Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is entirely besides the point, that being that 20k is low for 11 characters who do have them.
    True. I have eight maxed characters but only 4 of them have a maxed garrision and they easily come to 20k per week.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    They'd make a lot more money just putting it in the cash shop.
    Maybe, But tokens also about subs, keeps people who might not still playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Mount collectors by neccessity have to be rich, the TCG mounts were always among the most expensive items in the game.

And really, 2m for the mount, a meager 4m for all the stuff, including shit nobody will really need or buy (like the bag). That's a pittance. Blizz has statistics re: the amount of gold people have, if they believe there has been an inflation of 5x or 10x since the start of MoP when it comes to the amount of cash held by, say the upper 10% of the players, then I guess that's simply true. My intuition and all I can see in the game actually say they're probably being conservative here.

It's ridiculous to demand the mount be sold for 100-200k, when "gold sinks" two expansions ago were more expensive already.
    Goldsinks only work a few months and then the inflation kicks in and doubles compared to the past expansion.

The problem is mainly boosts that inflate gold a lot, people farm like crazy to buy them or buy gold for it.

With the addition of Mythic+ boosts will be even more popular and they will be equally as expensive as mythic raid boosts.

Which is entirely besides the point, that being that 20k is low for 11 characters who do have them.
    Garrison feeds you around 4-5k/week per reasonably set up garrison. That doesn't include stuff you can work/farm for. So - everyone who wants gold should have 250k gold or so (if they've been around since WoD started) - just from their main toon.

That's exactly why 100k is way too cheap for an 'exclusive' style mount.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I don't mind the huge price tags on things. It just knocks gold out of the economy and I'm all for that. WoD spoiled us with gold gains and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Farming old raids is perfectly fine because you are investing time to get money.

Average, not lucky.
    On average the garrison only offers you 4-5k/garrison per week... the more toons you have the closer that average moves down to 4-5k/garrison. Too many days where bugger all gold is offered to make it any more.

But that's still well and truly enough for every single player to have 250k gold in their bank if they wanted to.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

7+ Year Old Account
    anyone else cant connect to battle.net?

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    anyone else cant connect to battle.net?
    Just you

Woah guys, I don't see anyone covering the important questions on here.

1. Are hyena models getting updated?
    2. Are we getting a spirit hyena yet?
    3. Are there plans for a hyena mount?

Everything else is just minor details.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Care to share what is wrong with it?
    tier sets for people who aren't supposed to get tier sets

it completly erases any reason to raid for real if you can get the main thing people raid for by doing something an 11 year old with down syndrom can do (lfr)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    That's, like, your opinion, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post
    Goldsinks only work a few months and then the inflation kicks in and doubles compared to the past expansion.
    True. OTOH goldcap goes up, so hopefully BMAH cap goes up, so that the hyper-rich can get their bidding wars on a whole new level and burn even more gold in the process. Hope Blizz adds some new and really attractive things to the BMAH, like CM sets, more TCG mounts and items, long-lost pvp mounts and the like. Maybe even something BMAH-exclusive? Like a cosmetic item, a Golden Magnate Tabard or some shit, which has no function beside saying "I AM FILTHY GODDAMN RICH". Start those high-profile bids at one million, increments of 250-500k, cap at 9999999 and let the big boys play.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I thought people raided high level content because they actually enjoyed doing so and enjoyed the challenge. Thank you for clarifying that you do not have fun playing the game you just do it for fictional rewards.
    man thats just so stupid, ofc u played mario bc u like mario but there was also a goal: free the princess. If the princess was freed no matter if you managed to get through the level or not why even bother to tryhard then?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I finally managed to get a character to L110 and i must admit, the new-car smell has already worn off. I am already sick of it. For the first time ever since launch, i am in the peculiar position of not being able to find any dps spec that i like enough to actually spend time grinding gear for. I have tried literally every one of them. Everything feels so homogenized. There is little to no uniqueness left with any of the dps specs. The spell names and visual effects may be different, but you quickly realize that certain specs are almost mirror images of others, mechanically speaking. Its especially true in the case of Arms & Ret with the pool/burst playstyle. Though i will admit that Ret at least isnt dependant on a random number generator for its burst windows.

A couple of the healing and tanking specs are fun, but right now in the current build tank and healer dps is abysmally low and i cannot bring myself to face the soul-crushing tedium of leveling at that kind of glacial pace. As dps, ive seen 4 hour long dps queues for dungeons because so few people are willing to level tanks and healers. They are out there, but they are rare. Much, much rarer than on live servers.

And while tank playstyles are somewhat less homogenized than the dps specs, they have had their self healing gutted. I was shocked to learn that my disc priest was actually tanking rares better than all but two of my tanks (Bear Druid and Vengeance DH, which are both overtuned in the self healing department compared to other specs.) Sure proper tanks are durable enough in a raid environment when they have a few healers in their pocket, but i think the general tanking population is going to be more than a little furious to find out how fragile their specs have become without healing support.

The coming tuning passes between now and release are going to be make or break for Legion. If they do not make it less frustrating to level and play healers and tanks, and remove or lessen the spec gating currently attached to artifact weapons, then the playerbase is going to fucking riot once live hits. People thought the backlash for Warlords of Draenor was bad?. That will be a drop in the ocean compared to what is going to happen with Legion when they realize that Blizzard has once again let them down. Particularly given the lofty expectations for this expansion (again). So many people have so much riding on Legion after the WoD debacle that blizzard literally cannot afford to fuck this up. And right now, things are looking decidedly grim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rossfraney View Post
    Just you
    ffs, i wanted to play OW today! ;-;
    fix it blizzard! FIX IT!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    Cool - so tier sets are for everyone, good to see we are in agreement.

If we are going to remove tier sets, I suggest we start with Mythic - after all, a poofteenth of bugger all people do that marginal level.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    ffs, i wanted to play OW today! ;-;
    fix it blizzard! FIX IT!
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Have you tried turning it off and on again?
    i did.
    i did everything i could do, everything works fine, i just cant connect to bnet.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Stormheim Music!

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Stormheim Music!
    Awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    Stormheim Music!
    Get a very Howling Fjord feel
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!