Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabraham View Post

5. Griefing. People would que up for LFR/ dungeon finder just to be tool bags.

OK, it's been a bit since I last qued up for LFR and Dungeon Finder, but unless it has changed, this already happens and at times fairly frequently.

As someone who plays both side already. I'm cool with this. I'm not 100% sure how many people don't already play both sides and it would make things a little easier. Maintaining two raid ready toons on different factions is kind of a pain.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2016-05-09 at 03:31 PM.

I'd rather you just be allowed to do this with premade groups by default. Arbitrarily preventing one half of the playerbase from interacting with the other is an archaic gameplay system that no longer even represents the narrative of the setting we're supposed to be part of. It's both a gameplay detriment and an immersion breaker, and at present I think it's one of the worst elements of WoW's design.

10+ Year Old Account
    No more of these so called ideas please. The game already is in a poor state of affairs, where lore means zilch and the average target player is an autistic vegetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    I'd rather you just be allowed to do this with premade groups by default. Arbitrarily preventing one half of the playerbase from interacting with the other is an archaic gameplay system that no longer even represents the narrative of the setting we're supposed to be part of. It's both a gameplay detriment and an immersion breaker, and at present I think it's one of the worst elements of WoW's design.
    I think the main thing is there's no story to back that kind of gameplay up. That would be like Japan siding with the US during WW2. There's too much lore opposing that kind of thing at the moment. The horde has ROYALLY screwed over the alliance at times and vice versa. Granted a lot of those screw ups are due to lore characters that didn't or shouldn't have represented both sides ie: Arthas/Garrosh. But that makes no difference to the masses. We can't even set aside minor differences like that in the real world between real countries. I don't expect it from WoW either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azgraal View Post
    No more of these so called ideas please. The game already is in a poor state of affairs, where lore means zilch and the average target player is an autistic vegetable.
    An autistic vegetable would probably be able to present a clearer argument than yourself though.

I think the main thing is there's no story to back that kind of gameplay up. That would be like Japan siding with the US during WW2. There's too much lore opposing that kind of thing at the moment. The horde has ROYALLY screwed over the alliance at times and vice versa. Granted a lot of those screw ups are due to lore characters that didn't or shouldn't have represented both sides ie: Arthas/Garrosh. But that makes no difference to the masses. We can't even set aside minor differences like that in the real world between real countries. I don't expect it from WoW either.
    Does there need to be any story beyond "the Horde and Alliance have a history of working together, and your character chooses to do so again to tackle this dungeon/quest/whatever"? I think there's more than enough story to justify the idea of individuals working together at the player's discretion, rather than whenever a scripted sequence dictates it's now time for you to adventure alongside NPCs of the opposing faction. In a game that actively encourages a degree of roleplay, the fact that none of my characters can so much as speak to members of the opposite faction completely pulls me out of the experience on numerous occasions. Admittedly a lot of this has to do with the overarching problem of WoW's narrative delivery structure being designed like a single player action/adventure game as opposed to a massively multiplayer RPG. It's just one of the various instances of certain design elements conflicting with one another in a very messy, jarring way.

10+ Year Old Account
    An autistic vegetable would probably be able to present a clearer argument than yourself though.
    You present a ridiculous "idea", get called on it, then proceed to insult?
    Just an average day at MMO-C.

Deleted
    Sounds awful, do not wan't.

How is it ridiculous if it already exists in game?

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it ridiculous if it already exists in game?
    What's ingame is a tool for skirmishes. You're asking for and indirect abolishment of factions.

What's ingame is a tool for skirmishes. You're asking for and indirect abolishment of factions.
    What I'm asking for is something that can be done once a week maybe and only for 24 hours. Did you even bother to read the post? What I suggested is less of an "indirect abolishment of factions" than the skirmishes tool. Lore wise it would be much easier to explain that a few humans and orcs teamed up to kill a dragon than a human who accepted a payment from an orc to kill a bunch of other humans, one of which was his cousin.

They should just remove the practical aspects to the faction division anyway.

Your original post called the average players "autistic vegetables", and then you complain about insults? Wheeee...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    Your original post called the average players "autistic vegetables", and then you complain about insults? Wheeee...
    If the hat fits you...

Would you care to give a reason? It would be a completely optional feature. It pretty much already exists in the game but only for PVP which makes even less sense. And there is plenty of supporting lore that would lend weight to it. Or are you just one of the trolls that only posts your distaste without actually giving a reason?
    You're trying to take away from the lore that it's horde v alliance because you want it. Just like how horde didn't used to have Paladins and alliance didn't have shamans. You want to homogenize the experience so that it doesn't matter what class/race you play. It's like this now, not saying your idea will make it a lot worse but it's another one of those ideas that strips away uniqueness to provide barely any benefit

That's called a slippery slope. Do that and people will start calling the coin "trivial" and demand being able to do it normally.