Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i think its a perfectly valid form of protest but a bit overused. Its something that can be very effective if used sparingly but is played to early or to often for trivial things and thus has alot of its shock value reduced.

pretty much fuck anyone that does it, and if i see it will save the flag regardless if it lands me in jail doing so or not.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

If they want to make idiots of themselves they can feel free to do so.

It's a dumb thing to do (for any flag), but I'm not particularly offended by it either (for any flag) and think being offended about is even dumber.

7+ Year Old Account
    The American flag does not stand for 1/100 of what it used to stand for. Anymore I view the flag as just a representation of corruption and greed, so fuck the flag at the current moment. Until it my government and political officials give a shit about me why should I give a shit about their flag?

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I imagine a lot of people will be burning it these days because the flag is one of those symbols of radical nationalism, overused by zealotous extremists who represent intolerance, bigotry, regressivism and hatred.
    Hmm, now I want to burn all the UN flags, an LGBT one and an Anita Sarkeesian effigy holding all major religious scriptures. I'm going to need a bigger pyre.

7+ Year Old Account
    It is protected by the First Amendment so whatever. But that cunt on the megaphone needs a fucking history lesson.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP asked how we felt about it. He didn't ask for the pointdexter legality portion.

That said, I don't care much for it. I couldn't care less. I think it's a lazy way to show grievance, given the fact that most people that I see doing it can't articulate their grievances clearly.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-05-09 at 04:58 AM.

Seems to me the American thing to do is laud it as good for the flag-production industry.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I'm indifferent honestly people want to be assholes that is fine

The people burning flags are degenerates with no respect for the nation they are privileged to reside in. They should be stripped of their citizenship and shipped off to some island in the middle of the ocean to form their own society. I'm sure they will do much better than what western civilization has accomplished.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Hmm, now I want to burn all the UN flags, an LGBT one and an Anita Sarkeesian effigy holding all major religious scriptures. I'm going to need a bigger pyre.
    Do what you want. I support free speech.

I'm just saying that people are burning the American flag not because they hate the US, but because a large part of the US that waves the flag around hates them.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post

How do you feel about people who burn the american flag?
    What a waste of free speech to say something so ugly.

If you hate it so much then please leave the country.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It should be deemed as legally and irrevocably renouncing their US citizenship, but they should be allowed to do it.
    This pretty much...you want to burn it then be willing to pay the price.

If someone is burning a flag, they're telling you how they feel about the country or organisation it represents. If that makes you feel bad, well it's probably supposed to.

Flags are really just silly pageantry, a relic of centuries-old nationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    are you sure? i thought burning the flag was illegal
    It's been repeatedly defended by the Supreme Court as a legitimate exercise of the First Amendment, and all attempts to jam a flag desecration act into the Constitution have been voted down.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    It should be deemed as legally and irrevocably renouncing their US citizenship, but they should be allowed to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    If you hate it so much then please leave the country.
    They're disrespecting a piece of cloth with a drawing on it. You're disrespecting the First Amendment. I think you guys should be the ones on the boat out of America, since you are only interested in its symbols, and not what they stand for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are there even American flags not Made in China anyway?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Piece of cloth. And for the record, I feel the same way about burning any flag. Ritualized act that only has significance due to flag's past importance, both sides of any incident filled with equally flawed human beings - its stupid to burn things for no reason and its stupid to overreact because of a burning piece of cloth.

No one mentioned she called the white guy a Nazi and the black guy an uncle tom, multiple times. I mean blatant racism on a megaphone and no one says shit about it at that campus. I would have took that bullhorn away and turned her into a foghorn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    Piece of cloth. And for the record, I feel the same way about burning any flag. Ritualized act that only has significance due to flag's past importance, both sides of any incident filled with equally flawed human beings - its stupid to burn things for no reason and its stupid to overreact because of a burning piece of cloth.
    How about burning a giant cross is that ok also?. Assuming that the cross burners purchased the cross and own it of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    They're disrespecting a piece of cloth with a drawing on it. You're disrespecting the First Amendment. I think you guys should be the ones on the boat out of America, since you are only interested in its symbols, and not what they stand for.
    Do explain how I'm "disrespecting the first amendment" when I'm not demanding these people be arrested, fined etc. for that very reason. I simply think that if a person hates the country so much then they should go find a better place to live since we're clearly so horrible in their view.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.