it is a shitty mechanic but that is just me. Also that other friendly people can play the same hero as you takes away the feeling of being unique is said game.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Only thing that annoys me now is when you're playing one of those games where one team is attacking and the other defending that they have a minimum of 2 bastions and tolbjorn
    A good counter to this beyond the blinkers is a quality Hanzo and to a lesser a good widow. Using Hanzos ulti, which can be easy to build, and blow in through the walls at the Bastions and the turrets works great. Good sneaky trick i think a lot of folks over look, it goes right through a wall and does enough damage to kill Bastion and turrets. (I learned this trick the hard way). A solid strafing sniper is a good bastion counter without having to get close, especially if you cna get a Zenyatta debuff or a Mercy buff out. I played a ton of Bastion when I started playing so I've learned a lot of his counters by having them used on me. Genji does a good job countering him, but you have to be a good Genji and realize when your bastion has to reload same with Widow.

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well you notice that some players got into the closed beta, or maybe just a natural.
    Stilll don't like the fact that every 150 hero can easily get 1shot, maybe even 200 hp heros.
    But yeah, it takes practice to learn how to play heroes.
    So far I dont like to switch heroes mid game, think it is a shitty mechanic but that is just me. Also that other friendly people can play the same hero as you takes away the feeling of being unique is said game.
    If your couldn't switch heroes your game would be a shitty 15 min experience if the opposing team managed to pick better than you. Also none of you complain about duplicates in TF2 where there are 5 heavies, 2 snipers, 3 soldiers and 2 medics against 4 demomen, 1 medic, 2 heavies and 3 snipers. Ah come on man! I wanted to play the sniper! I'm better at it than you! Fuck this I am going to find a game where I can be sniper, screw you scrubs!"

Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    I for one think this is total disaster... ITS EVEN MORE CASUAL THEN HOTS...wake up ppl...u really like this?!?!?1
    It is fun. I'm not sure why everything has to be skill god level. I play Overwatch for some fun not to be the best ever #1 esport king. Go play DOTA or LoL and keep telling yourself you're the next Could 9.

People seem to act like losing a single match in any game means they have to murder their first born son. You lost, who cares? Play again until you don't lose. Nobody comes for your testicles when you lose a match and yet everyone seems to take every loss personally where they have to insult their team mates or cry salt in general at the opposing team for being broken or cheating.

I can tell that potg is going to be my biggest gripe. but I'm in the camp that thinks getting a quad kill should be potg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    What's funny is that I don't even know if I like the game THAT much yet. I haven't even pre-purchased, for that matter. But I'm not going to make up a ton of bullshit reasons/excuses about it, or blame some OP hero, or RNG, or whatever.

It just seems like some people can't just dislike something without finding reasons to call it "bad" or "casual" or whatever.
    I could totally understand someone saying they didn't like this game because of the style of game play, not liking the characters, not liking the maps, enjoying Battleborn style better, looking for another type of game, ect. Mindlessly accusing everything one dislikes of being 'for casuals' is the Ghetto drive by shooting of internet forums. "Meh, I want to look hardcore and hardcore people insult casuals.., look at me damn it I really am great!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your couldn't switch heroes your game would be a shitty 15 min experience if the opposing team managed to pick better than you. Also none of you complain about duplicates in TF2 where there are 5 heavies, 2 snipers, 3 soldiers and 2 medics against 4 demomen, 1 medic, 2 heavies and 3 snipers. Ah come on man! I wanted to play the sniper! I'm better at it than you! Fuck this I am going to find a game where I can be sniper, screw you scrubs!"
    Well I have never played TF2 so I didn't even know that was a thing in that game. But yeah, that is my preference and they will not change anything so I might aswell get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I can tell that potg is going to be my biggest gripe. but I'm in the camp that thinks getting a quad kill should be potg.
    Meh, I have fun with them if they suck. Worst one was Tjol walking up the ramp on enemy end of Rt 66 to get back to his turret which was blowing people away but all we got to see was Tjol walking, "Hey Tjol, that was an epic walk man. That swagger killed 4 people just like Elvis."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Well I have never played TF2 so I didn't even know that was a thing in that game. But yeah, that is my preference and they will not change anything so I might aswell get used to it.
    TF2 was the cornerstone of this games design, which goes back to TF, which goes back to halflife. There were like 6-7 classes and 10-15 players on each side, sometimes even had 4 sides. So lots of repeated characters and nobody cared, they just wanted to get their boom on.

I would like to see a spy character, always fucked people up with spies because they could look like a class on the enemy team, was good fun especially when you figured out that no one would shoot you if you ran backwards because you were obvisouly running from one of the enemy team and then you would stab them in the back for a one shot!

Meh, I have fun with them if they suck. Worst one was Tjol walking up the ramp on enemy end of Rt 66 to get back to his turret which was blowing people away but all we got to see was Tjol walking, "Hey Tjol, that was an epic walk man. That swagger killed 4 people just like Elvis."

- - - Updated - - -

TF2 was the cornerstone of this games design, which goes back to TF, which goes back to halflife. There were like 6-7 classes and 10-15 players on each side, sometimes even had 4 sides. So lots of repeated characters and nobody cared, they just wanted to get their boom on.

I would like to see a spy character, always fucked people up with spies, was good fun especially when you figured out that no one would shoot you if you ran backwards because you were obvisouly running from one of the enemy team and then you would stab them in the back for a one shot!
    I got POTG as widowmaker shooting 1 person. It ignored my 3 kill chain...which even that sucked

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    RNG?

What?

Lots of complaints about the game but I don't understand the statement regarding RNG.

There are heroes in the game that benefit greatly from being good at aiming and IMO you get heavily rewarded for playing these heroes. They have high skill caps. The game just doesn't have 21 heroes that play like that which is actually to it's benefit because it attempts to draw in more people, especially those that aren't traditional FPS players. There are several heroes that you can play to 80-90% effectiveness by just being around and pushing your buttons at the right time, having good communication and map sense. These heroes, like every single one can be enhanced by having good aim too, but you aren't gaining a lot by doing so.

I see people complaining about ultimate abilities all the time and I honestly just don't get it. Yeah, they are overpowered compared to other abilities, but that's the design of them. They don't happen frequently and all of them can be countered with communication or just plain paying attention. Almost all of them have audio cues to tell you to LoS or frantically look around to see where somebody is to stop them, while another for example is a giant dragon that you merely sidestep. You hear junkrats ultimate? Get to an open area and get ready to shoot it, ultimate wasted.

Most of them can be countered and there is tons of depth in using them. Hanzos ultimate on his own is pretty terrible, but if you throw it at the right time paired up with another ultimate it can lead to some devastating effects. Lots of counter play with ultimate abilities too if you aren't retarded and just use them whenever they come up. Your team about to get wiped because you were too close and 3 people just got caught in Zaryas ultimate, well your Lucio can jump in and basically negate that by putting a massive temporary shield around everybody.

I think there should be a voting system on who gets potg really. just whichever one is the more entertaining one gets it. but I do have to commend the devs for tying to make it so, "ok this person actually helped win the game here, they get a nod".

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    RNG?

What?

Lots of complaints about the game but I don't understand the statement regarding RNG.

There are heroes in the game that benefit greatly from being good at aiming and IMO you get heavily rewarded for playing these heroes. They have high skill caps. The game just doesn't have 21 heroes that play like that which is actually to it's benefit because it attempts to draw in more people, especially those that aren't traditional FPS players. There are several heroes that you can play to 80-90% effectiveness by just being around and pushing your buttons at the right time, having good communication and map sense. These heroes, like every single one can be enhanced by having good aim too, but you aren't gaining a lot by doing so.

I see people complaining about ultimate abilities all the time and I honestly just don't get it. Yeah, they are overpowered compared to other abilities, but that's the design of them. They don't happen frequently and all of them can be countered with communication or just plain paying attention. Almost all of them have audio cues to tell you to LoS or frantically look around to see where somebody is to stop them, while another for example is a giant dragon that you merely sidestep. You hear junkrats ultimate? Get to an open area and get ready to shoot it, ultimate wasted.

Most of them can be countered and there is tons of depth in using them. Hanzos ultimate on his own is pretty terrible, but if you throw it at the right time paired up with another ultimate it can lead to some devastating effects. Lots of counter play with ultimate abilities too if you aren't retarded and just use them whenever they come up. Your team about to get wiped because you were too close and 3 people just got caught in Zaryas ultimate, well your Lucio can jump in and basically negate that by putting a massive temporary shield around everybody.
    Some messy Junkrat left grenades and pipe bombs laying around and some complainer went and RNG stepped on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Yeah I think they need to look at their Algorithm there have been a few potg where I was baffled. One was of me where I rez'd 3 people got killed and then all but one of them got mowed down. Was a pretty bad call on my part to rez them. Then another was a guy getting two kills, nothing impressive pretty common place and they were spread out by nearly 10 seconds. And I know I'd seen way more impressive stuff as a guy got a 5 kill streak on my team at one point. Not sure, I'd also like to be able to skip it if possible. But I don't hate it a lot of the time its good, just every now and then I'm curious about how the game came to the conclusion that, that was play of the game.

The end game voting thing cracks me up sometimes too. I love seeing new players do the voting over folks who have been in there. New players will vote for something when there is an obvious better choice, because the number appears higher. I enjoy that. I had a Mercy with 2,8k healing win with 5 votes. I lol'd hard.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to see a spy character, always fucked people up with spies because they could look like a class on the enemy team, was good fun especially when you figured out that no one would shoot you if you ran backwards because you were obvisouly running from one of the enemy team and then you would stab them in the back for a one shot!
    Which goes back farther to Quake where TF actually got started in the original mod that I much loved. But I agree. I dig these style FPS. I hate the realistic FPS. I either want insanely fast paced like Quake Live and its predecessors or a game like Overwatch.

- - - Updated - - -

Some messy Junkrat left grenades and pipe bombs laying around and some complainer went and RNG stepped on them.
    Those damn drop bombs. I've been a dummy a few times and walked over them after smashing him. Also, landed on them from the sky after a kill as well. Junkrat is a blast to play I'm just not quite on par with him yet. I enjoy playing him, but I can tell I'm not being helpful.

so after playing for half a day I've concluded that this game, while fun, is not worth the money. I might pick it up if it's 20 bucks but the game itself is bare. It feels like they met the minimum to launch this game. So I'll pass.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Well I requested a refund. I didn't know Blizzard refunds digital purchases but apparently they do. Cya.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by heyimcute View Post
    tracer feels so awful weak suddenly
    That's what I thought too, but then I got gud.

OT: I love the game, the gameplay itself is excellent but the world they've created and the characters they've created are absolutely fantastic, I can't wait to see what direction Blizzard takes the game in the future, the webcomics and animated shorts have been absolutely incredible.

The game look beautiful too, I cannot praise this game enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Not going to read all 14 pages so apologies if somebody has said something already, but:

One of the strange things about Overwatch, to me, is that they mix projectiles and hit scan. Not only do different heroes work differently, sometimes abilities for a single hero even work differently.

For those who don't know, projectiles are exactly that: A moving item that you can see and potentially avoid. They are harder to aim because you have to aim at the point where the person will be when the projectile arrives (and they arrive at different speeds) and not where they were. Hit scan basically determines whether or not the shot will hit at the instant it is fired.

So if you're having trouble aiming, other than just pure practice I'd make two recommendations:

1) Make sure you know which abilities work which way. People are rarely stationary in Overwatch, especially as they become better players, and it's absolutely vital to understand if you need to aim at a person or lead them with a given ability.

2) Find out which you prefer out of the two styles and find which heroes and abilities function that way. It may be that your aim is good with one of them and bad either with the other one or just when you're constantly swapping between the two. It may help to focus on one style for a while until you get better.

And as alway, practice, practice, practice.
    Thank you, but I've already abandoned the game. We were doing a custom with a veteran friend of mine 1v1 for me to practice, since it was my 1st shooter ever, and he was repeatedly killing me as zenyata vs me as tracer, and as mercy vs me playing mcree or as symmetra vs me playing soldier76, etc.

We did this for 2 days, the first 1 and half hours and the second for 1 hour, and the results didn't change. I was pure trash, so I decided to put the game down. I can't take that I am so bad at it.

I reached lvl 16, and while tactically I am there, like going behind enemy snipers and ambushing with me as Tracer, I simply can't take them down even after unloading two full magazines on them and them noticing after that. It's sad.
    Last edited by Well; 2016-05-05 at 09:48 PM.