Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing that throws me off with Overwatch at the moment; And this could just be because of the Beta. I'm a US West player, with a US Region Battle.Net Account; But I keep getting paired with Korean players that lag insanely...
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Oh, my goodness! Someone has an opinion different than mine!! I must denigrate him in public, making sure to point out how pathetic and pointless his existence must be!

Here's a suggestion, sport: lose the attitude, grab a dictionary, and actually do something with it besides running in fear whenever you see it. Now look up the word opinion. Amazingly enough, if someone doesn't like something you enjoy, it doesn't mean the world will split in two.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the stupid mentality is being a jerk to someone because they happen to not like something you enjoy.

I enjoyed playing the game, but there are parts of the game I didn't enjoy, and I won't be playing it when it goes live. From the sound of it, you and that other rude guy will. So what? Life goes on for all of us, and nobody's been hurt. Adults realize that and get on with things.
    I like this because I pointed out how someone has stupid mentality of saying "if you like the game so much, why aren't you playing it right now!111" because you know, you can like a game and not play it 24/7 is me being rude about his opinion of the game, of which you can totally point it out to me, right?

Deleted
    After playing for 2 days i must say the game is good but not worth the 60 euros. First i was tottaly hooked,played the sh*t out of the game,than after several matches i came to the conclusion that the game is ok but nothing special realy. Personal skill doesnt matter at all. Doesnt matter how good of a player you are, if the pug team is bad you are screwed.Maps are small full of corridors, would like to see some bigger maps thrown in . As a long cs: go and team fortress player there is really nothing new in this game. Team fortress is f2p , cs: go is like 6 bucks during steam summer sale, 12 bucks normally. Dont get me wrong the game is fun, but i have cs go, and TF and didnt personally find anything worthy or fresh to make me switch from cs:go,TF, BF4 to this game.In my opinion the game is worthy to buy only if you have 5 friends who enjoy this kind of game and have some free time. I will skip this game till its down to like 15 bucks.I personally enjoyed Bastion for defense,Pharah for offense but after the beta is over i wont miss the chars/game too much.Plenty other games out there offering the same for free/lower price. Th game is not bad, but nothing ultra special either . good mediocre
    p.s. i kinda start to get bored after 2 days playing
    Last edited by mmocc7940f9862; 2016-05-06 at 11:24 AM.

Your ability to have a fun time playing this game is linked to your luck on getting sided with the winning team. Very rarely do matches end up with that perfect skill split and the win/lose is decided in the last few seconds of the game. Most of the time it's a complete steamroll, which isn't fun at all for the losing team.

So what i have learned so far is that Console Overwatch is better then PC this game was definitely meant to be played with a controller

(yes i understand you can still use a controller on PC)

That moment when you are bastion and the genji used reflect but you didn't shoot at him

and then he dies

muahahaha
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I decided to give it a try today and it looks fun so far. No major complaints, blizzard could improve some small issues (for example game goes from fullscreen to windowed mode every time i restart) but i don't want to nitpick. I'm still not sure if I'll buy it or not, its rather expensive.

anyone figure out how to increase your field of view on console?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaralah View Post
    How strange that what people think op is so different from what i think

i think tanks and healers are fine as they are, they all have situational uses that make them good picks

offense heroes are also close to fine, but Reaper i think edges over other flankers too much, they either have to remove movespeed buff from wraith form or maybe lower his health to 200

biggest problem is defense heroes, junkrat is pretty awesome best of the defense heroes i think, and widow is good even just for the sake of her ulti, other four i rarely see any reason to pick tbh even when defending, i ask myself what do they do other heroes doesnt do better? bastion is mainly useful for ripping shields but junkrat does it better from a safe spot, torbjorn is too much ulti dependant his turret is too easy to kill if it is not lvl3, hanzo only has his ult over widow and there are much more guaranteed area clear ultimates, and mei is easy kill for any offense hero i can only see her killing mccree if he misses his stun thats about it, i understand that bastion or mei can be worked with a team built around them but that is a tall order especially if you are doing solo q.
    Hanzo is a much more mobile sniper though... you cant compare the 2. Widow is your traditional sniper while hanzo has the capability of being accurate and aware of his surroundings while also being mobile. Widow cannot do that while scoped and her assault rifle is mediocre at best and cannot 1v1 a full hp offense hero. It's mainly used to finish off someone or fire off some shots while re positioning to a better spot.
    Each hero has a role.
    As for the person who said mc crees ult takes no skill.... LMFAO. Sure it seems simple enough. If you exclude the fact its the easiest ult to counter in the entire god damn game. Most of the time you ll just use it to quickly pick off a sniper that hasnt spotted you yet because getting multi kills above 2 is very very hard if their team has half a brain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpoison324 View Post
    So what i have learned so far is that Console Overwatch is better then PC this game was definitely meant to be played with a controller

(yes i understand you can still use a controller on PC)
    OMG HAHAHAHA I can't even... I really want to see how people play genji and tracer with a controller with no aim help versus people with mouse and keyboard

I have had way more fun solo queuing in the brawl. With people unable to stack for their k/d, it's a lot more wild. But it can be bad wild.

Still having an amazing time playing though. This brawl is a great way to learn all the characters with people doing the same too.

I would like to see some way to obtain gold a little easier. I guess as you get much higher and get more and more duplicates your gold will steadily increase. Maybe a quest system.

The game is good in general, but there are ridiculous heroes in game whoever though about implementing them need to be fired. Things like bastion ...you fucking design a hero about its sole purpose to camp others and to add salt to injury you give it ability to heal itself...WTF ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I see a lot of people thinking certain characters are weak or that certain comps suck when in fact no character is weak and comps you think wouldn't work are some of the best in the game. All will be revealed in time for people that stick with the game. Until then, new players are going to follow the Blizzard recommended comps and bitch at you for doing things like using "3 tanks" when there's a Zarya, Winston and Reinhardt, not realizing that Zarya is incredibly strong dps and can wipe teams, Winston is insane at breaking up the enemy team and allowing you to push all while easily picking off supports and snipers and getting on point instantly and Reinhardt is just an all around good pick no matter what. Symmetra and Torb are both super strong, not weak like some people say. But people don't realize how important teamwork is. A Bastion can die constantly or he can have a team behind him and melt everyone. It all depends on your team. I've even heard people say that Widowmaker sucks. Lol, she's arguably the strongest hero in the game. How good she is depends on how good your aim is. If you're free to shoot and have good aim, you can constantly pick off their whole team.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

I agree that the brawl is really good at getting to know heroes. There are surely some heroes that you jsut don't pick when you get to choose. I learned to play Mei and Symmetra.

Specifically Symmetra with teleport can win a game. Seriously... allowing your team to get back to frontline immediately while your enemies have to run is very powerful thing to do. Those tiny turrets too... they die if you sneeze at them, sometimes it is really hard to notice them before they kill you and even if you do notice them you may be on low health. Not to mention that secondary attack... I think it passes trough shields. Got a reinhardt with team behind a shield? Shoot couple of those orbs there. They seem to do tons of damage IF they hit which is rare, but shield is a rather large so they usually hit at least those.

I'm starting to love symmetra even if I don't like the way she looks. She looks like some cyber whore. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    The game is good in general, but there are ridiculous heroes in game whoever though about implementing them need to be fired. Things like bastion ...you fucking design a hero about its sole purpose to camp others and to add salt to injury you give it ability to heal itself...WTF ?
    Put the salt away, his heal is negligible and if he is healing he ain't killing. There are tons of ways to deal with him, hell I celebrate when I see him because I am going to enjoy rolling that bad boy. They only get kills when they get the drop on you but the biggest mistake any sniper/bastion makes is staying in the same spot once they get a kill like the killed don't get to see where they are in the kill cam and then tells their team where they are in team chat.

*hint* use team chat to sick your team on them once you expose them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I agree that the brawl is really good at getting to know heroes. There are surely some heroes that you jsut don't pick when you get to choose. I learned to play Mei and Symmetra.

Specifically Symmetra with teleport can win a game. Seriously... allowing your team to get back to frontline immediately while your enemies have to run is very powerful thing to do. Those tiny turrets too... they die if you sneeze at them, sometimes it is really hard to notice them before they kill you and even if you do notice them you may be on low health. Not to mention that secondary attack... I think it passes trough shields. Got a reinhardt with team behind a shield? Shoot couple of those orbs there. They seem to do tons of damage IF they hit which is rare, but shield is a rather large so they usually hit at least those.

I'm starting to love symmetra even if I don't like the way she looks. She looks like some cyber whore. :/
    Not to mention that if you have to chose between tiny turret and guys shooting you most players chose the guys as targets and not turrets.

You can counter him, but you need team synergy. He's overpowered against bad teams for sure. Good teams can keep him in check.

Going through this thread I've learned that Overwatch is too casual, too hardcore, every hero is both OP and too weak, half the heroes require no skill, no heroes require skill, and the game is both too fast and too slow.

A lot of complaints about Bastion too, he's really strong when in his ideal situation but I've managed to win (what seems like most) of the games, even when they have Bastion. I play Pharah and Widowmaker more than the others though so he's an easy kill for me. I'm not saying he doesn't need to be changed because I'm not the expert on these things, I'm just saying he hasn't been obliterating my games. Anecdotal evidence etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

If you see a bastion he should be a high priority to get rid of, if you get killed before you can get him tell your team where he is, he will die. If you start using the in game voice chat you may find your success rates go up, an informed team is a better team. "WidowMaker on second floor of building on left of control point" boom she dies. "Bastion on porch on left side building before control point, boom he dies." Turrets and snipers excel at getting kills when no one knows where they are. Kill cams show you where they are, so tell your team and they will be dead before you get out of the penalty box.

I can't say it enough, use the voice chat and your success rate will go up.

if you know there is a bastion and you continue to saunter up a long firing alley like it is business as usual then you deserved to die for being stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    No offense but him and Torbjorn are the noob killers. They're very easy to counter once you have a better grasp of the game, map positioning and synergize well with your team.

Confident at higher level play you'll probably never see those characters being played because theres other heroes that do their job better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Going through this thread I've learned that Overwatch is too casual, too hardcore, every hero is both OP and too weak, half the heroes require no skill, no heroes require skill, and the game is both too fast and too slow.

A lot of complaints about Bastion too, he's really strong when in his ideal situation but I've managed to win (what seems like most) of the games, even when they have Bastion. I play Pharah and Widowmaker more than the others though so he's an easy kill for me. I'm not saying he doesn't need to be changed because I'm not the expert on these things, I'm just saying he hasn't been obliterating my games. Anecdotal evidence etc.
    Don't know if you played previous versions of the game but Bastion is a lot more manageable now. Why people like Pharah and Widowmaker do so well against him is because he doesn't have a shield anymore. He used to have a Reinhardt like shield infront of him in turret mode that was ridiculously overpowered. They removed it, buffed his health and he's alot easier to kill now.

I took some advice on the Reaper. Turns out I was yet again using a hero wrong. All I had ever seen how Reapers came in and killed me. Now I can't be sure if I was just lucky or if I did things right, but my team was defending a point. Enemy team had a bastion and widowmaker. I lost count how many times I ambushed that widowmaker. Bastion was a bit harder since he isn't looking trough a scope all the time, but he was sufficiently easy to ambush too. The point being, I stopped using Reaper as a close range fighter and switched to ambush attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, but the complaint that Blizzard is abusing the "beta" label for a giant marketing promotion of the games is still valid. They've done this for a long time now.
    Not really. Beta tests have had shared duty as marketing tools across a lot of companies for nearly a decade now. It's hardly unique to Blizzard.