Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    So far on alpha there's no reason to think locks will be any different in this xpac from others.
    Is that a good place though? Having mostly raided in Cata and Wrath I always wondered if I was better off as a Mage

Quote Originally Posted by dholland662 View Post
    Is that a good place though? Having mostly raided in Cata and Wrath I always wondered if I was better off as a Mage
    Well locks have been one of thee best classes to have in your raid for the last two xpacs, if that gives you any idea.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Well locks have been one of thee best classes to have in your raid for the last two xpacs, if that gives you any idea.
    Perfect. Danke.

And it was mostly Fire that filled me with envy. Which is being nerfed on a mechanical level to reduce the massive arcs of potential it had

Now all I'd like is for them to work on affliction some more. But it will be good to play something new for a while

Resto/boomkin/guardian/feral. Can't wait for new druid stuff, looks awesome so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Resto/boomkin/guardian/feral. Can't wait for new druid stuff, looks awesome so far.
    Wrong subforum?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Sick Warlock specs.

--

I'll be playing whatever is the best for raiding but I'd love to play Demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology for sure. BM Hunter was going to be my main but it looks like that is well and truly gutted. I like having helpers, so Demonology for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by ShasVa View Post
    Demonology for sure. BM Hunter was going to be my main but it looks like that is well and truly gutted. I like having helpers, so Demonology for the win.
    You should probably consider unholy DK too then, since they're getting several summon pet options etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I started speccing Demo back in '07, attaining the awesome Felguard and manipulating the dreaded Infernal at the cost of someone's life.

Demonology for sure, although my 2nd spec will be Destruction, mainly because I've never actually enjoyed playing Affliction. Used the infamous SS/SL Aff/Demo hybrid build for some random BGs, though.

I'll go with Destro. I just don't like to babysit a lot of pets either and after so many years playing shadow i'm a little tired of managing dots. So Destro it is!

Dimensional Rifts looks awsome!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Demonology is going to be pretty shit unless the behavior of guardians changes. 0 target switching capability outside artifact CD and maybe Implosion provided it stays that way.
    The game design mechanics of Demo made a lot more sense to me when I changed my perspective. The summoned demons, the Dreadstalkers and Fel Imps? They're not pets. They're DoTs that exist as a physical body instead of a debuff. DemEmp is just Haunt with a less terrible arrangement. Legion Afflic is the mutli-DoT and channel spec, while Demo is more single-target DoT focused with Shadow Bolt as filler. So of course you can't order your demon army around on a moment's notice, that would totally break the target investment you're supposed to have.

For my own part, I'm still wavering between Demo and Destro. Destro treated me well in Cata and Mists, but I'm not fond of just chain casting Chaos Bolts out. Demo is aesthetically really cool, but I really want to get some hands on experience with it before I commit. Since an Alpha invite doesn't seem to be in the cards, this may stay unresolved until the final Open Beta phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Spectator..
    Which spec? Doomcrier, Hater or Whiner?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Which spec? Doomcrier, Hater or Whiner?
    I will be playing a broke, sleepless, new father you champion of the clever yet clueless internet retort.

Deleted
    I will be playing a broke, sleepless, new father you champion of the clever yet clueless internet retort.
    that's pretty hardcore

Haha, I enjoyed that one.

Well, simcraft+fight design might influence my choice in the end. And i hope that which legendaries i might get, wont influence it.

But currently considering demo (does tho depend on them changing Pet AI) and Affliction. Not keen on playing destro (some love it, some dont )
    While i hope warlocks will get some changes before legion, I'm sure we'll end up being fine either way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Think ill play mostly affliction probebly tbh.

New demo spec looks terrible and will require more addons than current demo spec (WICH IS AN AWSOME SPEC!!!)
    Dont like summon a few dogs and a few imps then spam shadowbolts. PS: rip soulsfire and demonic leap ill miss you!

I hate the new destro. The spec is just a huge RNG spec now. even the damage on your spells are random dont like haveing a duel or the last % on a boss decided with RNG. cant relly controll when i want to spam my 4 chaos bolts on a trinket proc so the brun "phase" is gone now. The artifact and portals looks cool and though

I do not like the new resource system eather. liked haveing diffrent resources for each spec: embers for destro, demonic fury for demo and soulshards for affliction. the demonic fury could have worked like: call dreadstalkers costs 150 demoic fury.

Dont like the idea of not haveing any propper cooldown like we got now cause dark souls is gone and our big demon is now a mediocre demon.

Well all this is still in the alpha. I have not tryed the spec yet so i just gotta wait and see for myslef.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    No poll? Affliction too. Demonology is tempting, but affliction has always been the "old reliable" spec (minus vanilla).
    What? Really?!

80% of all locks went SM/Ruin 30/0/21.
    15% went down the Demonic Sacrifice/Ruin 7/21/23 path

The remaining 5% newbies that couldnt manage their threat went with MD/Ruin aka the never-aggro-lock 0/30/21

Your post shows me with 99.99% certainty that you never touched a lock in vanilla or you were part of the 5%. Sorry but this site needs less bullshit posting and more correct, informative posting.
    Last edited by Grimbolt; 2016-05-09 at 01:24 PM.

Right now I am leaning heavily towards druid. I love druids and their new forms are wonderful. Right now it is a tossup between resto/bear/chicken. All 3 look like something I’d enjoy. I am terrible at kitty, so it really isn’t much of an option.
    Mistweaver looks nice and I am liking the look of WW, so that might be a good option as well.
    Will always have a soft spot for BM and Demo, cause I love the pets, but they aren’t at the top of the list anymore.
    Paladins look very meh to me right now, so I think my main for the last year or so will be parked for a while.
    Shadow gets a nod cause the visuals are fantastic, but otherwise I don't know anything about their direction as yet.