Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Doing Timewalker as a tank with actually timewalker gear

Here I am, in Shattered Halls doing 90% of the damage, 90% of the healing and clearing huge pulls, our boomkin does one starfall and pulls 5 extra packs and we all die.

Everyone starts to complain "omg tank wuy u run so far i cant heal omgG", "u shouldnt pull so many mobs if u cant tank" ETC....

I can literally solo this, if this cunt ass druid didn't pull and kill us 3 times. I tell the warrior contributing with 3% overall damage done to stfu because if you dont even give to the group and get carried you should probably not speak. (Atleast thats how I see it, not like you QQ that your group is wiping if you are the problem right?)

They all tell me im an elitist asshole and QQing that I LoS while the healer isnt really doing anything in the first place, only QQing cuz we died.

Then they said "if ur so god whty dont u solo last bos huh".

Fucking shanked the last boss within 20 seconds Because DK tanks OP.

Man why can't people stop being retarded and be happy if some tank or dps have super TW gear and solos the entire instance? Why so much hate to the people who makes the game easier for most some people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SheepHunter View Post
    I can literally solo this, if this *cough* druid didn't pull and kill us 3 times. I tell the warrior contributing with 3% overall damage done to stfu because if you dont even give to the group and get carried you should probably not speak.
    With an attitude like this, I'm willing to believe you were at least 90% of the problem without knowing the rest of the story. You are an elitist asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    With an attitude like this, I'm willing to believe you were at least 90% of the problem without knowing the rest of the story. You are an elitist asshole.
    The druid casted starfall and pulled 5 other packs wiping me then killing group. So if I'm dedicated enough to gear and can solo timewalker i should be hated for it? got it m7.

Not like I'm an asshole from the start, if people start shit talk me for my efforts they should expect shit back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    1. You shouldn't be that overpowered, it's just dumb. I've been there, it's boring when you're that overpowered and you do things to make it interesting. At the end of MOP I used to mount up and run to the boss, the rest of my group would die because they'd try to fight the adds, then I'd solo the boss and all the adds who chased me down.
    Why not? why cant I blast through the timewalking instances if I spent 10x time gearing just for that moment? It's just a reward for my efforts.

About the matchmaking, I srsly have no idea how people can complete timewalking with a tank as bad as some dps I've seen during my runs. And a system that matches bad with bad would break the game meaning they would never complete a timewalking dungeon.

Here I am, in Shattered Halls doing 90% of the damage, 90% of the healing and clearing huge pulls, our boomkin does one starfall and pulls 5 extra packs and we all die.

Everyone starts to complain "omg tank wuy u run so far i cant heal omgG", "u shouldnt pull so many mobs if u cant tank" ETC....

I can literally solo this, if this cunt ass druid didn't pull and kill us 3 times. I tell the warrior contributing with 3% overall damage done to stfu because if you dont even give to the group and get carried you should probably not speak. (Atleast thats how I see it, not like you QQ that your group is wiping if you are the problem right?)

They all tell me im an elitist asshole and QQing that I LoS while the healer isnt really doing anything in the first place, only QQing cuz we died.

Man why can't people stop being retarded and be happy if some tank or dps have super TW gear and solos the entire instance? Why so much hate to the people who makes the game easier for most some people?
    I call BS on you claiming to be able to solo Time-Walking.

OP, why didn't you just kicked the druid who failed?

Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    Google it, it is quite possible to do with right gear and tier set bonuses as a BDK.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    OP, why didn't you just kicked the druid who failed?
    I tried so hard to kick him and gave reasons like "wiping us because pulling everything" but after 3 times of "vote kick failed" I really got salty.

You should never be able to gear that well that you can easily solo dungeons that give you concrete rewards, that's too much.

As far as matchmaking, that's where they should utilize different difficulty levels and make it hard to get into the higher level difficulties.
    Sockets doesnt get scaled down meaning you can get ridiculous stats, not like you can get the best loot in the game from timewalkers, its just something fun that we can break without acually breaking the game.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ossalus/simple my armory of my dk with sik gear.

Each deathstrike heals me for 200% of my HP and gives me quite the absorb shield.
    Last edited by SheepHunter; 2016-05-08 at 04:12 PM.

Skip around to 2:34 in the video, pretty much carried the group, but the warrior did alright. Definitely possible to solo TW with the right gear.

I'd believe some tanks can solo timewalking with careful pulls, but with his claims of a druid pulling 5 extra groups at once (where do you tank mobs such that there are 5 wandering packs nearby?) and him doing 90% of the group damage (I could believe 80%, but 90% means he'd have to be paired with 3 people doing ~0.5k each and him doing 14k), I just assume he's exaggerating on multiple accounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    a good tank woud know that some of the mobs are infight with eachother and not many druids know this and use starfall cause it doesnt pull mobs that are not infight but starfall dont know if you made the mobs go infight or if they where infight all the time with each other and so starfall pulls everything that is infight with something

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    a good tank woud know that some of the mobs are infight with eachother and not many druids know this and use starfall cause it doesnt pull mobs that are not infight but starfall dont know if you made the mobs go infight or if they where infight all the time with each other and so starfall pulls everything that is infight with something
    That druid had the legendary ring so he should know how to play his own class and not wipe the entire party.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite easy with the right gear.

Last edited by Illiterate; 2016-05-08 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is there no way to group with people you like and the queue for Instances? But if there is I guess the answer will be "But I have no friends / my friends are not online and I still want to play" - which is fair enough, but that is why it is "random" matchmaking. How else can you solve it that you are only grouped with people who do not disappoint your expectations? Do you want to program a rating system based on ..what...so that you do not have to suffer a bad LFG experience?
    There is, if you go into the group finder and type TW or Timewalking you will see all kinds of groups only accepting people with 18+ sockets + legendary cape.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I'll side with the OP on this. Hunter's Barrage and Druid's Starfall seems to be a consistent pain in the ass for everyone. I understand it, you have lots of mobs and mass AOE is where the money is, but not all of them can control it that's when things get sideways. Assuming what the OP said is correct, then it really is shame on the others for not knowing what was causing the over pulls, which is rarely the tank and normally one of the other DPSers who are in a hurry.

BIf you match bad players with bad players, suddenly they have to learn how to play or else you segregate them into lower difficulties. Not a bad thing. They also get challenged instead of just running along feeling good. Good players don't have to deal with them anymore, making the game far more enjoyable.
    I agree this is how it should be. At worst, you only make the bad players frustrated. If you constantly try and mix the two, you make the bad AND the good players frustrated.
    RETH

That druid had the legendary ring so he should know how to play his own class and not wipe the entire party.
    Sadly that's a huge stretch since you can pretty much get a legendary ring by literally afking.

If you match bad players with bad players, suddenly they have to learn how to play or else you segregate them into lower difficulties. Not a bad thing. They also get challenged instead of just running along feeling good. Good players don't have to deal with them anymore, making the game far more enjoyable.
    Sadly that does not work like that, it was proven by Cata heroics at launch. Bad players rarely learn. They cancel their subs and create lots of whine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    There is, if you go into the group finder and type TW or Timewalking you will see all kinds of groups only accepting people with 18+ sockets + legendary cape.
    Which is stupid, all right; but having to carry a lvl 100 mage who is dealing 700 dps is way more stupid than that. And you know, if only his dps was the problem... he usually also runs ahead of tank and pulls everything (and eventially dies), and continues to do that even after being politely told to stop. There are things which any lvl100 player should be able to do, not pulling ahead of tank and dealing at least 3k dps are among them. I run TW with my resto druid alt without any special gear - because a healer don't really need that - and I often outdps some of lvl100 "damage dealers" with my lazy optional wrath spam... that's just ridiculous.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-08 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Sadly that's a huge stretch since you can pretty much get a legendary ring by literally afking.

Sadly that does not work like that, it was proven by Cata heroics at launch. Bad players rarely learn. They cancel their subs and create lots of whine instead.

Which is stupid, all right; but having to carry a lvl 100 mage who is dealing 700 dps is way more stupid than that.
    oh noes, having to carry a person in TW content?
    who
    freaking
    cares
    Protip: If you get salty about carrying a person in a RANDOM group in some of the easiest content in the game, than you aren't as good as you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    oh noes, having to carry a person in TW content?
    who
    freaking
    cares
    Protip: If you get salty about carrying a person in a RANDOM group in some of the easiest content in the game, than you aren't as good as you think you are.
    Oh look, a troll. Have a cookie, bon appetit.

By the way, the thread is not about having to carry, the thread is about a sheer stupidity of some of those who are being carried.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-05-08 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted

You might have noticed that with writing like this, a lot of people will just call you the problem cos of your language, ignoring what you say about the actual happenings in the dungeon run.

Kinda sad that you can just get jumped on 'cuz ur an elitest asshole' when you have a point hidden under the french

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    You might have noticed that with writing like this, a lot of people will just call you the problem cos of your language, ignoring what you say about the actual happenings in the dungeon run.

Kinda sad that you can just get jumped on 'cuz ur an elitest asshole' when you have a point hidden under the french
    You QQ about the way im writing the story while 90% of the other people posting in this thread is having discussions, I could write like a redditor but I feel it's a waste of everyone's time considering they understand my shorter version.