Page 84 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Life Cocoon is already basically full healing the tank on beta, so the change really doesn't do that much for monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I have a question and I apologize if it's been discussed. I tried leveling a new 100 on the alpha as a Mistweaver. I wanted to see how hard it was to DPS my way through the levels. Being healers are always more needed than DPS, I thought it would be the smarter way to level now that you're really focused on one spec at a time.

I was pulling my hair out in the starting zone! I equipped all my int gear, took on the MW spec and I would TP, RSK, TP, BOK repeat with the occasional jade lightning in for shit and giggles. In that shitastic gear, my DPS was 10-14k. It was painfully slow. Am i doing something wrong? Is anyone else seeing numbers like this or if nothing else, anyone else seeing it being that slow? Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenyatta View Post
    I have a question and I apologize if it's been discussed. I tried leveling a new 100 on the alpha as a Mistweaver. I wanted to see how hard it was to DPS my way through the levels. Being healers are always more needed than DPS, I thought it would be the smarter way to level now that you're really focused on one spec at a time.

I was pulling my hair out in the starting zone! I equipped all my int gear, took on the MW spec and I would TP, RSK, TP, BOK repeat with the occasional jade lightning in for shit and giggles. In that shitastic gear, my DPS was 10-14k. It was painfully slow. Am i doing something wrong? Is anyone else seeing numbers like this or if nothing else, anyone else seeing it being that slow? Any help would be appreciated.
    That is just how leveling as Mistweaver is.

Quote Originally Posted by Peachpies View Post
    That is just how leveling as Mistweaver is.
    yeah pretty much this probably, that and they probably figure if you are going healer route first then you probably have a friend or 2 that will do that damage

Deleted
    You start with 680 gear, it gets a little bit faster later on but yeah, really boring. I highly suggest to start with your dps spec and save the artifact power items for your main spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Fankine View Post
    Since the interaction with mastery EF is not bad in 5 groups, you have to run a bunch of mastery for it to be good tho.

Btw, don't compare a baseline spell like EF to raid CD's, they're not the same things, compare hymn to revival, not EF.
    never did son, never did

Well, as stupid as it is, you gain 1% damage by points spent on your artifact, which is pretty much pointless for the leveling process.

But I'm going to guess that buff will make it viable to quest at level 110. It didn't seem so bad once I reached level 110 and went to Suramar, but leveling was attrocious, at 103 I just went Windwalker and never looked back.

Then your issue is just the stupid gold cost they added to swap specs.. let's hope that's really just a placeholder.
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-05-05 at 05:08 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Are there any videos or streamers for raid testing with MW? Everyone I have watched has not had any in the raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Then your issue is just the stupid gold cost they added to swap specs.. let's hope that's really just a placeholder.
    I don't think it's so stupid. Maybe they just want to control the inflated gold. Gold has inflated to a ridiculous number, after the wow token.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I don't think it's so stupid. Maybe they just want to control the inflated gold. Gold has inflated to a ridiculous number, after the wow token.
    You realize the wow token didn't actually put any gold into the economy, right? You can't be THAT dense.

Garrisons are the main offender of the inflation, but you'd be stupid to think some inflation wouldn't happen each expansion, anyway. It always does and it always will, no matter how many gold sinks they issue into the game.

Putting a cost on switching a spec, which is currently free, is just asinine and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You realize the wow token didn't actually put any gold into the economy, right? You can't be THAT dense.

Garrisons are the main offender of the inflation, but you'd be stupid to think some inflation wouldn't happen each expansion, anyway. It always does and it always will, no matter how many gold sinks they issue into the game.

Putting a cost on switching a spec, which is currently free, is just asinine and unnecessary.
    Double checking since I'm not on alpha, you are saying you are mad that it cost gold to change out a spec? Like it cost gold on live to do with a trainer?

- - - Updated - - -

And judging by the new build the abilities listed all got a buff lol.

Breath of Fire Breathe fire on targets in front of you, causing [ 2 + 131.08% 200% of AP ] Fire damage. Targets affected by Keg Smash will also burn for [ 8 + 19.6% 30% of AP ] Fire damage over 8 sec. Unlimited range. Instant.
    Exploding Keg Name changed from "Flaming Keg" to "Exploding Keg". Hurls a flaming keg at the target's location, dealing [ 1 + 250% of AP ] Fire damage to the target and nearby enemies. and causing them to miss their next attack. Artifact. 40 yd range. Instant. 1.2 min cooldown.
    Renewing Mist Surrounds the target with healing mists, restoring [ 60% [ 65% of Spell Power ] health over 20 sec. If Renewing Mist heals a target past maximum health, it will travel to another injured ally within 20 yds. Each time Renewing Mist heals, it has a 4% chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify by 50%. Unlimited range. Instant.
    Sheilun's Gift Draws in all nearby clouds of mist generated by Sheilun, healing the target for [ 1 + 150% of Spell Power ], increased [ 150% of Nature [ 200% of Spell Power ] per cloud absorbed, up to a maximum of [ 750% of Nature Spell Power Artifact;]. 40 yd range. 2 sec cast.
    Strike of the Windlord Strike with both Fists of the Heavens at all enemies in front of you, dealing [ 2.000 * 1,500% of weapon damage ] damage and reducing movement speed by 0% for 6 sec. Artifact. 2 Chi. Melee range. Instant. 40 sec cooldown.
    Tiger Palm (Brewmaster) Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 1 + 70% of AP ] damage. AP ] damage.
    Tiger Palm (Windwalker) Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 1 + 70% of AP ] damage. AP ] damage.
    Tiger Palm (Mistweaver) Attack with the palm of your hand, dealing [ 1 + 70% of AP ] damage. AP ] damage.

Talents
    Eye of the Tiger Tiger Palm also applies Eye of the Tiger, dealing [ 25% [ 37.5% of AP ] Nature damage to the enemy and 0 healing to the Monk over 8 sec. Monk - Level 15 Talent.
    Gift of the Mists Name changed from "Secret Ingredients" to "Gift of the Mists". Tiger Palm has a 50% chance to reset the remaining cooldown on Keg Smash Gift of the Ox has an up to 100% increased chance to trigger, based on your missing health. Brewmaster Monk - Level 45 Talent.
    Special Delivery Drinking Ironskin or Purifying Brew has a 30% chance to toss a keg high into the air that lands nearby after 3 sec, dealing [ 600% [ 900% of AP ] damage to all enemies within 8 yards and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Brewmaster Monk - Level 90 Talent.

Brewmaster
    Blackout Strike Strike with a blast of Chi energy, dealing [ 325% [ 487.5% of AP ] Physical damage. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. Melee range. Instant. 3 sec cooldown.
    Breath of Fire Breathe fire on targets in front of you, causing [ 2 + 131.08% 200% of AP ] Fire damage. Targets affected by Keg Smash will also burn for [ 8 + 19.6% 30% of AP ] Fire damage over 8 sec. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 2 Chi. Instant. 15 sec cooldown.
    Expel Harm (New) Draw in the positive chi of all Healing Spheres within 30 yards, and expel negative chi, damaging the nearest enemy for 1% of the amount healed. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 15 Energy. Instant.
    Keg Smash Smash a keg of brew on the target, dealing [ 1 + 600% 900% of AP ] damage to all enemies within 8 yds and reducing their movement speed by 50% for 15 sec. Reduces the remaining cooldown on Ironskin Brew and Purifying Brew by 4 sec. Monk - Brewmaster Spec. 40 Energy. 15 yd range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown.

Mistweaver
    Renewing Mist Surrounds the target with healing mists, restoring [ 60% [ 65% of Spell Power ] health over 20 sec. If Renewing Mist heals a target past maximum health, it will travel to another injured ally within 20 yds. Each time Renewing Mist heals, it has a 4% chance to increase the healing of your next Vivify by 50%. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. 2.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 8 sec cooldown.
    Soothing Mist Effuse, Enveloping Mist, Vivify, and Life Cocoon also trigger Soothing Mist. After casting these spells, you continue to channel healing mists into the target, healing them for [ 1 + 40% 50% of Spell Power ] every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. 40 yd range.
    Vivify Causes a surge of invigorating mists around the target, healing them and their 2 nearest injured allies for [ 225% [ 250% of Spell Power ]. Limited to 3 targets. Monk - Mistweaver Spec. 4.5% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    Double checking since I'm not on alpha, you are saying you are mad that it cost gold to change out a spec? Like it cost gold on live to do with a trainer?
    No. Now you can switch to any spec at will, but swapping from your primary spec to another spec costs 100 gold. So they basically got rid of dual spec but gave you a portable class trainer (albeit with action bar memory)??? It's ridiculous atm
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Hmm, that's strange, do we still have dual spec? If we do I don't think it will be that much of a problem to me lol.

No you don't have dual spec anymore.

You have ALL specs.

My issue with the gold cost is that it seems rather unfair towards healers and tanks.. so it really seems like a tax that punishes you for being a healer or a tank. So you queue for a dungeon or LFR, you have to pay 100 gold if you are selected for an off-spec.

It's just an annoyance...
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2016-05-06 at 05:09 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

going live without utility boys

/reroll

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    No you don't have dual spec anymore.

You have ALL specs.

My issue with the gold cost is that it seems rather unfair towards healers and tanks.. so it really seems like a tax that punishes you for being a healer or a tank. So you queue for a dungeon or LFR, you have to pay 100 gold if you are selected for an off-spec.

It's just an annoyance...
    Nah I agree kinda annoying I can't have a saved build now if that's the case, has anyone asked about this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    going live without utility boys

/reroll
    Idk I'm more of a PvP person, monk looks like it will be fun for that anyway

the 100g tag is a palceholder. Might be lower....or might be higher then that.

At this point i really don't know what to do. The buffs ,from this very first tune pass, seems to indicate a design where we barely have any utility compensated by high hps.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    the 100g tag is a palceholder. Might be lower....or might be higher then that.

At this point i really don't know what to do. The buffs ,from this very first tune pass, seems to indicate a design where we barely have any utility compensated by high hps.
    isnt it what we are right now anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Both Fistweaving and Touch of Death are removed. My raid group used MW damage well in Highmaul and BRF, and it's one of the reasons I enjoyed playing the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Minus the high hps :X