Thread: Legion Transmog

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chalon9 View Post
    As far as I know, quests only unlock your armor proficiency. Regardless of when you do it. So if you do a quest with plate and cloth on a dk, you'll only get the plate. Even if you did it before Legion. Which is why so many people are complaining, because it means to get it all, you need to do Loremaster 4 times essentially.

No, they clearly stated all quest items will unlock once Legion is launched, at Blizzcon.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/07/...ation-changes/
    http://warcraft.blizzpro.com/2015/11...ransmog-slots/

They just never said, if those quests that give multiple choices, will unlock all items no matter who completes it, after Legion has launched. Which is what I was trying to get info on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    Great info

Ok, so it seems that quests that gave multiple choices are changed and only unlock items appropriate to your armor specialization. So, a mail wearer will only unlock mail, even if that quest included a plate choice prior to Legion, for example.

Long story short, do Loremaster before Legion is launched to have all armor pieces unlocked. Not sure about weapons but assuming it's the same, just as long as it is completed before Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    No, they clearly stated all quest items will unlock once Legion is launched, at Blizzcon.

They just never said, if those quests that give multiple choices, will unlock all items no matter who completes it, after Legion has launched. Which is what I was trying to get info on.

Ok, so it seems that quests that gave multiple choices are changed and only unlock items appropriate to your armor specialization. So, a mail wearer will only unlock mail, even if that quest included a plate choice prior to Legion, for example.

Long story short, do Loremaster before Legion is launched to have all armor pieces unlocked. Not sure about weapons but assuming it's the same, just as long as it is completed before Legion.
    you mean do loremaster on all your chars? so much overkill...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    On 4 characters PER faction (since there's faction specific looks).

Enjoy
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post

Enjoy
    Doesn't mean you need to do even close to loremaster on 8 chars to unlock them all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Doesn't mean you need to do even close to loremaster on 8 chars to unlock them all.

I would say you only need to do it once and you can do faction specific quests on the other that give unique items.

Ex - http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28189/do-the-right-thing Horde only, gives a one handed shovel. Which is the only one of its kind

So, just sort quests by factions and do the ones that give you cool/unique items on wowhead.com

I'm only doing it on my alliance because I have more and only have one horde(was my free 90 for WoD, but leveled up 100, so that would be too f'in much of quests to do lol), but there's a lot more shared faction quests than spec, anyways. So, just once would probably suffice.

AS LONG AS YOU DO IT BEFORE LEGION.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-05-06 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Enjoy
    Well the first couple faction specific looks are unlocked in MoP (but there are some items that have unique looks that can only be found in Horde or Alliance quests but won't be "faction specific" -so if you get it in your Ally you will be able to use in your horde character-)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just playing around with my DH this morning and figured out i can transmog 1h swords and axes over the top of my glaives. I wonder if this is intentional or not given that those weapons are not available to DHs from questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just playing around with my DH this morning and figured out i can transmog 1h swords and axes over the top of my glaives. I wonder if this is intentional or not given that those weapons are not available to DHs from questing.
    It is intentional

Can Fist weapons transmog on glaives too?

Nope. Only once, outside of MoP, you get access to all quest related transmogs I'm pretty fucking sure.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Come legion you will not be offered any armors that are inappropriate for your class. So there is no opportunity to unlock those. I tested this on alpha by going back to Hellfire Penninsula and doing some of the quests that used to offer a selection of four different types of armors. Now they only offer the one piece for your class.

The quests that used to offer four types of weapons still do so, but you will only unlock those that you can actually equip, regardless of spec.

It seems pretty evident that Blizzard is going to retroactively apply these gear filters to all Pre-Cataclysm content that did not drop class specific items.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2016-05-08 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come legion you will not be offered any armors that are inappropriate for your class. So there is no opportunity to unlock those. I tested this on alpha by going back to Hellfire Penninsula and doing some of the quests that used to offer a selection of four different types of armors. Now they only offer the one piece for your class.

The quests that used to offer four types of weapons still do so, but you will only unlock those that you can actually equip, regardless of spec.

It seems pretty evident that Blizzard is going to retroactively apply these gear filters to all Pre-Cataclysm content that did not drop class specific items.
    So if you don't complete Loremaster (or all the reward giving quests) pre Legion, you'll have to do them when Legion launches on even more toons since you won't unlock the "other" rewards a quest used to give.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

A few questions I would like clarified if possible:

1. If you own a tier piece, will this also unlock any existing lookalike, or do I specifically need to collect the lookalike in order for the set to be usable by characters of a different class? Should we preferentially collect lookalikes because they can be used more widely, or that isn't necessary?

2. What's the new system for obtaining old PvP items? I saw they introduced some consolidated items that unlock *all* set and weapon appearances... Are these cheap, are they expensive? Do they cost gold, or a new PvP currency? Is it worth collecting PvP mogs in advance, using the current honor system, or is it better to just wait? If I already have a partial collection, can I still buy individual items, or will bundles be the only option?

3. Do unlocked mogs have a level restriction? Or can you use them freely on lower level alts? Can you at least use some of them? I understand there is some animosity towards this subject, seeing how most raid sets are "too cool" or "silly" for a lowbie to use, but on the other hand many lower profile sets would be very suitable, including the class sets from the Salvage Yard, which arbitrarily require level 100.

4. Can you "save" transmogs based on spec? Or you still need to apply them over specific gear like we do now?

According to that, anything in your bank should be added too. Which isn't true at this point. Only stuff you can use is added. The same currently applies on the Alpha with quests. So it will likely be the same on Live. Long story short, doesn't matter if you do the quest now or after launch; you'll only get what you can use. It just means that if a quest drops 5 items and you can equip 3, that it will unlock those 3, not all 5.

According to that, anything in your bank should be added too. Which isn't true at this point. Only stuff you can use is added. The same currently applies on the Alpha with quests. So it will likely be the same on Live. Long story short, doesn't matter if you do the quest now or after launch; you'll only get what you can use. It just means that if a quest drops 5 items and you can equip 3, that it will unlock those 3, not all 5.
    Well, if you read the article, they already mention that but they said quests completed will unlock all items no matter what you choose.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/l...cation-changes

If it was the cause, you would have to do loremaster multiple times and by that, they can go f themselves. lol

That's why, do loremaster before release, after that the quests will only offer items suitable for your class.

Well, if you read the article, they already mention that but they said quests completed will unlock all items no matter what you choose.
    http://www.tentonhammer.com/guides/l...cation-changes

If it was the cause, you would have to do loremaster multiple times and by that, they can go f themselves. lol

That's why, do loremaster before release, after that the quests will only offer items suitable for your class.
    I wish we could get some confirmation on this. Because with the current info we have, I would assume that the unlock restrictions apply to quests as well

I wish we could get some confirmation on this. Because with the current info we have, I would assume that the unlock restrictions apply to quests as well

Exactly.

I'm just going off what it said, everything unlocked no matter what you picked. As long as the quest is completed before Legion.

Either way, I'm finishing loremaster now in case it works like that, otherwise you'd be have to do it on all different gear classes anyways. Doesn't hurt.

On the topic of the wardrobe, has there been an eta on the pre-patch? I have legit no room left with all these soon-to-be toys and transmogs I am collecting
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

Quote Originally Posted by TacoCatt View Post
    On the topic of the wardrobe, has there been an eta on the pre-patch? I have legit no room left with all these soon-to-be toys and transmogs I am collecting
    Expect about one month before the expansion, so ~July 30th.
    Last edited by lawomous; 2016-05-09 at 08:41 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    Expect about one month before the expansion, so ~July 30th.
    Bugger, was hoping it would be a bit earlier than that
    Oh well, ty!
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple