Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    And now you say the same I say. They will make it cheaper using inflation (see the titel of this topic). But this inflation needs to happen, if it doesn't then the price is crazy.
    no inflation has happened all throughout the game but legion is expected we won't see it, but history tells us it probably will, we can only wait and see, but crying about it in this thread saying omg its a 470 euro mount is just stupid, imagine the opposite happens and we see gold deflation then the mount reaches 750 or 1000 euros.

This mount is made for people like me who have 11+ million, NOT for the random Joes. You can stick to the 5g vendor mounts.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    This mount is made for people like me who have 11+ million, NOT for the random Joes. You can stick to the 5g vendor mounts.
    Exactly my point. I myself can not afford it. But it doesn't mean that prices must be lowered. It will be nice bragging rights mount, if price will stay high.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no inflation has happened all throughout the game
    Yes it has, very significantly so.

Example: During Burning Crusade it was about 1300g for a Spellfire Belt (bis until sunwell). A 6/6 upgraded belt of similar quality (bis until mythic) goes for 50000 gold today and it takes much less time to get 50k gold during WoD than it took to get 1300 gold during BC.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    thats like saying nothing has ever been a gold sink there just boosting tcg packs so you could sell the mounts.
    No thats me saying that everyone can travel into space if you have have 2mill bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for PROVING that its NOT a goldsink.

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Blizzard realized they generated way too much money. There is too much gold in the game. They introduce gold sinks, make gold harder to get.
    I think they're looking in a deflation. But it's not enough. They should find a gold sink that everyone is interested in.
    Even still, making a 2m gold mount is a tad ridiculous. That needs to be nerfed immediately because man it'd be really stupid to have a mount priced that high.

Even 200k is pushing it, but I'd say it's acceptable given WoD. 2m though is laughably not going to happen.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No thats me saying that everyone can travel into space if you have have 2mill bucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for PROVING that its NOT a goldsink.
    Oh it is a gold sink. But it is like 1 mount of around 600 unique in game ones. There are many pretty mounts that can be obtained with ease and 1 costing 2 mil is not a big deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Even still, making a 2m gold mount is a tad ridiculous. That needs to be nerfed immediately because man it'd be really stupid to have a mount priced that high.

Even 200k is pushing it, but I'd say it's acceptable given WoD. 2m though is laughably not going to happen.
    Why? Does the mount affect your character power in any way? So what if something is priced towards people who spent time earning their gold. Like I said there are 600 or so unique mounts in WoW and pretty ones at that. I sure as shit will never be able to afford it but it isn;t exactly going to affect me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Oh it is a gold sink. But it is like 1 mount of around 600 unique in game ones. There are many pretty mounts that can be obtained with ease and 1 costing 2 mil is not a big deal.
    I'm guessing you've been running 11 garrisons for awhile. Not everyone has done that. Edit: Read the second quote.

I've religiously been running at least 1 since WoD launched and am currently running 3. I've never had 2M, and if I'm lucky, I should hit it by Legion. Sitting at about 1.55M atm.

No, it's a pretty huge deal to have a 2M mount. It's beyond unreasonable.

Why? Does the mount affect your character power in any way? So what if something is priced towards people who spent time earning their gold. Like I said there are 600 or so unique mounts in WoW and pretty ones at that.
    Because it's ridiculous. It's not something players can shoot for (100k, 200k, etc). 2M is ridiculous and just crushes people for ever trying to get it. 200k and it takes away a large chunk of money from people but keeps everyone happy. They can continue making 6-figure vanity gold sinks to drain the economy. Making a 7-figure one is just a huge middle finger to everyone involved because of their mistake, not ours.

PS: No, it doesn't affect character power, but as a mount collector, it makes me sad to know that I won't ever ride it, because I'm not spending literally all my gold (and then some) on a singular mount. Now the 100-200k gold sink becomes a 0 gold sink for me. See the problem? I'm not gonna be the only person to have this thinking either. Same with the toy priced at 250k. I'm not buying any of that stuff now because of the ridiculous prices.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2016-05-08 at 01:42 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I think Blizzard is thinking this will help remove gold from the economy. Sadly it will not. The whales in the game will not notice the loss of gold if they CHOOSE and choose is they keyword here, to buy the mount or pet or whatever other garbage the vendor sells. What this will do is hurt those who are avid mount/pet/whatever collectors who do not have vast sums of gold. So they will buy and sell tokens, or farm/grind heavily to get this gold. Which in turn could drive down prices on the auction house which in turn just allow the rich in the game to stay rich while those trying to become richer in game will have to deal with goods that probably will sell at lower prices as people go for these overpriced items that they cannot currently afford to buy.

In other words I can see the token falling back down below 25-30k gold for US realms. Also things like herbs and ore to go for real cheap because of more people farming to earn gold.
    I have been chosen by the big metal hand in the sky!

No they didn't make a mount for 50 people, it's most likely a placeholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Maybe so and if it isn't then it's for the elite few willing to farm gold like it's their life.

I'm guessing you've been running 11 garrisons for awhile. Not everyone has done that. Edit: Read the second quote.

I've religiously been running at least 1 since WoD launched and am currently running 3. I've never had 2M, and if I'm lucky, I should hit it by Legion. Sitting at about 1.55M atm.

Because it's ridiculous. It's not something players can shoot for (100k, 200k, etc). 2M is ridiculous and just crushes people for ever trying to get it. 200k and it takes away a large chunk of money from people but keeps everyone happy. They can continue making 6-figure vanity gold sinks to drain the economy. Making a 7-figure one is just a huge middle finger to everyone involved because of their mistake, not ours.

PS: No, it doesn't affect character power, but as a mount collector, it makes me sad to know that I won't ever ride it, because I'm not spending literally all my gold (and then some) on a singular mount. Now the 100-200k gold sink becomes a 0 gold sink for me. See the problem? I'm not gonna be the only person to have this thinking either. Same with the toy priced at 250k. I'm not buying any of that stuff now because of the ridiculous prices.
    you know what you can shoot for with that? the 250k toy, why because it's a mount does it mean you're entitled to it?

also you're not the person they are looking for with gold sinks with your pitiful amount of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

lol 50 people, i play on tarren mill EU, the server has over 100 people who could buy that mount, probably 200 or more.

Don't buy it then. It is your choice and the pricing is not aimed at you specifically from what I have read.

Maybe so and if it isn't then it's for the elite few willing to farm gold like it's their life.
    they do that for gladiator mounts every season.

if youre gonna sell a mount for 2 million, then atleast make it more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    then it comes down to whats more profitable questing or gathering, think about it if they can farm their own consumables they can also sell them to make gold, suddenly oh you're making gold without the garrison the old skool way, you can farm everything yourself but that requires playing the game a lot, playing the game a lot = yes you're going to have a lot of gold.
    You don't need to play the game a lot to farm for consumables. You just have to manage your time properly. Get a mining and herbalism alt, and collect everything you can while you slowly level it. Then it's as simple as just pick one day to go farm materials every week, and you'll have plenty of resources for yourself and most likely have surplus to sell. Stash all the green and blue BoEs you find while leveling/playing, and disenchant them whenever your bank is full.

The game is only as time-consuming as you choose to make it.

they do that every pvp season - gladiator mounts.

Deleted
    dont see a problem with the price, just make sure theres no recoloured spiders anywhere else available and youll have a nice unique mount, shame the price will get reduced due to all the cry baby "waaah i want everything" crowd

I'm not worried about the price. Alpha/Beta being what it is, often the prices are completely crazy.

I can afford to buy the mount at 2m, but I won't. I'd rather pay for my sub with that gold, personally.

But I would like to see more 'crazy absurdly expensive' type cosmetics out there for me/others to aspire to.

Especially if Blizzard can find a way to justify developing completely new models for them.

(I haven't even bought the pricy Pandaria mount, and that one's cheap in comparison, but so am I) =)

IF they put better items on BMAH everyday other than 1 mechanopeep it would help a lot on gold sink