Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    These productions make up their poor stories with visual effects, their settings and sometimes with hype. Will it be the case for Warcraft?
    Sounds like you spewed so many bullshit opinions that you actually believe them to be de-facto facts, by this point.

I shouldn't even have to mention the word "Subjective", but here, i'll put it there - Maybe you'll connect the dots. (Probably not, but, you know)

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    Sounds like you spewed so many bullshit opinions that you actually believe them to be de-facto facts, by this point.

I shouldn't even have to mention the word "Subjective", but here, i'll put it there - Maybe you'll connect the dots. (Probably not, but, you know)
    Not sure what triggered you. Did I hurt your feelings by criticizing WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I may be in a vast minority here, but no movie ever made me wanting to play a related game. Not Star Wars and SWTOR or Lord of the Rings and LOTRO or Pixels and Pacman

Don't know, maybe it is just me.
    Movies have never been intended to bring players into game. It's game, that have always been intended to make players want to see movie. Movies, cartoons, comics, books - are just extra way of extracting money from game story.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Not sure what triggered you. Did I hurt your feelings by criticizing WoW?
    1) Burden of proof to your claims. 2) Subjective Claims 3) Returns with Insults in face of being called out on lack of substance in arguments

I mean, you could save face by just not being a jackass. But even that seems beyond you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think this movie is going to bomb so hard it'll deter people from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's what stops me from watching the movie.

i don't want to watch something i know has nothing to do with the thing that got me interested in it in the first place. you could call it an entirely different franchise name and get away with it.
    The movie is very much the story of WC1 just modified to make it a good movie that can exist on its own without sequels. Bli$$ard even approved it. You can be thankfull that they didnt do the first script that was alliance centered (goodguys allianz vs evil horde boringfest).

And on topic:

I started playing again recently because I'm hyped for the movie. I think I wont be the only one.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-05-07 at 03:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    If 50 million people see the movie world wide, and only 2% of them come to play wow - that's a HUGE increase in WoW.

Especially if there are bonuses, extras, advertising enticing people to 'enter the world of Warcraft' with the movie (as trailers etc).
    No amount of bonuses or extras will bind someone for any prolonged amount of time.
    Vanity Pets/Mounts? Only interesting for people who already play.
    Free Game Time? Only interesting if you already have the game.
    Free Game + 1 Month of Game Time? Play for a month and then only those who really like the game stick around... so from those 2% maybe 25%? So 250k people... not really helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    This has to be a joke..
    most folks don't read fantasy. not being sarcastic (I have read lotr several times), but it is true. these days, most people don't read AT ALL, period.

it is a totally different world in terms of people reading than when I grew up (mid-40s now). i have some old collectible books that are arguably decreasing in value because the younger generation has zero interest in buying them, if they are even aware of the authors.

even worse, I have 1920s'/1930s weird tales pulps that I can NOT sell at even a fraction of what they went for 20 years ago.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2016-05-07 at 06:16 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Hype. We are all suckers of hype, it might make people resub just to see Azeroth again. They'll probably log in, fly around for a while, and then remember very quickly why they quit and log out, but it's money in Blizzards pocket.

Deleted
    movie costs me more than 1 month sub. I hope those items will become very rare in the future.
    Last edited by mmocb759c3dfe2; 2016-05-07 at 06:02 PM.

Deleted
    i have a sad feeling that movie will be bad. But it will bring players just like Ad in TV. Some people will learn this game exist and will want to play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creb99 View Post
    I may be in a vast minority here, but no movie ever made me wanting to play a related game. Not Star Wars and SWTOR or Lord of the Rings and LOTRO or Pixels and Pacman

Don't know, maybe it is just me.
    It was the contrary for me. Movies made me play some games I wouldn't have otherwise. It's a great publicity - even more so when they hand out the full game for free!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Ummm.... they are giving away the game for 100% off - in other words FREE. The problem is, WOW is at the very end cycle of it's function - the end game whether it be PVP or PVE. And even with a free level 90 and going through the necessities to raid or pvp, the end game is pretty much dead now and will buried in another month or two. So the number of players who will say or think - WOW is awesome will be extraordinarily low - so while there will be a rather huge influx of new players, I seriously doubt the majority will stick around until Legion, let alone more than a month.