Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What a shit thread to walk into first thing on a Sunday morning.

Some of you are fucking disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, she allegedly hit him first. And while I don't think it's reasonable to ever use violence to solve problems, if the roles were switched, no one would give a single shit. People would be saying that it was brave of the girl to defend herself. She would get a medal.

I know some of you guys are pretty hardened against "SJWs," but come on. It's one thing to be skeptical, and it's a whole other coming up with a whole litany of excuses of why pretty damning audio is in fact ambiguous and without context. If you heard that same thing coming from the house next door, any person with a shred of decency would call the police and knock their door down to try and stop it. If you feel justified in drawing such a conclusion in real life, then why is it so wrong to do the same when it's in an audio clip on the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Well, she allegedly hit him first.
    Actually that is what *he* claims, in the video you can hear her say "you started it". So "who started it" is debatable, also basically irrelevant as what happened after that clearly escalated beyond self-defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    It's for the woman in question to decide wether she needs any "outside help" or not.

Social media needs to shut up.

People's private lives isn't anyone's business, especially not that of the government.
    You're right that social media needs to shut up but if a woman (or man) who gets beaten decides she doesn't need outside help, she's wrong. Not necessarily so in this case but in general, many don't do anything about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Being supposedly "drunk" doesn't excuse domestic violence. It doesn't matter who started it, taking it to that level - regardless of gender, is taking it too far. I think that a proper investigation of a variety of things should be launched on the matter, but that's just me.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Oh it was uploaded... wow, maybe they should've reported it to the authorities instead of turning it into a social media frenzy of awkward idiots that pretend they get to decide what other people's relationships should look like? Just an idea. You know, if they were really interested in helping the woman..

And I can very clearly see what you're doing here. Pretending you're fighting some good cause, but in reality you're just being a malicious and rotten, twisting people's words and trying to blame them for victim-blaming, accusing people that don't agree with you of being abusive.

Want a Trigglypuff award?
    You know, just because you are angry at activists doesn't mean you have to defend every piece of shit that is accused of beating his girlfriend. If not for the politically charged atmosphere we're currently suffering through, you know you'd be drawing the same conclusions as the rest of us.

Must be a somewhat sad retreating completely into those fantasy worlds. I hope those posters let their waifus off easy tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    (in the grand scheme of things)
    Out of boredom with that argument in mind isn't it quite the contradiction ever visit any forum not even mentioning post in any thread ?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    I know some of you guys are pretty hardened against "SJWs," but come on. It's one thing to be skeptical, and it's a whole other coming up with a whole litany of excuses of why pretty damning audio is in fact ambiguous and without context. If you heard that same thing coming from the house next door, any person with a shred of decency would call the police and knock their door down to try and stop it. If you feel justified in drawing such a conclusion in real life, then why is it so wrong to do the same when it's in an audio clip on the internet?
    Its the fact that it is only Audio. Audio without Visual can often be taken out of context extremely easily. No one is saying "he did nothing wrong" Many people are saying before people go on a social media witch hunt because of what they perceive the context of the Audio to be, maybe it should be left to actual authorities to go in and find out what ACTUALLY happened from the people involved.

Fuck me, it's like ignorant mob justice has become the new hip thing to do for idiots these days.

I don't understand why you're taking that tone since I'm neither accusing you of anything or even being aggressive myself. Either way, different people, different effects I guess. For me personally the audio wasn't overly intense or shocking beyond the natural response it tends to generate considering I myself grew up in that kind of environment. I don't lack empathy I just don't understand the moral of this story. It's nothing apparently significant abuse wise like murder or severe mutilation so what are we realistically supposed to talk about? Wow that's awful, speculate on what happened in this pretty meaningless (in the grand scheme of things) event or broach the ever popular topic of 'Men should be able to hit women too!'. It just feels like drama that has no real point beyond stirring up the rabid locals.
    No tone, I just did not understand what your point was. I mean, yes bad things happen on a daily basis but the story didn't seem super blown up and had gone unmentioned here.

If you're asking why I posted it, I never would have thought to do so until I watched a response video that was in the sidebar of the video with the audio on it in Youtube and was amazed that people would think to actually blame the woman in this situation, aka "maybe she did something bad like cheating to deserve it". Which is a pretty messed up POV.

I have no regrets about posting it here, I am amazed at some of the responses and even allowing for the probability that one or more respondents in this thread are blatantly trolling I think it has brought a new found appreciation of US domestic violence laws for me. Because "it's no one's business but their own" is what perpetuates this sort of behavior, over generations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it again, the full investigation is needed before further judgement. Having only Audio doesn't necessarily mean it's clear cut and dry.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Its the fact that it is only Audio. Audio without Visual can often be taken out of context extremely easily. No one is saying "he did nothing wrong" Many people are saying before people go on a social media witch hunt because of what they perceive the context of the Audio to be, maybe it should be left to actual authorities to go in and find out what ACTUALLY happened from the people involved.

Fuck me, it's like ignorant mob justice has become the new hip thing to do for idiots these days.
    You want to damn people going on "witch hunts," be my guest. But we're people on a forum having a discussion. We're not some court of law whose opinions determine the fate of the world. Call me old-fashioned, but when I hear something that fucked up, I'm going to draw conclusions. We draw conclusions every day based on limited evidence. But because this is the internet, we're expected to have some sort of objectivity because our opinions become magnified a million times. Well sorry, I'm not responsible for the mob. I can safely say "fuck that guy." But then again, I'm not some nosy prick who's going to try and take justice in their own hands based on what I believe. Again, what THEY do is none of my concern.

I wouldn't say so no. There are plenty of threads that talk about larger events or effects such as changes to a game millions play or events in Europe. My point was less to go down the rabbit hole of 'Well everything is just subjectively valuable, man' and more to the point of 'It's awful that your grandmother died but I don't know why it needs a thread'.
    well certainly interesting especially mentioning something as insignificant as a game. Different priorities
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-05-08 at 04:57 PM.

They're being sensible for a change.
    But that's like, what was expected of them. And what do you think they meant by "they need to make sure there is a victim" if the incident is being investigated and the recording isn't enough?

Some laws are just bad, like those domestic violence nanny laws you're referring to. Laws which are not applicable to the OP apparently, because the cops already replied in the meantime that by the footage provided they couldn't conclude there actually was a victim.
    But that's standard procedure. Yet you act surprised. It appears you have some straw-man of what domestic violence laws actually are in your mind. And you're misrepresenting what the cops said. The part of Winter's post you quoted said that the incident is being investigated. Not that it was investigated and dropped. So who knows, maybe they do apply to the OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    yup as many have said, she needs to call the cops and let them decide whats up. Its really none of our business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    This is pathetic 3 year old play ground logic.

The actual laws look at proportion of force used.

If a 100 lb person bitch slaps a 200 lb person, that doesn't justify the 200lb person to beat the shit out of them.

If you think it does, you have no idea. You clearly need to pursue education beyond kindergarten to correct this ridiculously flawed point of view.
    Actually it shouldn't (never heard of that law). If we follow your logic 100lb people can go around hitting anyone bigger than them and expect no retaliation? "Because I am not as strong so he shouldn't hit me?"

No. That's not how it works. If you are ready to hit someone, you should get ready to get hit back, regardless of weight/gender. Don't want to be rekt? Don't go slapping/hitting people stronger than you. It isn't that hard to understand.
    If you start protecting weak people when they START the fights, you are opening the doors to mayhem.

You know what you're right.

This guy is clearly a hero.

That was exactly what was stated on the message that poster wrote. Literally exactly that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Are you for fucking real right now.

No one is allowed or entitled to hit back when someone hits them, you are allowed legally in most Western countries to defend yourself using the amount of force that is necessary to defend oneself. Getting a smack in the face (assault) does not mean you get to go ham on the person who smacked you, that is ALSO assault.

TL,DR: two wrongs don't make a right, dropping elementary school-level knowledge in this thread.

Christ, off-topic manages to sink to new lows on a regular basis...
    And how can you be guaranteed that the "weak person" that hits you doesn't have a weapon? Or intents to stop after one hit? Or just hit you until you are fully beaten up? Easy answer: You have none. Therefore it's understandable to hit back until the other guy stops/retrieves himself. It's simple protection.

BUT if you hit back that person and carry on once they are incapacitated/coma/dead etc then yes you should be charged for assault. Not before.

- - - Updated - - -

If the answer is for me I wasn't even talking about OP case. Just arguing your logic that was Off topic.

So if it is, your answer is idiotic and doesn't answer anything

Deleted
    You wouldn't do jackshit. You're sitting on a forum acting tough, acting like the shining knight nobody is interested in, especially not the woman you're pretending to protect. And just like social media you won't do anything but spout endless abuse instead of actually in fact helping the possible or imagined victim.
    you know nothing about me or my background, or the work or charities I am involved in, so you can sit there spouting shit a bit more because you've decided you've not made enough of an arse of yourself already, or you could try to be a better person.