Page 1 of 40
... LastLast

2 Million Gold for the Spider Mount - will Legion have controlled inflation?

Will Legion give so much gold during leveling and questing and class hall quests and world quests that 2 million gold would be something even a casual player can reach in a month or so?

If Blizzard hands out much more gold than they did with the Garrisson they would solve the Garrisson poor-vs-rich problem with inflation.

Having 1 million gold in Legion would be equal have 100k gold in WoD (just example numbers).

Can anyone who leveled to 110 in the Alpha tell me how much gold he made doing that?
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-05-08 at 12:56 AM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Will Legion give so much gold during leveling and questing and class hall quests and world quests that 2 million gold would be something even a casual player can reach in a month or so? If Blizzard hands out much more gold than they did with the Garrisson they would solve the Garrisson poor-vs-rich problem with inflation. Suddenly the 3 million you made in the garrison will be peanuts and having 9 million gold would be nothing special anymore.
    no it won't poor people will stay poor, the garrison was a mistake legion won't give you 1000g per quest.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Someone was probably entering these prices on a Monday morning and was nodding off with their finger on the 0 key.

Then again, he is a Mad merchant.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no it won't poor people will stay poor, the garrison was a mistake legion won't give you 1000g per quest.
    Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.

I wouldn't be surprised if the average player could acquire 2 million gold in a month or two. That being said, I doubt that many items will cost such a massive amount - the spider mount just looks like the money-sink mount for this expansion, like the Tundra Mammoth in WotLK or the Sandstone Drake in Cataclysm.

No, this will only make people buy more tokens from the store, making Blizzard richer, and more players with spider mounts !

I'll admit, that 2.000.000g mount does scare me, in terms of how gold will be distributed in Legion.

Either we will still have plenty of gold income, or they are creating ridiculous priced gold-sinks in order to flush out WoD's gold. The latter being rather laughable, in my opinion, and if that is the case, a clear Token-scheme.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard realized they generated way too much money. There is too much gold in the game. They introduce gold sinks, make gold harder to get.
    I think they're looking in a deflation. But it's not enough. They should find a gold sink that everyone is interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by dlhak View Post
    No, this will only make people buy more tokens from the store, making Blizzard richer, and more players with spider mounts !
    In the EU the token sells for 85k right now. 2 milion/85k*20 €uro = 470 €uro for the mount. That's completely crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly it seems to be more of damage control of what garrisons did to players wealth rather than response to anything in legion. I wouldn't be surprised if its made purely for people who sit on multiple gold caps now thanks to running 10+ garrisons since start.

10+ Year Old Account
    $1000 spider mount, lol.

Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.
    do you have every gladiator mount? i have none, why because a mount is on a vendor are you instantly entitled to it? there will be nearly 400 mounts in the game with the addition of legion why because 1 is ultra expensive are you crying that it's a cash grab?

- - - Updated - - -

In the EU the token sells for 85k right now. 2 milion/85k*20 €uro = 470 €uro for the mount. That's completely crazy.
    and? swift spectral tigers on EU are running around 2-3million already, why don't you get angry at those? call those a token scam cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Blizzard realized they generated way too much money. There is too much gold in the game. They introduce gold sinks, make gold harder to get. I think they're looking in a deflation. But it's not enough. They should find a gold sink that everyone is interested in.
    Gold sinks don't work if they are not forced (like repair costs). Cosmetic items will never make the top 10 rich players into people with average gold. For that to happen you need massive inflation. That ruins the Auction house for a while but unlike the real world most items there are trash once the next expansion gets out anyway and the market will stabilise on a higher price level once again.

Deleted
    You can make a lot of gold pretty quickly in legion... its hard to tell exactly with Place holder drops but daily group quests do give 200-800g per completion and vender trash sells for a lot.

I would say two million while expensive would rough be what a repair mammoth in wrath was give or take a bit. It is a lot but its do able.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    do you have every gladiator mount? i have none, why because a mount is on a vendor are you instantly entitled to it? there will be nearly 400 mounts in the game with the addition of legion why because 1 is ultra expensive are you crying that it's a cash grab?
    You buy the Gladiator mount for gold? You have to play the game and can't buy the mount with tokens you pay for with real money. So this comparison does not work.
    and? swift spectral tigers on EU are running around 2-3million already, why don't you get angry at those? call those a token scam cash grab.
    Those are not items you buy in-game with in-game gold or from the blizzard shop. Those are fan made fantasy prices based on the rarity of old trading cards. Completely different topic.

It's a goldsink. The problem with garrisons was that a lot of gold was being made out of nothing, which caused the inflation that we see now. With items like these, and things like the black market, Blizzard can essentially "delete" gold, which helps with reducing the inflation, as the money is taken out of the active economy.

Can anyone who leveled to 110 in the Alpha tell me how much gold he made doing that?
    I think I've made about ~ 10k during leveling. Didn't really keep track of it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    You can make a lot of gold pretty quickly in legion... its hard to tell exactly with Place holder drops but daily group quests do give 200-800g per completion and vender trash sells for a lot. I would say two million while expensive would rough be what a repair mammoth in wrath was give or take a bit. It is a lot but its do able.
    Thank you. So as I expected. They will close the rich-vs-poor gap they created with the garrison with inflated gold. Makes perfect sense, they just slipped that under the radar but this mount seller gnome made it very clear.

You buy the Gladiator mount for gold? You have to play the game and can't buy the mount with tokens you pay for with real money. So this comparison does not work.

Those are not items you buy in-game with in-game gold or from the blizzard shop. Those are fan made fantasy prices based on the rarity of old trading cards. Completely different topic.
    you can play the game and make 2 million gold just like you play the game to earn gladiator.

it's not a different topic those prices are not fantasy when people are actively buying and selling them for those prices, yes you can buy them the EXACT same way you're describing to buy the spider mount, you can buy wow tokens and buy the SST(swift spectral tiger) from another player for 2-3 million, or you can spend the same money on the trading card code instead of on wow tokens.

I'm more concerned about that 1 million battle pet. For that much it better one-shot everything :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Before WoD, the most I ever had was ~30k. With Garrisons it was 200k.
    2 million sounds beyond impossible.