Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i hope to god they make gold making easy in legion if their going this high. I never bothered much with the garrison cuz it was fucking terrible and i couldnt stomach it. i wanna be able to work towards this mount rather than chasing an impossible dream because i ignored the garrison gold mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    i hope to god they make gold making easy in legion if their going this high. I never bothered much with the garrison cuz it was fucking terrible and i couldnt stomach it. i wanna be able to work towards this mount rather than chasing an impossible dream because i ignored the garrison gold mine.
    well if they make gold making easier for the average player then all prices inflate, who's going to farm herbs and make flasks and sell them at wod prices 2g and 25g if quests give 500g? yeh no-one, prices will adjust to how much gold the average player earns so if gold is plentiful, flasks might be 2500g, pots 250g each, boes 500k you get the idea, mats have to increase to match gold income otherwise no-one farms mats, demand shoots up and yup bang mats cost a fortune because supply is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    we're fans now are we? with fantasy prices?
    lol the bullshit you spew to twist and turn to try make a point it's quite pathetic.
    go ingame tell people selling swift spectral tigers, DUDE IT'S A FANTASY.
    The offical price of the spectral tiger is the list price you payed to the company that sold it. When you resell if to fans for a price you made up because you know that the card is rare and collectors will pay that much, than that's a fantasy price. Not the official price set by Blizzard/Upper Deck. They sold 50 cards in a box for 20$. So the real price of the card was just 40 cents. When you buy that card for 1000$ then Blizzard will not see any of that money nor will Upper Deck.

But if you buy WoW tokens to get gold, that's money going into Blizzards pockets and then you can spend that gold on the in-game mount for a fixed price. No speculation, no reselling, no fantasy prices.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

well if they make gold making easier for the average player then all prices inflate, who's going to farm herbs and make flasks and sell them at wod prices 2g and 25g if quests give 500g? yeh no-one, prices will adjust to how much gold the average player earns so if gold is plentiful, flasks might be 2500g, pots 250g each, boes 500k you get the idea, mats have to increase to match gold income otherwise no-one farms mats, demand shoots up and yup bang mats cost a fortune because supply is low.
    i just hate the idea of making a mount only accessable by garrison farmers. especially with such a unique model. >->

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    They sold 50 cards in a box for 20$. So the real price of the card was just 40 cents.
    that's all the stupidity i need to hear, rarity somehow doesn't affect cost/value?

how's this working out for you in the real world?

that's all the stupidity i need to hear, rarity somehow doesn't affect cost/value?
    how's this working out for you in the real world?
    I'm 100% right. The creators of the card - Blizzard and Upper Deck will not get more than 40 cent for that card. That fans will resell them for more does not add a single cent in their pocket.

If I had 2 million gold, I wouldn't spend it on a mount. Maybe if I had 5 million gold....

Sadly though I only have 700k.

(How did Blizzard manage to make 700,000 gold seem small?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    i just hate the idea of making a mount only accessable by garrison farmers. especially with such a unique model. >->
    i had over 3 million before WoD started, i knew people with more gold than me, yes you have to play the AH, buy low, hoard/wait sell high, catch a hotfix and buy something while it's dirt cheap before prices shoot up, ore shuffle, craft and sell, craft and DE for profit etc.

garrison just allowed a lot more people to get millions but it's certainly do-able without a garrison and playing the AH to make millions was viable in wod and it will be viable in legion as well.

also selling boost runs you can make 50k a night or more boosting people, i recently popped in boosted a 13/13 hc + some PL archimonde heroics and made 45k in 2 hours.

Personally I think they're doing gold sinks wrong. Lots of players aren't going to bother with any of those items because of their outrageous individual prices. I think they should put a heap of smaller gold sinks in game that allow players to choose between what they want, not just boxing them into a few different options.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

If they want it to be an actual gold sink and not look like a way to push tokens, a LOT more people would buy a 200k mount than a 2m mount.

Easily would bring more gold out of the economy. Most people have 200k if they played their garrisons, almost none have 2 million. On top of that, people are more willing to drop 200k and/or earn 200k to drop on the mount. Very few are going to willingly drop 2 million, even those that have that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Blizzard realized they generated way too much money. There is too much gold in the game. They introduce gold sinks, make gold harder to get.
    I think they're looking in a deflation. But it's not enough. They should find a gold sink that everyone is interested in.
    The spider is NOT a goldsink cause rich people wont buy it. Its just to boost token sales.
    The 200k Dalaran Ring on the other hand THATS a gold sink.

I'm 100% right. The creators of the card - Blizzard and Upper Deck will not get more than 40 cent for that card. That fans will resell them for more does not add a single cent in their pocket.
    and thousands of cards will be worthless and blizzard will make 40 cents for each junk card this is how rarity works, you couldn't just go and say here's 40 cents i'd like the spectral tiger loot card thanks, so blizzard didn't need to make more than "40 cents per spectral tiger card" because as you said a box was $20 and it was probably like a 1/200 chance for a box to contain the card.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    Personally I think they're doing gold sinks wrong. Lots of players aren't going to bother with any of those items because of their outrageous individual prices. I think they should put a heap of smaller gold sinks in game that allow players to choose between what they want, not just boxing them into a few different options.
    I think they already decided to go with inflation with WoD and will continue so with legion. We all know that rich players will not turn into poor players because they spend all their gold in cosmetic items. That just won't happen. You need to make the gold be worth less. The way to do that is to hand out more of it. They did that in WoD if you remember.

They have said that the influx of gold will slow down greatly come Legion. I think some of those vendor items are in place to pull gold out of the market and to get people to buy tokens to sell for gold. That still ends up making that spider a few hundred bucks to buy one. There is a chance those prices are just place holders too.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The offical price of the spectral tiger is the list price you payed to the company that sold it. When you resell if to fans for a price you made up because you know that the card is rare and collectors will pay that much, than that's a fantasy price. Not the official price set by Blizzard/Upper Deck. They sold 50 cards in a box for 20$. So the real price of the card was just 40 cents. When you buy that card for 1000$ then Blizzard will not see any of that money nor will Upper Deck.

But if you buy WoW tokens to get gold, that's money going into Blizzards pockets and then you can spend that gold on the in-game mount for a fixed price. No speculation, no reselling, no fantasy prices.
    ya its not a fixed price as the price of tokens change

and thousands of cards will be worthless and blizzard will make 40 cents for each junk card this is how rarity works, you couldn't just go and say here's 40 cents i'd like the spectral tiger loot card thanks, so blizzard didn't need to make more than "40 cents per spectral tiger card" because as you said a box was $20 and it was probably like a 1/200 chance for a box to contain the card.
    For BLIZZARD they are worthless - a few bucks they made in the past. For the resellers they are a great way to get easy money. You really have a problem seperating the company wo released the cards from reselling fans, do you? Blizzard added the rare cards so people would buy much more cards than they need to play the Trading Card GAME. Because they just make 40 cents with each card they needed a way to make people buy much more. Rare cards that are traded are the way to sell more of those 20$ boxes to people who dig for the lucrative card (lucrative for the customer).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    It's designed to be a gold sink, so I highly doubt that they're placeholders.
    No a GOLDSINK is something a LOT of people buy. I bet after Legion more people will run around with the Love Rocket than with this spider mount.

Then 2 million gold for a mount is madness. If you can't get filthy rich in Legion then this is Blizzards way to boost the token sales - with a game that has a subscription fee. That would be disgusting.
    Why is it disgusting? You don't have to buy gold or the mount.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

And intelligent players will farm their own consumables, allowing them to save enough for the cosmetic items they want. It's far too easy to level alts and professions for the market to bear high consumable prices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    The spider is NOT a goldsink cause rich people wont buy it. Its just to boost token sales.
    The 200k Dalaran Ring on the other hand THATS a gold sink.
    thats like saying nothing has ever been a gold sink there just boosting tcg packs so you could sell the mounts.